Pyeongchang 2018 Winter Olympics Thread: It's Time to Bribe Some Judges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pyeongchang 2018 Winter Olympics Thread: It's Time to Bribe Some Judges

Slopestyle is now underway on MSNBC.... Final is now 2 runs, best score counts instead of 3....
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Not on msnbc.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Not on msnbc.
        My bad... NBCSN...
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I hope they didn’t cut into curling. :-/

I’m on DVR delay on prime time and nbcsn
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I have been trying to watch mostly using the NBC Olympics streaming app (using Fire Stick, or Roku), and it has been terrible. Just unwatchable. They try to insert ads into the coverage, but NBC is so terrible at it that they ruin the coverage. They cut away from the broadcast during important parts of races, for one x-country ski race I was watching, I couldn't see the winner cross the finish line, because they cut to commercial. For short track they were inserting commercials between each race. Well, the **** races last 30 seconds each, so it is all commercials. Add to that, they cut away too quick, so when a skater is under review for a penalty, etc. they cut away before the explanation is given, and you get back to coverage right when the next race is starting with no explanation. They won't let you fast forward through the ads on the app either. They really are ****ing this up.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

They’ve been that bad for about 12-16 years. It’s gotten worse lately though.
              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                I have been trying to watch mostly using the NBC Olympics streaming app (using Fire Stick, or Roku), and it has been terrible. Just unwatchable. They try to insert ads into the coverage, but NBC is so terrible at it that they ruin the coverage. They cut away from the broadcast during important parts of races, for one x-country ski race I was watching, I couldn't see the winner cross the finish line, because they cut to commercial. For short track they were inserting commercials between each race. Well, the **** races last 30 seconds each, so it is all commercials. Add to that, they cut away too quick, so when a skater is under review for a penalty, etc. they cut away before the explanation is given, and you get back to coverage right when the next race is starting with no explanation. They won't let you fast forward through the ads on the app either. They really are ****ing this up.
                I think they are doing it remotely and the times are preprogrammed. So when an event gets delayed - like snowboarding - the time extends past the window they had reserved for the event. I noticed the coverage cut out and I was stuck with a loading bar on my screen that never loaded. When I exited out the option to go back to that event was gone and had been replaced. The commercials are played haphazardly too.

This morning I was trying to explain curling to my mother which was hard enough, but nigh impossible since the audio was about 20 seconds ahead of the video. I finally just muted it.

The coverage on the sports app from Rio was excellent. This is a huge disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  I think they are doing it remotely and the times are preprogrammed. So when an event gets delayed - like snowboarding - the time extends past the window they had reserved for the event. I noticed the coverage cut out and I was stuck with a loading bar on my screen that never loaded. When I exited out the option to go back to that event was gone and had been replaced. The commercials are played haphazardly too.

This morning I was trying to explain curling to my mother which was hard enough, but nigh impossible since the audio was about 20 seconds ahead of the video. I finally just muted it.

The coverage on the sports app from Rio was excellent. This is a huge disappointment.
                  Curling boiled down to its essence: object is to get as close to the center as possible. Only one team can score per end. They get one point for every stone in the scoring rings that is closer than the opponent's closest stone.

Comment

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. All wrong.

Olympics. Pfffftt.

Knowing mookie's "preferences", I want the mook's take on the NoKor cheer squad and Kim Jong Un's sister.

Or is mookie < ahem > "indisposed" at the mere mention.
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Ouch! Big mistake.

At first I couldn't remember where I'd heard his name before, and then it came to me that I had to read his book The Age of the Unthinkable for a graduate course several years ago.

Comment

How many Trumpies won't recognize Mirai Nagasu because of, you know, reasons?

Comment

I had no idea that the Russians weren’t even allowed to wear their colors.

Good.
                          Code:

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Ouch! Big mistake.

At first I couldn't remember where I'd heard his name before, and then it came to me that I had to read his book The Age of the Unthinkable for a graduate course several years ago.
                            This guy is supposed to be an expert on Asia (which is why NBC brought him in) and he says something this clueless?!
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              I had no idea that the Russians weren’t even allowed to wear their colors.

Good.
                              And their national anthem can never be played. And if any Russian athlete so much as attempts to display their national colors in any way or form, they can be disqualified.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Deadspin men's hockey preview.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X