X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

Originally posted by dave122793 View Post
    If more guns and loose gun laws made us safer we would be the safest country on earth. Clearly we are not and clearly you are too dense to see the truth staring you right in the face. Your words earlier about wanting a safer country were as empty as the space between your ears.
    He almost has it. Have the right attitude, mentality, and responsibility about guns, then anyone who wants one, can have one. Unfortunately, that is far from today's truth.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      He almost has it. Have the right attitude, mentality, and responsibility about guns, then anyone who wants one, can have one. Unfortunately, that is far from today's truth.
      And we will never, ever get there. Look around. Does it look like as a country people are getting more or less responsible? We all watch the same movies. We all play the same video games. Only we have this problem and you only have to be slightly smarter than Drew to figure out why that is. I’m sorry, but I’m out of patience with this crap. Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way. I’m sick and tired of waking up, looking at my phone, and having 6 notifications about another slaughter of our innocent citizens.

Comment

Originally posted by dave122793 View Post
        And we will never, ever get there. Look around. Does it look like as a country people are getting more or less responsible? We all watch the same movies. We all play the same video games. Only we have this problem and you only have to be slightly smarter than Drew to figure out why that is. I’m sorry, but I’m out of patience with this crap. Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way. I’m sick and tired of waking up, looking at my phone, and having 6 notifications about another slaughter of our innocent citizens.
        I have a little more hope, but yes, it's only hope. We will destroy ourselves and have to rebuild our society before that happens, I think.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

My notes in B/U.
          The full semi-auto ban will never happen, you're correct. The genie is out of the bottle on that one. The country is too big, has too many wide-open spaces, and too many semi-autos already sold. The reaction to the ATF showing up on some otherwise law-abiding hick's doorstep to collect his semi-automatic weapons, just like the NRA bleated at him for years that (((They))) would, is going to be very, very ugly. The NRA would jizz themselves hastening to canonize the "great patriots who stood their ground", or whatever. This would very likely trigger a guerrilla version of Civil War 2.

The problem is, the NRA and their paid-for lackeys in Congress won't give even a single inch on any of the less severe proposals that a vast majority of Americans agree with, such as what has already been discussed here ad nauseam.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            Criminals certainly agree would you. It would make things much safer and easier for them.
            Yeah because like everyone else, they will be less likely to get their head blown off in a gun accident.

There are far more non-homicidal gun deaths than homicide gun deaths (and even many of the homicides are committed by those with legally purchased guns). Guns kill 1,300 children every year.

...as long as you keep the gun in your home or in the woods. And if you start claiming the 2nd, I'd also like to hear about your time in a militia.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              The full semi-auto ban will never happen, you're correct. The genie is out of the bottle on that one. The country is too big, has too many wide-open spaces, and too many semi-autos already sold. The reaction to the ATF showing up on some otherwise law-abiding hick's doorstep to collect his semi-automatic weapons, just like the NRA bleated at him for years that (((They))) would, is going to be very, very ugly. The NRA would jizz themselves hastening to canonize the "great patriots who stood their ground", or whatever. This would very likely trigger a guerrilla version of Civil War 2.

The problem is, the NRA and their paid-for lackeys in Congress won't give even a single inch on any of the less severe proposals that a vast majority of Americans agree with, such as what has already been discussed here ad nauseam.
              It doesn't matter. Get them off the streets.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Fully agree.

I would like to add, this is NOT saying "Well, can't have that, you're saying 'might as well do nothing, then.'" That would be incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                  ...as long as you keep the gun in your home or in the woods. And if you start claiming the 2nd, I'd also like to hear about your time in a militia.
                  If we, as a society, had all the mental/good attitude/responsibility of a good gun owner, then C&C wouldn't matter, because we'd have nothing to worry about. There's the rub.

Comment

These studies have been prevented along with all the sensible gun control. The NRA used to be a gun safety organization. No longer. People who cannot be responsible with their toys need to have them taken away.

Period.
                    Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 11-09-2018, 06:00 AM.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

It's so weird to see the NRA so balls to the wall hellbent on not giving a sh**. You would think they would want to promote mental health initiatives in the name of gun safety.

You would think promoting firearms as safe outdoor leisure (trap/target) or for recreational use (hunting) for healthy, responsible Americans would be their mission to increase membership and awareness.

Not coked-out bleating "(((Their))) comin' fer yer GUNZ!"
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        It's so weird to see the NRA so balls to the wall hellbent on not giving a sh**. You would think they would want to promote mental health initiatives in the name of gun safety.

You would think promoting firearms as safe outdoor leisure (trap/target) or for recreational use (hunting) for healthy, responsible Americans would be their mission to increase membership and awareness.

The NRA only cares about the gun manufacturers. We have transferred our militarization of the police to the militarization of the public. All for money.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

13 people shot and killed and all the new Senator can think of is the 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

Fear mongering sells. Scare people into thinking they won't be able to get guns, and then they will start stockpiling them. I'm still disgusted with a friend I haven't been able to talk sense into, that is a one issue voter (guns), and believes the democrats will take her guns.

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

13 people shot and killed and all the new Senator can think of is the 2nd Amendment.
                            Repulsive...and yet, not surprising.
                            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                            7 B1G
                            7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                            6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                            5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                            5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                            2 Alaskan

Comment

If we, as a society, had all the mental/good attitude/responsibility of a good gun owner, then C&C wouldn't matter, because we'd have nothing to worry about. There's the rub.
                              Link?

1) Even if there was perfect training, the presence of guns can still kill others. Ask Chris Kyle, the American Sniper, who was shot and killed at a gun range. 2) 100% perfect training is an impossibility...so you're talking fiction.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                                Fear mongering sells. Scare people into thinking they won't be able to get guns, and then they will start stockpiling them. I'm still disgusted with a friend I haven't been able to talk sense into, that is a one issue voter (guns), and believes the democrats will take her guns.
                                I think society has to start to make fear 'unfashionable' by turning falling for fear to appear pathetic.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X