This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

Not sure. You should probably check in on the BC thread. They’d probably have more info. Cuz, you know, he’s a BC player. I am still curious about how he’s related to Lindsay, though.

Comment

Disappointing tie, felt like BU gave UMass a point there.

Harper (illness) ruled out for Monday per DFP.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Not sure. You should probably check in on the BC thread. They’d probably have more info. Cuz, you know, he’s a BC player. I am still curious about how he’s related to Lindsay, though.
        OOPS...Sorry. My bad.
        The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

GQ just can't get his guys to play a full game...it looked like BU was happy dominating that game and thought 3 goals would be more than enough. They must have gone to Cane's in the 2nd intermission for their free chicken.

The conspiracy theorist in me desperately wants to believe that GQ knows how terrible we've been at home this season and is angling for a #5 seed so we don't have to play at home in the HEQF.

Comment

• Originally posted by bu98 View Post
            GQ just can't get his guys to play a full game...it looked like BU was happy dominating that game and thought 3 goals would be more than enough. They must have gone to Cane's in the 2nd intermission for their free chicken.

The conspiracy theorist in me desperately wants to believe that GQ knows how terrible we've been at home this season and is angling for a #5 seed so we don't have to play at home in the HEQF.
            Ha! I’m good with this.

Comment

Originally posted by bu98 View Post

mookie has never set foot in the cain's across from the rink, but DO HAVE A STEADY 'ONCE A WEEK' MEETING TO GET HIS CAINIACS COMBO HERE AT THE AVENUES MALL!!!!

that is some good chicken, dammit!! fries are good. sauce is good. cole slaw is good.

only complaint is the price they trick you here with the pricey currency. mookie pays 3.95 and thinks it is a bargin
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                hmmm

according to the box score, that top line was -5
                the other 3 lines (of which mookie is going to assume bu's are (should) be more talented) were +3, +3, +2
                Yeah. Every time a bad goal gets scored on us at the other end of the ice, I look down and see Ty Amonte standing around at the top of the crease with his stick up in the air. He just can't seem to figure it out.

And yeah, UMass is not good. Being a step up from awful isn't an excuse for BU not winning that game.

Comment

Last night was a point lost, not one gained against a very pedestrian UMass team. They have some good freshmen, but overall are not very good.

I remain concerned about BU's lack of motivation, and lack of any fire on the bench.
                  The Terriers were awful in the second period against Harvard in the Beanpot. And again in the third period against the Minutemen. Why do they take entire periods off?

BU had to think the game was over after two periods last night. No emotion and no push after playing two good periods.
                  And no fire or emotion on the bench.

If the coaches talk at all, it is almost always to each other.
                  Do they expect that the players will always be self-motivated?

When it was obvious they were listless, why didn't Quinn take a time out.

I have heard that can be pointed in the locker room. A little of that on the bench, at least occasionally, would be different and welcomed. Players and fans would get behind him.

Quinn doesn't need to be Parker. But showing some life on the bench wouldn't hurt, either.

If they take a period off against Northeastern, it is going to be a very long night.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                    Last night was a point lost, not one gained against a very pedestrian UMass team. They have some good freshmen, but overall are not very good.

I remain concerned about BU's lack of motivation, and lack of any fire on the bench.
                    The Terriers were awful in the second period against Harvard in the Beanpot. And again in the third period against the Minutemen. Why do they take entire periods off?

BU had to think the game was over after two periods last night. No emotion and no push after playing two good periods.
                    And no fire or emotion on the bench.

If the coaches talk at all, it is almost always to each other.
                    Do they expect that the players will always be self-motivated?

When it was obvious they were listless, why didn't Quinn take a time out.

I have heard that can be pointed in the locker room. A little of that on the bench, at least occasionally, would be different and welcomed. Players and fans would get behind him.

Quinn doesn't need to be Parker. But showing some life on the bench wouldn't hurt, either.

If they take a period off against Northeastern, it is going to be a very long night.
                    Dead right on all counts. I sometimes wonder if DQ still thinks he's in the NHL. The rah-rah stuff doesn't work when you play 100 games a year, but the seeming lack of emotion on this team is baffling. Young players have to be reinforced and encouraged. Just because they have a lot of future pros doesn't mean they are pros NOW.

Comment

You know what? I think the lads learned an important lesson Friday night. It’s preferable to take the 2nd period off. Hopefully, they’ll go back to their phoned in 2nd periods tomorrow night.

It Happened!!!!

Comment

BU sneaks back into the USCHO poll at #20.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                          BU sneaks back into the USCHO poll at #20.
                          WHY NOW???? We're totally going to lose tonight now. And really? Even with coughing up a sure victory on Friday??

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            WHY NOW???? We're totally going to lose tonight now. And really? Even with coughing up a sure victory on Friday??
                            not having lost a gm in your last 9 or 10 outings may have something to do with it.
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              Even with coughing up a sure victory on Friday??
                              I'm not sure mid-game win probability factors into the rankings, but I have been wrong before.

Comment

That went exactly as I thought it would. On to Connecticut.
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X