Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AOC Rules!

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    No Muzzie is putting up with a society as gender-equal as Finland.
    mookie? Zat you?
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      mookie? Zat you?
      mookie resides in a warmer muzzie gender equal strong hold
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Green energy is always the environmentally and health-effects friendly solution.

As I've said I can see a carbon-constrained future.
        But we have a lot of tech, a lot of yet to be invented tech, we need before we're there.

First thing: better energy storage.
        Evidence: A solar facility in ND. Look at Feb 5-7. That was the heart of blizzard --> no output and people needed heat. Even today (sunny in eastern ND) it's nowhere near capacity. (I assume Scoobs on his way out to brush off the snow from the panels.) And, yes, believe it or not, I'm part of a consortium that owns one of that panels in that community solar project. We need a way to store Feb 2-4 for Feb 5-7. We don't have it at scale today.

Next, "rebuilt" every structure? How many trees? Or will we use steel (mining) or plastic (oil) 2x4s?

The ideas are noble and should be a goal. But a goal must have a realistic path to it.

And should we be piling on more and more public debt as means to a noble end? It's a good debate but let's make sure it's a well-rounded debate.
        Last edited by The Sicatoka; 02-08-2019, 02:43 PM.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Flag on the play
          Use of illegal straw man
          Go sit in the box and feel shame
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Before someone says " ... blizzard ... wind! ... ", yes, 27 ND counties have wind generation in them.

But those generators have to shut down when the wind exceeds a certain (over-rev) speed.

And again ... as with anything that is intermittent, storage.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Flag on the play
              Use of illegal straw man
              Go sit in the box and feel shame
              Address the issues.

How long to build generation to replace fossil-fuel electricity?
              How long to build the fleet to replace 99% of today's vehicles?
              How long to build the infrastructure to recharge the new fleet of vehicles?

Ideas are great. Goals are great. It's those pesky details that get in the way.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Or they are just turned slightly to reduce the wind load.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  Address the issues.

Your fourth grade debate tactics are boring. You should go find FreshFish and gave a beer together.

A while.
                  A little less than that.
                  A little longer than that.
                  Code:

Comment

So, when do i get all this new green stuff for free? New house, new car, new appliances.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Re: AOC Rules!

Address the issues.

If only you were so skeptical of Republican offered policy initiatives.

"A war in Iraq? What could go wrong? Sign me up!"
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Address the issues.

Kennedy: "I declare to put a man on the moon in this decade".

Sic: "Great. How you gonna do that?"

Since when did America become the country of "no, we can't do that".

Buncha whiney little beeches.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          Kennedy: "I declare to put a man on the moon in this decade".

Sic: "Great. How you gonna do that?"

Since when did America become the country of "no, we can't do that".

Buncha whiney little beeches.
                          As soon as Reagan got elected.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            If only you were so skeptical of Republican offered policy initiatives.

"A war in Iraq? What could go wrong? Sign me up!"
                            I've been saying bring US forces home for a while.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

For example: 2 square meter panel x 1000 = 2000 x 0.20 (20% efficiency panel) = 400 watts
                              Source: https://www.theecoexperts.co.uk/sola...ch-electricity

So 2 sq meter is 400 watts, thus 1 sq meter is 200 watts.

Coal Creek Station in ND owned by MN based GRE: 1.2 GW or 1,200,000,000 watts.

That's 6 million square meters of panels. (1,200,000,000 / 200)

That's 64,583,462.5 sq feet.

That's 2.3 square miles of just panels.

You need space for repair and access and infrastructure to get energy away and set backs from neighbors. Say double that to 4.5 sq mi.

And now the kicker ... that's say good for 6 productive hours a day. You need 24 hours. ....
                              (I won't even bring up cloudy days.)

4.5 sq mi just became 18 sq miles.

And you need storage for the non-solar productive 18 hours you overbuilt for. (I've mentioned storage, yes?) How much space will that eat? I'll be conservative and put it in the 18 sq miles.

Oh, and now you have to build the high voltage line to get the energy from this new solar farm to the end user. Ever heard of power line NIMBY?

So is this impossible? No.
                              Why? ENGINEERING! I'd love to see it, but there are a lot of "moving parts"

Just the same: Caveat emptor.
                              Know what you're asking for.
                              Last edited by The Sicatoka; 02-08-2019, 04:26 PM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                                So, when do i get all this new green stuff for free? New house, new car, new appliances.
                                Tomorrow morning
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X