Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    GM week is coming up (not this upcoming week, but the one after), and that's usually the rain location for a lot of the festivities. Also, it's possible there are other events.
    Isn't there a concert coming up? I vaguely remember seeing a poster at one of the games a month or two back. It made an impression on me because it had been a while since I'd seen anything about concerts at the FH.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      Alex Rodriguez signs ATO with Norfolk of ECHL. Great year at Augsburg....26 games, 21 goals, 19a.....https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...alex-rodriguez
      1st pro point in 1st game. That would be on Jake Wood’s goal........ 4 - 2 6 3rd NOR 6:51 J. Wood (14) Alex Rodrigeuz, M. McMorrow
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Today is 16 March 2019. There are 203 days (29 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-01-2019, 12:43 PM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          Seems like he's got some upside...hopefully we found a kid whose skill set is still on the rise. Hopefully he can skate a bit. Nice balance of G/A....with 83 PIM... Skill, great size AND grit?? Dr.D will be happy!
          Wicked: You know me so well. Too often we get boys who are of good size (but play smaller). I would love a few that you can hear when they hit someone. Perhaps the last one to be able to make that kind of noise was Luke Curadi. he may not have been adept at all things on the ice but at least the opponents had to know he was out there. Others have noted that this year we just lost far too many puck battles and got pushed off the puck far too easily.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
            Isn't there a concert coming up? I vaguely remember seeing a poster at one of the games a month or two back. It made an impression on me because it had been a while since I'd seen anything about concerts at the FH.
            Yes. There is a concert on 3/26.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              Yes. There is a concert on 3/26.
              Ya probly better attendance than our last home weekend . Also maybe do better promotional nights like valley cats do and add a food stand like Moe’s for options for dinner at the game.
              Ask brenden whittet how to win playoff series
              I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                If he has a +/- rating, take out the goals (assume a percentage based on the team's PP%). What's left?

If he's scoring that much and rated low, either he's a big fish in a small pond, or he only knows how to play on that side of the centre line.
                I doubt he is an offense only player. His first year in Brooks he wasn’t much of a scorer. Guys like that who don’t play defense usually aren’t invited back.

He could, of course, be a one year scoring wonder. We’ve all seen guys have a great season that they can never reproduce.

However, I’m hoping that he’s a kid that had the skills but is a bit of a late bloomer in putting them all together. He could have been carried along a bit by his teammates on a dominant team, but to score that many goals, talented line mates or not, you have to put yourself in the right places. We could use that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                  Ya probly better attendance than our last home weekend . Also maybe do better promotional nights like valley cats do and add a food stand like Moe’s for options for dinner at the game.
                  Ask brenden whittet how to win playoff series
                  You should e-mail the marketing folks at RPI your ideas.
                  Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                    I doubt he is an offense only player. His first year in Brooks he wasn’t much of a scorer. Guys like that who don’t play defense usually aren’t invited back.

He could, of course, be a one year scoring wonder. We’ve all seen guys have a great season that they can never reproduce.

However, I’m hoping that he’s a kid that had the skills but is a bit of a late bloomer in putting them all together. He could have been carried along a bit by his teammates on a dominant team, but to score that many goals, talented line mates or not, you have to put yourself in the right places. We could use that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

When does word start to get out that players are leaving/signing pro contract. Last year I think all three seniors signed fairly quick after season ended, in like a day or two. As for players leaving, I thought individual meetings would have been concluded and players either were staying or moving on. Maybe Riley and Hayhurst aren't going to leave??? If that is the case and if he keeps everyone, continues to build and gets some to play the team game.......could be the start to something beautiful or at least less homely.

Comment

Originally posted by capswon View Post
                        When does word start to get out that players are leaving/signing pro contract. Last year I think all three seniors signed fairly quick after season ended, in like a day or two. As for players leaving, I thought individual meetings would have been concluded and players either were staying or moving on. Maybe Riley and Hayhurst aren't going to leave??? If that is the case and if he keeps everyone, continues to build and gets some to play the team game.......could be the start to something beautiful or at least less homely.
                        It could be immediately or it could be over the summer, jut hopefully Smith knows and doesn't think that there is a wedding.

Every time that turk posts on this thread, I get heart palpitations.
                        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-16-2019, 05:32 PM.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 17 March 2019. There are 202 days until RPI's next game.

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-01-2019, 12:43 PM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Wicked: You know me so well. Too often we get boys who are of good size (but play smaller). I would love a few that you can hear when they hit someone. Perhaps the last one to be able to make that kind of noise was Luke Curadi. he may not have been adept at all things on the ice but at least the opponents had to know he was out there. Others have noted that this year we just lost far too many puck battles and got pushed off the puck far too easily.
                            Doc, ten years ago I would have agreed with you. Nobody loves a good check into the boards than me. However, Every time you hear a check into the boards, the referee blows his whistle and calls boarding. Or worse.
                            The game has lost a lot when it comes to body checking, but I understand the need for player safety. I just think that we have taken it to the extreme.
                            We have been terrible on puck battles. We need to be stronger on our skates and sticks.
                            I still think that we are headed in the right direction.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                              I still think that we are headed in the right direction.
                              I agree, but a this rate, we won't get there in DrD and my lifetimes.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                Today is 18 March 2019. There are 209 days until RPI's next game.

Ralph, you skipped a day somewhere, today's the 17th.

Comment

Working...
                                X