Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Democratic Challengers: Who ISN'T Running At This Point?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers: Who ISN'T Running At This Point?

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Bernie seemed to do pretty good on Faux at his town hall.
    end of the day he IS their demographic. angry old white dude. (he just wants to give everyone's money away instead of squirreling it into a tree )
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Serious non-trolling question: Did Bernie pay his "fair share"? I know he paid what he owed but does this meet the "fair share" threshold since he was in the 1% last year?
      "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
      Groucho Marx
      "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
      Ron White
      "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
      Milo Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
        Serious non-trolling question: Did Bernie pay his "fair share"? I know he paid what he owed but does this meet the "fair share" threshold since he was in the 1% last year?
        His income was not capital gains, so he didn’t benefit from the lower rate like most 1%ers

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          His income was not capital gains, so he didn’t benefit from the lower rate like most 1%ers
          so wait..... 'fair shares' is a code then for cap gains?
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Man, the Bernie bros are going to be insufferable if he doesn’t get the nomination. Their Facebook comments are already almost as obnoxious as Trump Turds.

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
              No, he didn't.

Comment

It's almost like the tax laws need to change

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                  Nope.

Honestly, and this is going to sound like a knee jerk liberal reaction, but if you’re in the 1%, it almost certainly doesn’t matter what you paid. It’s probably not enough.

That said, it’s possible some fraction of the 1% paid in at a higher rate than what’s usual for their income level. That’s a start. But if their effective rates are lower than mine, it’s by default ‘not enough.’
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Bret Beier smugly asking "Who wants M4A" followed by the majority of the Fox News audience raising their hands as his face droops was worth the entire ordeal.

"I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

There are a ton of MAGA chuds on twitter who are ****ed that FAUX didn't stack the audience against him better

https://i.imgur.com/dhfVN0z.jpg

Comment

An interesting map. The Midwest is higher than I thought and the Deep South is lower:

It also brings home the fact that if Latinos ever start voting TX is going to be blue.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 04-16-2019, 08:42 AM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          An interesting map. The Midwest is higher than I thought and the Deep South is lower:...
                          B1G v SEC academic standards
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            B1G v SEC academic standards
                            Or the race of B1G v SEC defensive backs.

The center of mass of bumblef-cks in this country is significantly farther north than I would have expected: KY-IN-OH-WV, not LA-MS-AL-FL. From that map PA is significantly more stupid than GA.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 04-16-2019, 10:18 AM.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              bumblef-cks in this country
                              Kepler, it's clear from your posts that you're a bright guy. If you apply yourself, I could even see you supporting yourself eventually as... say, assistant manager at a Best Buy. But man, you've got to get out in the real world. You've got the blinders of a kid with no experience in life who thinks he's king of the world because he just got into some second-rate fake ivy like Cornell. Different people have differing goals.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

It does come off as a bit elitist given how much college costs to attend and the calculated risk involved with making it worthwhile. That's part of why it needs to be free or significantly more affordable because access wouldn't be as big of a problem anymore and it's probably the best way to open the minds of younger people in red states.

Comment

Working...
                                X