This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Scorsese was not a producer. Originally he was going to but The Irishman made that impossible.
    Thanks. The Irishman I think is out in October, can’t wait!
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: Movies 51 - Rise of the Frozen Joker: Chapter II: Dark Fate

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      Thanks. The Irishman I think is out in October, can’t wait!
      Gonna be a big 4th quarter for movies, and I'll include It: Chapter Two just because, even though that is still 3rd quarter.

The Irishman
      Breaking Bad movie
      Star Wars
      Joker
      Zombieland: Double Tap
      Terminator: Dark Fate
      Ford Vs Ferrari
      Frozen 2
      Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood
      Little Women
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Goldfinch out this week. Low expectations but loved the book.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          Gonna be a big 4th quarter for movies, and I'll include It: Chapter Two just because, even though that is still 3rd quarter.

The Irishman
          Breaking Bad movie
          Star Wars
          Joker
          Zombieland: Double Tap
          Terminator: Dark Fate
          Ford Vs Ferrari
          Frozen 2
          Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood
          Little Women
          Jumanji 2

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            Ford Vs Ferrari
            please tell mookie this is ford fairlaine 2
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              please tell mookie this is ford fairlaine 2
              I think its LeMans back when Ford when big into endurance racing to win LeMans.

If they show the cars of that era with the natural sound, bring earplugs.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                I think its LeMans back when Ford when big into endurance racing to win LeMans.

If they show the cars of that era with the natural sound, bring earplugs.
                That's it, and it focuses, based upon the trailers, on the men who brought the whole GT40 project from concept to the LeMans race in 90(?) days.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  Jumanji 2
                  The remake was cute and all but do we really need this? Also it has Akwqkwkqafina in case there was any doubt about it being a bad idea.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    The remake was cute and all but do we really need this? Also it has Akwqkwkqafina in case there was any doubt about it being a bad idea.
                    Do we need any movie?

Comment

Do we need any movie?
                      Yes: Pootie Tang 2

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        The remake was cute and all but do we really need this?
                        My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Well, Hollywood has no new ideas... That's the obvious point here. They keep trying to play the nostalgia card because they think that's the most efficient way to cash in, but that well is already starting to show signs of running dry.

Todays news about FACE/OFF being redone is a perfect example of a reboot that absolutely no one is asking for. That movie has it's original cult status simply because it has Nick Cage and John Travolta both at their peak 90's weirdness along with John Woo doing his unique style behind the camera.

By themselves, all of those things are horrible. But when they combine, the vortex of suck manages to pull you in and you are fascinated by a movie that makes absolutely no sense plot-wise. By trying to do this, you may as well just build a DARK KNIGHT pile of money and light it up like the Joker did...
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                            Well, Hollywood has no new ideas... That's the obvious point here. They keep trying to play the nostalgia card because they think that's the most efficient way to cash in, but that well is already starting to show signs of running dry.

Todays news about FACE/OFF being redone is a perfect example of a reboot that absolutely no one is asking for. That movie has it's original cult status simply because it has Nick Cage and John Travolta both at their peak 90's weirdness along with John Woo doing his unique style behind the camera.

By themselves, all of those things are horrible. But when they combine, the vortex of suck manages to pull you in and you are fascinated by a movie that makes absolutely no sense plot-wise. By trying to do this, you may as well just build a DARK KNIGHT pile of money and light it up like the Joker did...
                            We get the 3rd attempt at getting Dune right in 2020.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

If these did not make $Texas at the box office Hollywood would stop remaking/rebooting/reimagining these movies. Studios can produce this content cheaply and if a film doesn't do gangbusters it still breaks even. Death Wish was absolute garbage, but it made $50M on a $30M budget. Overboard was a success since it only cost $12M to make but made $90M. If it takes off like Jumanji ($950M on a $100M budget) then they get to swim in vaults of cash like Scrooge McDuck.

As long as that keeps happening, why would Hollywood stop?

Comment

If these did not make $Texas at the box office Hollywood would stop remaking/rebooting/reimagining these movies. Studios can produce this content cheaply and if a film doesn't do gangbusters it still breaks even. Death Wish was absolute garbage, but it made $50M on a $30M budget. Overboard was a success since it only cost $12M to make but made $90M. If it takes off like Jumanji ($950M on a $100M budget) then they get to swim in vaults of cash like Scrooge McDuck.

As long as that keeps happening, why would Hollywood stop?
                                Well, FACE/OFF seems like it could be a $90-100m budget that will make $50m. Do that enough and this crap will stop. We're starting to see IP's where this is possible coming through the pipes now. Like I said, the well is starting to show it may be running dry.
                                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                                X