No announcement yet.

Dartmouth BIG Green Hockey: 2018-19 Season : Failure is NOT an Option...SUCCESS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dartmouth BIG Green Hockey: 2018-19 Season : Failure is NOT an Option...SUCCESS

This is a scenario where a tie feels like a lost! The game vs Bentley was totally in hand with a 2-0 lead and dominating play with Clark getting very little action. Then Clark lets in a harmless and very saveable shot to change momentum. Then on the second one was poor rebound control. Yes, there are five other players leading up to a goal and breakdowns occur. I don't what to pick on the kid because he has played well throughout the season but it's that consistency I worried about. I will be remiss if I didn't credit Bentley for their never quit attitude as they bounced back each time.

Key Points:

Ad nauseum PP needs improvement although Graber scores on 5 on 3 and yes on the left hall wall when scored off a rebound
    4th line is a mess and getting eating up on the ice giving up goals; Kilistoff and Warpecha (both good calls by staff) scratches as was Losurdo
    Sam Hesler acquitted himself well and looked good on the second lone
    Roth stills gets himself in needless trouble by not playing it simple ie D to D and extending zone time for opposition
    Less is not even close to where he was last year; playing himself back into shape after injury

Comment

Re: Dartmouth BIG Green Hockey: 2018-19 Season : Failure is NOT an Option...SUCCESS

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
      This is a scenario where a tie feels like a lost! The game vs Bentley was totally in hand with a 2-0 lead and dominating play with Clark getting very little action. Then Clark lets in a harmless and very saveable shot to change momentum. Then on the second one was poor rebound control. Yes, there are five other players leading up to a goal and breakdowns occur. I don't what to pick on the kid because he has played well throughout the season but it's that consistency I worried about. I will be remiss if I didn't credit Bentley for their never quit attitude as they bounced back each time.

Key Points:

Ad nauseum PP needs improvement although Graber scores on 5 on 3 and yes on the left hall wall when scored off a rebound
      4th line is a mess and getting eating up on the ice giving up goals; Kilistoff and Warpecha (both good calls by staff) scratches as was Losurdo
      Sam Hesler acquitted himself well and looked good on the second lone
      Roth stills gets himself in needless trouble by not playing it simple ie D to D and extending zone time for opposition
      Less is not even close to where he was last year; playing himself back into shape after injury
      -I have to think Losurdo was injured. I see why Kilistoff and Warpecha were out, but Losurdo was not one I expected.
      -Clark had a forgettable game. Made a great glove save in the 3rd with the score 3-2, but that 1st goal leaked between the 5 hole, and the 2nd was as you indicated. Definitely net minus overall than net plus for him. And a save percentage under 900, which it is now, well--Dartmouth has no prayer of doing anything against any ECAC team in the playoffs if that's the case. Can't have a regression in goal, and of late, that's what he's had. Has to get back to where he was in November: far more consistent and it seems to me far more confident.
      -It's going to take Less a few more weeks to get back to where he was, I think. Roth and Matthews scare me in the defensive zone.
      -Glad to see Sellar get an assist and Graber score. Foreman's been scoring but Dartmouth needs that line to get it going if they want to play at home in March.
      -Liked all 4 lines yesterday better than I have in a while, but 4th line depth is still a problem. I'll wait and see if those 3 get a chance to play together a little and reserve judgment.

Also--loved Bentley's rink, and the crowd was into the game despite there being no students due to semester break. I live an hour away--I may make that trip again later to see it for a conference game. I'd been to the old rink once, and wow: what a difference.
      Last edited by GreenBear; 01-06-2019, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Glad that you guys liked Bentley's new arena. Hope that you arrived early to get a close parking spot; the parking situation last night was particularly bad, as perhaps the large turn out of locals was a surprise. There is plenty of nearby parking, but the facilities team did not plan that well.

Comment

Weekend Preview: Dartmouth/Harvard

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...thharvard.html
          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
          https://***********/QHockeyBlog
          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Here's the the biggest hockey weekend thus far with 4-point ECAC games here on out. Tonight BG travels to Q who's is looking to avenge/revenge for the spanking they took early in the season in Hanover. No question Q is a far better team that showed up that night but we will see how much better tonight. This should be entertaining up and down the ice gain and goalies better be prepared, probably more on the BG side. Thus far this season the BG has played up to or down to their competition coming in on paper and we will see how this goes. Let's goooooo BIG GREEN!

Comment

Here's the the biggest hockey weekend thus far with 4-point ECAC games here on out. Tonight BG travels to Q who's is looking to avenge/revenge for the spanking they took early in the season in Hanover. No question Q is a far better team that showed up that night but we will see how much better tonight. This should be entertaining up and down the ice gain and goalies better be prepared, probably more on the BG side. Thus far this season the BG has played up to or down to their competition coming in on paper and we will see how this goes. Let's goooooo BIG GREEN!
              Cheap shot by Connor Yau....! Bad game for Big Green! Sloppy and dirty....probably lit the Bobcat fuse....
              Last edited by SnowDogFlyer; 01-11-2019, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Quinnipiac returns favor, beats Dartmouth 5-1

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...vor-beats.html
                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
                  Cheap shot by Connor Yau....! Bad game for Big Green! Sloppy and dirty....probably lit the Bobcat fuse....
                  Please don't come on our BG thread spewing this type of info; it has no substance and certainly was speaking out of emotion, and lastly you lacked sound evidence! You can do all you want on your thread...have at it!

So let's set the straight on this so called cheap shot. You guys were on a PP and a Q lefty player got it down low and tried to stuff home a backhander which Clark stopped. He then tries to jam/pitchfork another attempt. That is when Yau comes over and gives him a high cross check which the player easily goes down in a heap. That player got up easily and was back on the ice and in play. The ref was 3-feet away and looking at it the whole way did not make a call and neither did the other ref. It was only when play was stopped and Rand starts a rant about the perceived reality of the cross check. Ensuing they send Yau to the box and Rand insists on a review which the refs obliged. After a short review, it was just a 2-minute minor (relays clearly shows it was a cross check to the swallow of upper back /shoulder blades and NOT back of head) making it a 5 on 3. I should add any D man would have done the same thing in protecting his goalie. Furthermore, your announcers called it a "cheap shot" initially than backed off after seeing the reply and review of the refs. And if you really did your homework, you will find out that Yau had a whopping two minors coming into the game despite logging tons of ice time. Also for you to claim that Dartmouth and Yau are cheap shot artist is certainly without merit as Dartmouth is one of the least penalized team. I could comment on the two cross checks against Q near the boards but I won't because they are hockey plays and what makes this an exciting game. And finally you are 100% incorrect in that your belief is that it lit the fuse of your team. The igniter was our stupid penalties leading your PP goals and lead and momentum swing.

In short, look I understand you are pulling for your team and obviously is very passionate about it but you should be more careful about your posts. If you still feel that way 24 hours later than by means post it on your thread.

Comment

Now back to the game! Q dominates the BG and exacts its revenge 5-1. The first period was uneventful as Q controls possession but having no really Grade A chances. You can actually make a case that the BG had better scoring chances in the first. Then Warpecha sneaks one in short-side which would be considered a bad goal given up late in the first. Then to start the second the game opens up and teams trade chances with again the BG having the better scoring chances to only have them stoned by Shortridge. The Sellar takes a penalty and while killing off most of it Priskie banks a so-called shot off Clark to score from the his off side and on the goal line. If it doesn't hit Clark the puck is going across the crease. Then Matthews takes a penalty and same thing until a harmless shot from the point gets through Clark (not sure if he was screened or not). Then Q comes in with numbers and centers the puck to a Q player with outside lane drive for an easy tip in (beautiful goal). I believe all this is within 5 minutes and that was the beginning of the end.

Key points:

Special team differential was an absolute killer.
                    PP downright ugly as 1st unit gets zone time but nothing dangerous; 2nd unit refuses to set up and force passes that aren't there with a man advantage
                    PK...need a say more although the goalie is your best PK'er and that was not the case last night
                    Tree Line is in shambles and Graber needs to find the spark again; as Graber goes the Tree Line will follow good and/or bad
                    Need some finishers has Carl H, Sam H and especially Jasiek had beyond Grade a chances but failed to score

No time to dwell but rather move forward and exact its own revenge on Princeton who have downwardly owned the BG. Come on and bounce back and get the split this weekend and show that you are a contender and not a pretender!

Comment

• Re: Dartmouth BIG Green Hockey: 2018-19 Season : Failure is NOT an Option...SUCCESS

Please don't come on our BG thread spewing this type of info; it has no substance and certainly was speaking out of emotion, and lastly you lacked sound evidence!
                      Lighten up Francis. Your emotions are getting the best of you as well...

It was a borderline hit as the slow motion replay from above showed. I think the right call (2 vs 5) was ultimately made and I think any potential hit to the head should be reviewed.

Now, the hit into the boards by Mathews (?) at the end of the 3rd was a cheap shot IMHO. He was clearly looking at numbers when he tossed Cassidy in the boards. That could have and should have been a 5, but I understand the call at that point in the game. I don't think it was a malicious hit, but definitely a cheap shot.

To be fair, the refs were not very good last night. They set no precedence early in the game and almost lost it in the 3rd, allowing those 2 hits to happen in the first place.

Good luck the rest of the way.
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Re: Dartmouth BIG Green Hockey: 2018-19 Season : Failure is NOT an Option...SUCCESS

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                        Lighten up Francis. Your emotions are getting the best of you as well...

It was a borderline hit as the slow motion replay from above showed. I think the right call (2 vs 5) was ultimately made and I think any potential hit to the head should be reviewed.

Now, the hit into the boards by Mathews (?) at the end of the 3rd was a cheap shot IMHO. He was clearly looking at numbers when he tossed Cassidy in the boards. That could have and should have been a 5, but I understand the call at that point in the game. I don't think it was a malicious hit, but definitely a cheap shot.

To be fair, the refs were not very good last night. They set no precedence early in the game and almost lost it in the 3rd, allowing those 2 hits to happen in the first place.

Good luck the rest of the way.
                        You may be right but the evidence backs up my claim and like I said if he wants to throw unsubstantiated dirt then by all means do it on his thread..to flat out call out a team and a players is very reckless. You can go back to all of my posts it's about the game and the game within the game, that's why you get the details in depth. Also when I post on other teams it's either congratulatory or about the game and not hurling derogatory innuendos which were proven untrue.

That's my stance and I am sticking to it. Good luck to you guys as well as I had a feeling it would be much different last night compared to the night in Hanover and it played out as the better team won.

Comment

Excellent point about finishing: Dartmouth skated with QU for the 1st and had opportunities to stretch their lead in the 2nd, but didn't. Part of that was due to Shortridge (great save on S. Hesler) and part of it was misfiring and squandering the chances. Not enough depth scoring on the team to be wasteful--you may get away with that against, say, Colgate (and maybe not--only picked them as they get shut out a lot). You won't get away with it against QU.

Also, Dartmouth uncharacteristically killed themselves with penalties. One of the least penalized teams in the country took a few silly ones last night and QU took full advantage--again.

Hoping for better tonight vs Princeton. Don't ask me why I have a good feeling about tonight considering how things have gone against the Tigers recently, but I do.

Comment

You may be right but the evidence backs up my claim and like I said if he wants to throw unsubstantiated dirt then by all means do it on his thread..to flat out call out a team and a players is very reckless.
                            It wasn't unsubstantiated dirt... it was a fan's reaction to something he seemed "suspect" against his team. We all do it. I fail to understand how you think that is reckless. It's no different than the passion you show in your posts.
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                              It wasn't unsubstantiated dirt... it was a fan's reaction to something he seemed "suspect" against his team. We all do it. I fail to understand how you think that is reckless. It's no different than the passion you show in your posts.
                              If that's the case then wouldn't "honorable" thing to do is say, after reflection and seeing all the evidence I may have come across a bit harsh; that's not even admitting guilt. That's like me saying Priskie is a goon after is boarding penalty but no I would be lying and we all know Priskie is not that type of player rather someone that is skilled and talented and soon to make the "Big Show".

I am done on this topic and I find it very interesting that it is you responding instead of the original poster. Like I said, I focus on what's good and that what makes this games so exciting especially for us the fans but more importantly for the players on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenBear View Post
                                Don't ask me why I have a good feeling about tonight considering how things have gone against the Tigers recently, but I do.
                                Had no reason to feel going going into this game, but wow.....what a thrashing! I sure didn't expect a 5-0 shutout win. I'll let BG do the analysis; I'm in the NH mountains tonight and skiing again in the AM so I'm gonna get to sleep.

Comment

Working...
                                X