Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Three days until season 6 premieres. Truthfully, it just sort of snuck up on me.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Apparently the cable and satellite providers are doing a free weekend of HBO. Typical dealer behavior. "The first taste is free."

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        Apparently the cable and satellite providers are doing a free weekend of HBO. Typical dealer behavior. "The first taste is free."
        They often do that when a huge show on a premium network has its season debut. Charter Cable, my local provider, used to do that with the early seasons of Dexter on Showtime.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          Three days until season 6 premieres. Truthfully, it just sort of snuck up on me.
          It didn't for me only because of how I like to do GoT. I count backwards the number of days it would take me to watch 1-2 episodes a night to end on the Saturday or Sunday it premieres. Really gets you back in the mindset to watch the show. I'm on the first episode of Season 5 right now and need to pack in the last nine over the next few days. I'm so amped right now.

Going back and rewatching this show with the knowledge of what happens makes everything so much better in some respect. You see things and hear things from the characters that you never picked up on the first time through. Even something small like Little Finger cocking his eye off to the side in just the right way or Danerys putting an emphasis on one word instead of another.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Watching a few episodes from last season over again. So **** good.

Unfortunately I can't watch the premier until Tuesday night, since I'll be travlin.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

If you were told there would be no math, they lied. An algorithm on who is next to die.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/sci-tec...ones-1.2871377
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Ewwwwwwwwwwww!!!!
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The before picture is what she looks like at 2AM when you take her home from the bar....the after is what she looks like the next morning....
                  But it is nice to see Kreacher found work after the Harry Potter series ended.
                  Good to see Bran and Rickon again!
                  So Dany will be spending yet another season across the sea. Will she ever get to Westeros?

Comment

Yeah, that was pretty graphic.

I think Ser Davos is playing the situation just right. Really like him. Of course, that means he's dead soon. Ah well.

Sand snakes. Whoa. Let's see how this works out for them.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

The Sand Snakes will meet a grisly end. The Red Woman had been referenced as being older than she appears in seasons past, but never did I think she would be that old.

BTW, they've not burned John Snow's body.

Comment

BTW, they've not burned John Snow's body.
                        It's why Davos told them to get him inside as fast as possible, IMO. He knows what's up and what can be done. He just won't say it outright.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                          It's why Davos told them to get him inside as fast as possible, IMO. He knows what's up and what can be done. He just won't say it outright.
                          I think it's also why he wants the Red Lady in the room, thinking she could not only resurrect Lord Commander Snow but also send off some shadow beasts at the traitors.

Comment

I think it's also why he wants the Red Lady in the room, thinking she could not only resurrect Lord Commander Snow but also send off some shadow beasts at the traitors.
                            Either she does it or tells them about Thoros. I remember her being shocked at how many times he revived Beric.

Comment

There is officially no point to Dorne I the show.

**** near the opposite of the books.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Preview for the next episode. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOYTFqUhD9Q
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X