Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA 18-19 Matt 2.0

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    Thanks. I noticed he's from Minnesota. I wonder if he got any looks from the many DI teams in his home state?
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      Thanks. I noticed he's from Minnesota. I wonder if he got any looks from the many DI teams in his home state?
      Maybe he's tired of bus rides, tic's and XL yard art.......... Wecome aboard Taylor
      Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 12-11-2018, 03:13 PM.
      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

https://twitter.com/_Neutral_Zone/st...42854818467841

Comment

Thank you. If he is fast, he is just what UAA needs. SPEED!! Nice.
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
            Thank you. If he is fast, he is just what UAA needs. SPEED!! Nice.
            At 5’9” he’d better be fast or it’s a wasted recruitment.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Well hopefully he's another Cygan.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

5'9...

Oh yeah let's bring back the studs Shyiak recruited that moseyed about slower than turtles.

Matt 1.0 recruited all sizes, just missed or had 3rd or 4th string recruits say yes.

Anything that can hit twine is welcome, all genders, all sizes and shapes, please anybody that can hit twine.
                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Size isn't as big of an issue anymore with the way hockey and its rules have evolved.
                  Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                  FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                  NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                  NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                  NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                  NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                  Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                  Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                    Size isn't as big of an issue anymore with the way hockey and its rules have evolved.
                    College Hockey News' stats page lets you sort teams by height and weight. Besides the fact that there isn't a lot of difference from top to bottom (6'1.3" is the tallest team - Maine, and 5'10.8" is the shortest - UAH, 193.5 the heaviest - UMD, and 177.7 the lightest - NMU), it is interesting that there's not a whole lot of correlation between size and winning. UMass, Kato, and Denver are quite small, but UMD and St. Cloud are in the top 10 in height and weight. The WCHA does seem to lean light, with only 2 in the top 20 heaviest, but 3 in the bottom 5. So there's a place for smaller guys in college hockey in general, but perhaps the WCHA in particular.

Comment

Note to the Bemidji play by play guy … UAA has NO players named Arnouf on their roster.

Good game Seawolves! Beautiful pass by DeGraff to spring Luedtke! That makes the flight back home a little easier.
                      Last edited by Suze; 12-15-2018, 08:07 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

SEAWOLVES WIN!
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Nice job Seawolves
                          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

UAA has a press release about the new recruits who signed during the early signing period. It's nice to see this information being shared so early!! Thanks UAA.

http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArtic...CLID=211784168

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

UAA has a press release about the new recruits who signed during the early signing period. It's nice to see this information being shared so early!! Thanks UAA.

http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArtic...CLID=211784168
                              For our friends up north who need help....... it'z the season....

Hockey signs five for 2019-20
                              Courtesy: UAA Athletics
                              Hockey signs five for 2019-20
                              December 18, 2018
                              By UAA Media Relations
                              print rss

ANCHORAGE, ALASKA – University of Alaska Anchorage head hockey coach Matt Curley announced the signing of five players to National Letters of Intent. They will join the program for the 2019-20 season.

Dante Fantauzzi
                              6-0, 176, Defenseman
                              North York Ontario/North York Rangers (OJHL)
                              Has tallied 27 points (6 goals, 21 assists) in 91 games for the North York Rangers (OJHL)…After appearing in 14 games for the Rangers in 2016-17, he tallied 14 points (3 goals, 11 assists) in 55 games in 2017-18…has recorded 12 points (2 goals, 10 assists) in 22 games in 2018-19.

“A young and talented defenseman, Dante will be a great addition to our defensive core, possessing the puck moving ability that allows players like him to play at an elite level,” said head coach Matt Curley. “Like our other incoming student-athletes, he is an exceptional person of high character and values, attributes that go hand in hand with his athletic abilities. We are excited to have Dante a part of our team next year.”

Mack Hancock
                              6-2, 188, Forward
                              Kingston, Ontario/Brooks Bandits (AJHL)
                              Has tallied 20 goals and 47 assists for 67 points in 139 games during his junior career…currently has 12 points (8 goals, 4 assists) in 19 games this season for the Brooks Bandits…split time between the Syracuse Stars (NCDC) and Brooks Bandits tallying a combined 7 goals and 29 assists for 36 points in 58 games…recorded 19 points (5 goals, 14 assists) in 62 games for the Brockville Braves in 2016-17.

“Mack brings size, skill and IQ into our lineup next year as a strong and disciplined center who will be ready to step in next year and contribute to our team,” said head coach Matt Curley. “Hailing from a program with a winning pedigree, Mack brings that mentality to our program as we continue to build our culture.”

Rylee St. Onge
                              6-0, 188, Forward
                              St. Catharines, Ontario/Des Moines Buccaneers (USHL)
                              Has tallied 201 points (103 goals, 98 assists) in 228 games during his junior career that started in 2014-15…he started his career with the Hamilton Red Wings (OJHL) finishing with 35 points (22 goals, 13 assists) in 50 games…he spent the next two seasons with the Markham Royals (OJHL) tallying 42 points (21 goals, 21 assists) in 2015-16 and 56 points (28 goals, 28 assists) in 2016-17…he tallied 54 points (23 goals, 31 assists) for the Corpus Christi Ice Rays (NAHL) in 2017-18…has scored nine goals and three assists for 14 points in 23 games this season for the Des Moines Buccaneers (USHL).

“Rylee is a 200-foot player with a high compete level and the ability to put the puck in the back of the net,” said head coach Matt Curley. “He brings a wealth of experience to our program having played out his junior career and has maximized his opportunity at every stop. A young man of high character, Rylee is a welcomed addition to our program.”

Brett Thorne
                              6-2, 190, Defensman
                              Bedford, Nova Scotia/Carlton Place Canadians (CCHL)
                              Has 66 points (16 goals, 50 assists) in 103 games during his junior career…has recorded 29 points (9 goals, 20 assists) through 35 games this season with the Carlton Place Canadians…skated in 61 games for the Canadians in 2017-18 scoring 38 points (7 goals, 31 assists)…played in seven games for the Wellington Dukes (OJHL) in 2017-18 before joining the Canadians.

“A mobile two-way defenseman, Brett has tremendous upside as a puck moving and play making defenseman at the collegiate level,” said head coach Matt Curley. “With his size and physicality, Brett will make an immediate impact on our backend next season. We are thrilled to have Brett join our team next season.”

Nick Wicks
                              5-9, 163, Forward
                              Delta, British Columbia/Merritt Centennials (BCHL)
                              Has 87 points (28 goals, 59 assists) in 151 games during his junior career…tallied 13 points (six goals, seven assists) in 53 games during his first season with the Centennials in 2016-17…followed up with 47 points (12 goals, 35 assists) in 61 games in 2017-18…is averaging a point a game this season for the Centennials with 37 points (10 goals, 27 assists) in 36 games.

“Nick is a highly skilled, play making center who brings a unique skill set to our lineup,” said head coach Matt Curley. “As a captain, he brings not only the ability to play at an elite level but the leadership that comes along with building a winner. One of our first commits, we are proud to have Nick as a Seawolf.”
                              Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 12-18-2018, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                                For our friends up north who need help....... it'z the season....
                                Nice size. You guys planning on going back to NHL size ice?

Comment

Working...
                                X