Starting Dates for Training Camps 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Dates for Training Camps 2019

I have seen chatter about players returning to campus already for some of the teams while others seem to be waiting until much later. I am familiar with Junior hockey where the league prescribes the earliest date that a team can begin training. Most of the Div I teams have kids from all over North America and beyond, so I would presume that they want to let the kids do their summer training at home and show up to "Fall Camp" ready to go?

Maybe we can use this thread to list when each team has players arriving on campus to start training as a team? I wonder if there is some correlation between the date that they start camp and the results in the first month of the season? Just another way to keep the best sport relevant in the summer.

Re: Starting Dates for Training Camps 2019

The first day of allowed official practice is generally October 1st. Everything else is "voluntary". The NU incoming freshmen have been enrolled and in class all summer.

Comment

UW already had a few practices, courtesy of some international exhibitions that we have to kick off the season.

https://twitter.com/toddmilewski/sta...62891704999945
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        UW already had a few practices, courtesy of some international exhibitions that we have to kick off the season.
        Since when is a trip to Vancouver an "international" game? That rule should be for a trip to another continent. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
          The first day of allowed official practice is generally October 1st. Everything else is "voluntary". The NU incoming freshmen have been enrolled and in class all summer.
          What is the thinking behind the NC$$ decree that “official” practice cannot start prior to October 1? I can’t think of another collegiate sport where practice begins within one week of the regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
            What is the thinking behind the NC$$ decree that “official” practice cannot start prior to October 1? I can’t think of another collegiate sport where practice begins within one week of the regular season.
            How many other sports have a season that is 6 months long?
            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
              NCAA baseball is just 14 days usually...
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Yale opens practice on October 11.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

https://youtu.be/eGDBR2L5kzI

🤣
                  Carry on
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X