This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 116th Congress: Episode 1 - Trial by Fire

Here we go. Looks like the Speaker elect is facing a tussle over PAYGO from her progressive members.

It will be interesting how the leadership shakes out for Majority Leader, Whip, and committee chairs.

The House GOP should open their copy books and write down their lessons on how an effective Speaker operates.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: 116th Congress: Episode 1 - Trial by Fire

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Here we go. Looks like the Speaker elect is facing a tussle over PAYGO from her progressive members.

It will be interesting how the leadership shakes out for Majority Leader, Whip, and committee chairs.

The House GOP should open their copy books and write down their lessons on how an effective Speaker operates.
    Paul Ryan got his tax cut. The only thing he didn't accomplish that he wanted to accomplish was gutting the social safety net.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Paul Ryan got his tax cut. The only thing he didn't accomplish that he wanted to accomplish was gutting the social safety net.
      Nancy's a D'Alesandro. She knows how to organize and run things - something the GOP fails to understand.

Our guys in Congress say the right things (limited government, low federal taxes) while campaigning and then upgafuk it when they get elected. They never, ever learn.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Nancy's a D'Alesandro. She knows how to organize and run things - something the GOP fails to understand.

Our guys in Congress say the right things (limited government, low federal taxes) while campaigning and then upgafuk it when they get elected. They never, ever learn.
        They don't believe in any of that. Quit equating what they say to what they believe. They believe in stealing 23 trillion dollars from the lower/middle class. They believe in gutting regulations for more corporate profit. They believe in tax cuts for stock buybacks. They believe in gutting the social safety net for more money.

They do not believe in limited government.
        They do not believe in paying for government.

They never have. They never will.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

They don't believe in any of that. Quit equating what they say to what they believe. They believe in stealing 23 trillion dollars from the lower/middle class. They believe in gutting regulations for more corporate profit. They believe in tax cuts for stock buybacks. They believe in gutting the social safety net for more money.

They do not believe in limited government.
          They do not believe in paying for government.

They never have. They never will.
          I never said they believe. That's what they say to get elected and then they do what their overlords tell them to do. The base and the overlords are not on the same page.

At least the elected Dems, their base, and their overlords are on the same page.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I never said they believe. That's what they say to get elected and then they do what their overlords tell them to do. The base and the overlords are not on the same page.

At least the elected Dems, their base, and their overlords are on the same page.
            Overlords?

No, no Overlords. They do what they want to do. They all read Ayn Rand and they're all true believers.

Comment

Overlords?

No, no Overlords. They do what they want to do. They all read Ayn Rand and they're all true believers.
              I have to agree with this. Its not that the GOP is constantly duped by 'overlords', they are totally dishonest.

joe, you guys are the one's who are duped. They want you to believe they had intentions to cut the government and reduce the deficit - but that they got convinced by a couple of other party members. It doesn't make them seem like the dishonest rabble that they are...and you're more likely to give them yet one more chance.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                I have to agree with this. Its not that the GOP is constantly duped by 'overlords', they are totally dishonest.

joe, you guys are the one's who are duped. They want you to believe they had intentions to cut the government and reduce the deficit - but that they got convinced by a couple of other party members. It doesn't make them seem like the dishonest rabble that they are...and you're more likely to give them yet one more chance.
                Yup. Like the spouse who takes back the unfaithful partner time after time because the alternative is worse.

One day the unfaithful will be purged. It may take 40 years of wandering in the wilderness until they're all gone, but they (and me) will be gone.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Yup. Like the spouse who takes back the unfaithful partner time after time because the alternative is worse.

One day the unfaithful will be purged. It may take 40 years of wandering in the wilderness until they're all gone, but they (and me) will be gone.
                  Yeah, the alternative is way worse. Gotta agree there.

Comment

Lesson 1: Don't have a caucus dominated by nutjobs...****.

Comment

The base and the overlords are not on the same page.
                      The base has no real agenda other than racism.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                        The base has no real agenda other than racism.
                        Derangement.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The base is the 33% that still stuck around after he praised nazis in Charlottesville. The base's commonality is pretty obvious at this point and it's not economic policy, in fact the wall is probably the common policy they care about the most.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                            The base is the 33% that still stuck around after he praised nazis in Charlottesville. The base's commonality is pretty obvious at this point and it's not economic policy, in fact the wall is probably the common policy they care about the most.
                            This is plain as day, joe. Wake up.

Comment

Sit down already
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X