Merrimack College new look Warriors 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merrimack College new look Warriors 2019-2020

Schedule has just dropped: https://merrimackathletics.com/sched...x?schedule=289

Some interesting matchups including Minn Duluth.

Obviously a huge amount of turnover with what, 16 new players? This will be a real make or break year for Scotty Bo I imagine.

Re: Merrimack College new look Warriors 2019-2020

Can we trade schedules? We’ll throw in a 24 year old freshman?
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
      Schedule has just dropped: https://merrimackathletics.com/sched...x?schedule=289

Some interesting matchups including Minn Duluth.

Obviously a huge amount of turnover with what, 16 new players? This will be a real make or break year for Scotty Bo I imagine.
      Hope to get there when they play the Bulldogs! Not sure I'd term it "make or break". Have to see some progress vs. last year's train wreck, but remember, Borek was working with a pretty bare cupboard. I suppose there is no place to go but up. At the very least, be entertaining!!
      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
        Hope to get there when they play the Bulldogs! Not sure I'd term it "make or break". Have to see some progress vs. last year's train wreck, but remember, Borek was working with a pretty bare cupboard. I suppose there is no place to go but up. At the very least, be entertaining!!
        Can't expect more from them but the experience will surely a great teacher for them.

Comment

Good luck to Craig Pantano grad transferring to Northeastern.

I see that one of our incoming goalie commits opted to return to the juniors as well, so they found someone else to bring in.

Comment

Merrimack College new look Warriors 2019-2020

Domestic charges against AVUS. Not a good look. Let’s hope whatever the right response ends up being, Borek does it

On a positive note, real nice D1 debut by the football squad!

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
              Domestic charges against AVUS. Not a good look. Let’s hope whatever the right response ends up being, Borek does it

On a positive note, real nice D1 debut by the football squad!
              Jesus, that is awful. School should have zero tolerance. If it is true he should get kicked out of school not just the team.
              Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
                Jesus, that is awful. School should have zero tolerance. If it is true he should get kicked out of school not just the team.
                Just read the story. Yup, that's gonna be an open roster spot. When your teammates are warning the police to "be careful", that says volumes.
                Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                  Just read the story. Yup, that's gonna be an open roster spot. When your teammates are warning the police to "be careful", that says volumes.
                  Totally agree you can't have that on your team. Makes me wonder, if teammates said "be careful" and knew he was a psycho, why wasn't he one of the many cuts last year? He had 1 goal. If you are going to cut guys for not performing, cutting a not performing a hole seems like a no brainer.
                  Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Totally agree you can't have that on your team. Makes me wonder, if teammates said "be careful" and knew he was a psycho, why wasn't he one of the many cuts last year? He had 1 goal. If you are going to cut guys for not performing, cutting a not performing a hole seems like a no brainer.
                    I believe AVUS was Borek's very first recruit after he took the helm. That would be a bad look, not confidence-inducing cut IMO. Unfortunately for him, Borek just kicked the can down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                      I believe AVUS was Borek's very first recruit after he took the helm. That would be a bad look, not confidence-inducing cut IMO. Unfortunately for him, Borek just kicked the can down the road.
                      I guess that is a good point but he did cut some of his recruits like Simeone I know was brought on after Borek took over.
                      Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

I guess that is a good point but he did cut some of his recruits like Simeone I know was brought on after Borek took over.
                        Correct you are, per the attached it appears Simeone was Borek's 4th commit:

https://www.themackreport.com/news/c...for-this-fall/

Looks like Borek recruit #2 Evan McIntyre might also be at risk per the below tweet, so not a good track record for Borek in the early going:

https://***********/herbst20/status/1170136405630234624

The good news is that with an incoming class of what, 18? things are bound to even out.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                          Looks like Borek recruit #2 Evan McIntyre might also be at risk per the below tweet, so not a good track record for Borek in the early going.
                          The Heisenberg site has McIntyre crossed off.
                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1466169803

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                            The Heisenberg site has McIntyre crossed off.
                            https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1466169803

Comment

https://www.themackreport.com/news/m...-neutral-zone/

That seems promising

Comment

Working...
                              X