X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    Good morning Lodge.

Work is having themed days all week. Monday was ugly sweater, today is holiday headwear. Tomorrow is dress up as your favorite Christmas character (Halloween in December). I'm strongly considering wearing all gray and saying I'm a Festivus pole. However, I'm not sure if anyone will get it.
    OMG you totally need to do that!

Comment

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 199 - Dumb Poll of the Month

A lady I saw in the break room a few minutes ago was wearing a Xmas sweater; on the front was a 2D face of a reindeer (not horrible, but not great), and then she turned around and it was the 2D backside of the reindeer. Pretty funny, for a work-permissible sweater.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        A lady I saw in the break room a few minutes ago was wearing a Xmas sweater; on the front was a 2D face of a reindeer (not horrible, but not great), and then she turned around and it was the 2D backside of the reindeer. Pretty funny, for a work-permissible sweater.
        She better not wear that in Wisconsin!
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
          She better not wear that in Wisconsin!
          Meh. It's fine as long as the image is of a reindeer that's alive.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            Meh. It's fine as long as the image is of a reindeer that's alive.
            Its eyes are open.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

You guys are a hoot! Good Afternoon Lodge!

Comment

Afternoon lodge. Thanks for the comical break.
                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

My "ugly" Christmas sweater says "May all your Christmases Bea White" with pics of Bea Arthur and Betty White. I proudly wear it.
                  I do also have a t-shirt of Bill Murray in a Christmas hat. Some of you will recognize that as a Chive shirt.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Hey Lodge. So, Dad's in a rehab facility. He was having chest pains last night, which has bothered him in addition to his back. It got worse last night, mom called 911. Because of his age and the fact that he had chest pain, they wound up admitting him. His heart is fine. His blood pressure skyrocketed. I think that was mostly due to nerves, anxiety, etc. They got that under control. They looked into his back, said he has compression disease syndrome. Not sure what that means.

They said they wanted him to go to rehab to help his back. Found a place close by, they transferred him around 6pm. My mom and brother were with him. The nurse got him out of bed, where he had been all day and night, to go weigh him, got him into a wheelchair, and his back started hurting him again. He'd been fine all day but he was in bed. It was really bad, and my mom said he wanted to go home. They hated leaving him. My mom is exhausted. I feel awful. They didn't call me till today. I have two doctor appointments tomorrow and will head up there afterwards. He's going to be in the through Christmas. I don't know how he's going to get through it. I hope they're able to help him. Please think happy thoughts for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Hey Lodge. So, Dad's in a rehab facility. He was having chest pains last night, which has bothered him in addition to his back. It got worse last night, mom called 911. Because of his age and the fact that he had chest pain, they wound up admitting him. His heart is fine. His blood pressure skyrocketed. I think that was mostly due to nerves, anxiety, etc. They got that under control. They looked into his back, said he has compression disease syndrome. Not sure what that means.

They said they wanted him to go to rehab to help his back. Found a place close by, they transferred him around 6pm. My mom and brother were with him. The nurse got him out of bed, where he had been all day and night, to go weigh him, got him into a wheelchair, and his back started hurting him again. He'd been fine all day but he was in bed. It was really bad, and my mom said he wanted to go home. They hated leaving him. My mom is exhausted. I feel awful. They didn't call me till today. I have two doctor appointments tomorrow and will head up there afterwards. He's going to be in the through Christmas. I don't know how he's going to get through it. I hope they're able to help him. Please think happy thoughts for him.

Clarification here, is that similar to what Mick Mars (Motley Crue) has? He has Ankylosing spondylitis, which majorly messes up the back (and other things).
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Watching Dawson Family Feud on Twitch. Question was "name a word like "playboy" for a man who romances a lot of women."

"Lothario" got me automodded.
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                          Watching Dawson Family Feud on Twitch. Question was "name a word like "playboy" for a man who romances a lot of women."

That is a great forgotten word.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

Lothario, letch, womanizer, manwhore (is slang, but should count), philanderer, Casanova...

Comment

s'upp y'all

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Lothario, letch, womanizer, manwhore (is slang, but should count), philanderer, Casanova...
                              tsk tsk tsk
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X