Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Oh, and that Roman fighting tactic used, the wall of shields and spears, the producers made great use of history in that situation.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      Oh, and that Roman fighting tactic used, the wall of shields and spears, the producers made great use of history in that situation.
      We kept exclaiming that if Wun Wun had any kind of weapon the tactic would be screwed. He didn't, though, so it was effective.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Seriously. Just give Wun Wun a ****ing tree or something
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

The only problem was how predictable it all was. We knew everything that would happen.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            The only problem was how predictable it all was. We knew everything that would happen.
            So now that we got everything we wanted what ****tyness will they leave us with next week.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Ramsey got off light. Glad Sansa was the one to finish him off though...she deserved it.
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                Ramsey got off light. Glad Sansa was the one to finish him off though...she deserved it.
                He was right. He is part of her now.

My God, the Starks are the greatest argument in history against feudalism. Their ineptitude gets them killed, which is fine, but it gets everybody else killed too. They're what would happen if the Bushes and Kennedys intermarried.

The giant should have squashed John and Sansa when he had the chance.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  So now that we got everything we wanted what ****tyness will they leave us with next week.
                  We had the 'splosion blood spurt episode so now we'll have a talky talky episode.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So, next episode, I imagine we see an update from all of the storylines, with significant developments in most if not all of them.

Dany sails for Westeros.
                    Cersei's Trial
                    Arya gets to Westeros/Winterfell
                    Brienne encounters the Brotherhood
                    Night's King reaches the Wall
                    Bran and Benjen get south of the Wall
                    Tower of Joy conclusion

All are possibilities
                    Last edited by bigblue_dl; 06-20-2016, 08:57 AM.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Is anyone else taking note of the "women's revolution" happening right now.

In almost every corner of the map a woman is either in power or jostling for it.

Dorne, Dany, Yara, Sansa, Cersei...

Also, the last episode HAS to end with the whitewalkers either walking right through the wall or completely dismantling and crumbling it to the ground.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        Also, the last episode HAS to end with the whitewalkers either walking right through the wall or completely dismantling and crumbling it to the ground.
                        Agree 100%. That will be quite the cliffhanger.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Read a very interesting observation. The last time we saw the Brotherhood Without Banners, in like season 2 or 3, they settled their scores with combat, in fact, Sandor had to fight Beric and it was on screen. Now, this season, we have been told, by Beric and Thoros, that the Brotherhood strictly uses hanging, not combat, to execute their enemies. So, why the change of heart? Is it because the Brotherhood has a new leader, a leader that, in the books, has a preference for hanging?

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            He was right. He is part of her now.

My God, the Starks are the greatest argument in history against feudalism. Their ineptitude gets them killed, which is fine, but it gets everybody else killed too. They're what would happen if the Bushes and Kennedys intermarried.

The giant should have squashed John and Sansa when he had the chance.
                            One of my favorite continuing themes, especially this season, is how all the Stark kids are all low-key privileged and terrible. They're the Michael Bluth of Westeros, not realizing they're just as insane as the rest.

Cersei's trial is supposed to be the main event next week. This past episode was cool from a visual standpoint, but it was basically a Michael Bay movie. Lots of big budget effects, no story.
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              Read a very interesting observation. The last time we saw the Brotherhood Without Banners, in like season 2 or 3, they settled their scores with combat, in fact, Sandor had to fight Beric and it was on screen. Now, this season, we have been told, by Beric and Thoros, that the Brotherhood strictly uses hanging, not combat, to execute their enemies. So, why the change of heart? Is it because the Brotherhood has a new leader, a leader that, in the books, has a preference for hanging?
                              The show runners have stated flat out that Lady Stoneheart is not making an appearance in any episode.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                The show runners have stated flat out that Lady Stoneheart is not making an appearance in any episode.
                                While I do agree that we won't see her, just because they say she's not going to appear, doesn't mean she won't. They don't have a duty to not mislead and lie to people to keep plot points secret. I just though that this change of philosophy by the Brotherhood was an interesting observation that someone made.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X