X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

Really.
    Ebert was the best at rating movies for what they were.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Ebert was the best at rating movies for what they were.
      Yes, he was. He knew something like "Taken" wasn't going for any "film community" awards, and would rate it as such.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Yes, he was. He knew something like "Taken" wasn't going for any "film community" awards, and would rate it as such.
        True dat.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Still better than that awful Godzilla film that came out a few years ago. (And by all accounts Kong Skull Island too)
          I have a soft spot for KSI. I watched it at about 2 am when I was at the very lowest point of an acute case of bronchitis, could not sleep from the racking cough, and felt like sh-t, and that movie was comfortable like chicken soup.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I know Jiro is a favorite documentary on Netflix to many, but I still think Valley Uprising is my personal favorite.

Highly recommended to everyone.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Dwayne Johnson movie quiz:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/articl...a-1110645a7d04
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Walking Tall is with Walken, right? Because that sh* is pure mindless entertainment.
                No, that movie is The Rundown, with the Rock, Walken as the bad guy, and Sean William "STIFLER" Scott as the second half of the good-guys buddy duo.

ETA: Walking Tall is the Rock as an army vet coming home after medical discharge (knee). He then finds that his hometown is rundown due to the sawmill owners turning corrupt (Lt. Buck Compton from Band of Brothers).
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  No, that movie is The Rundown, with the Rock, Walken as the bad guy, and Sean William "STIFLER" Scott as the second half of the good-guys buddy duo.

ETA: Walking Tall is the Rock as an army vet coming home after medical discharge (knee). He then finds that his hometown is rundown due to the sawmill owners turning corrupt (Lt. Buck Compton from Band of Brothers).
                  Thaaaaat's right. My bad. For some reason, I keep getting those titles mixed up. "The Rundown" is pure popcorn fun. I really enjoy that movie.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

In case you were wondering, the Blockbuster here in Anchorage has decided to accept John Oliver’s offer of Russel Crowe’s leather jock strap.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Thaaaaat's right. My bad. For some reason, I keep getting those titles mixed up. "The Rundown" is pure popcorn fun. I really enjoy that movie.
                      Great movie. My nomination to the mindless fun catagory is Tron Legacy. The more you pay attention to the plot the more annoying the movie is, but if you sit back and enjoy the FX and the Daft Punk soundtrack... awesome. Love the light cycle battle in that one.

Comment

New Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom trailer... Basically Lost World 2.0 but with military instead of a new theme park... Not feeling full price on this one, and even $5 Tuesdays seem like a stretch here... What am I missing???
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                          New Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom trailer... Basically Lost World 2.0 but with military instead of a new theme park... Not feeling full price on this one, and even $5 Tuesdays seem like a stretch here... What am I missing???
                          Free with MoviePass or Sinemia. I still wouldn't waste my time though. It looks like ****.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                            Free with MoviePass or Sinemia. I still wouldn't waste my time though. It looks like ****.
                            Agreed but it will make a billion just like the last piece of dreck did. And a third one is coming as well...
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Agreed but it will make a billion just like the last piece of dreck did. And a third one is coming as well...
                              Yep. Just like The Terminator and other franchises, Hollywood will squeeze out as many sequels as possible before the last dollar of profit is wrung from the decayed carcass of the original.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                                Also seems to riff on Aliens...I half expect a character to lose. It and shout “game over man game over!!”

In retrospect if Hollywood HAD to reboot this series I I think they should have adhered to the spirit of Michael Crichton’s books/ideas
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X