Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NMU Offseason Thread - 2014 Edition

Originally posted by Pink Pony
    Should make it a yearly trek to Grand Forks.

Then NMU maybe can afford a new scoreboard with video.

The recruits would be begging to play on the shores of Lake Superior.
    Why? Is the check in Grand Forks better than the one in Happy Valley? Just how much do they each pay? Does North Dakota want to commit to an annual series with NMU?
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

It would be nice to beat the other Sioux every year.
      You didn't answer the question.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Dave, or others, any word on a schedule yet? I know UAF posted theirs, and MTU's leaked.

Looking to find out when I need to use my PTO.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Dave, or others, any word on a schedule yet? I know UAF posted theirs, and MTU's leaked.

Looking to find out when I need to use my PTO.
          Still a couple details to be finalized. No word on release date.

Comment

You are media. Get the pencil out and interview.
            In the past few days I have spoken with the team and with the league offices. The schedules will be officially released when they are completed.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
              In the past few days I have spoken with the team and with the league offices. The schedules will be officially released when they are completed.
              Can you be sure that the schedule includes the dates of the WCHA quarter finals, WCHA finals, NCAA regional, and Frozen Four? I feel leaving those dates off doesn't give the players something to shoot for. Sure they know it and are told about it, but the gentle reminder would be nice.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I hope Bill Robertson finds a position for you in the WCHA offices.
                They can't afford me.

Comment

Over The Boards ‏@OTBPuckWatch now
                  93 D Zach Urban (@LangleyRivermen) commits to Northern Michigan. 6'4, 212 lb D from Penticton, BC had 19 pts in 49 @BCHLLive games in 13-14.
                  New recruit for Northern Michigan
                  QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                  2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                  2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                  2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                  https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                  https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                  https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Did they release Joey from his contract?
                    How does that relate to a question about the schedule and why would they release Joe from a contract?

Comment

I thought we were talking about Joey.
                      The portion you quoted was from a question about the schedule release

Comment

So Joey doesn't want to come home.
                        You already answered that in the LSSU thread.

Yes Shawhan applied but Comley did not forward the application to AD Dunbar.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          You already answered that in the LSSU thread.
                          *herpaderp*

Comment

I missed that there was an offseason thread when I posted this yesterday, so I apologize if you see it again: Justin Florek looked good last night against the Red Wings. When Paille and Kelly are back in the lineup, I really want Florek to bump Thornton to the press box. That line needs someone who can be physical, and Florek actually still has hockey skills. I guess you need goons in the regular season, but you don't in the playoffs. I was impressed by Florek.

Dave, which UAH-NMU series will be non-conference? I think that you've told me once, but I'm forgetful. I'm just trying to figure out the rotations, as if it matters since we probably won't have this league scheduling arrangement in 16-17 anyway.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                              I missed that there was an offseason thread when I posted this yesterday, so I apologize if you see it again: Justin Florek looked good last night against the Red Wings. When Paille and Kelly are back in the lineup, I really want Florek to bump Thornton to the press box. That line needs someone who can be physical, and Florek actually still has hockey skills. I guess you need goons in the regular season, but you don't in the playoffs. I was impressed by Florek.

Dave, which UAH-NMU series will be non-conference? I think that you've told me once, but I'm forgetful. I'm just trying to figure out the rotations, as if it matters since we probably won't have this league scheduling arrangement in 16-17 anyway.

GFM
                              The series in Marquette will be non conference. It is a make up for last year's series which was scheduled as non con prior to UAH joining the league.

Comment

The Wildcats sure care for other league members.
                                The series was contracted prior to UAH joining the league.

Comment

Working...
                                X