X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    A person is responsible for their own happiness.
    If only that were true, and if only you felt that when your oxe was being gored.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      joe's got a point, Miss Thundercat. If he and his self-righteous mob are bigoted sh-ts to you that's your problem. You didn't have to consider your dignity important. You didn't have to feel worried about your physical safety in the presence of people who are vocally and violently opposed to your very essence.

joe in 1935: "The Jews really have only themselves to blame. Nobody made them be Jews, and besides, it's up to them whether politics makes them unhappy. I don't see how the Nazis are responsible at all if they feel anxiety."
      Kepler, joe, I don't go out alone any more. There's always the chance something will happen, and I want someone with me in case it does. I'm faced with the reality of learning self-defense so I can fight back in case I am alone.

joe, I've listened to my aunt disown me. I listened to my ex-best friend say I was confused. I've listened to cis women at my job say I make them feel uncomfortable in the bathroom. I listened to my coworkers mock me for wearing a skirt. More than that. You're saying I'm not allowed to be hurt. That I'm not allowed to feel anything other than forced happiness. I ask my allies to listen, but you, a cisgender heterosexual, think you should have the final say on what's offensive and what's not. I'm telling you that's not the case.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

He can't hear you.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          He wont hear you.
          FTFY.

He is too busy listening to the words of Jesus. To be bad he isnt understanding the words or he would definitely sing a different tune. (he also wouldnt be right wing)
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            Kepler, joe, I don't go out alone any more. There's always the chance something will happen, and I want someone with me in case it does. I'm faced with the reality of learning self-defense so I can fight back in case I am alone.

joe, I've listened to my aunt disown me. I listened to my ex-best friend say I was confused. I've listened to cis women at my job say I make them feel uncomfortable in the bathroom. I listened to my coworkers mock me for wearing a skirt. More than that. You're saying I'm not allowed to be hurt. That I'm not allowed to feel anything other than forced happiness. I ask my allies to listen, but you, a cisgender heterosexual, think you should have the final say on what's offensive and what's not. I'm telling you that's not the case.
            No - hurt <> !happiness. You can be miserable when people treat you like dirt, or you can be happy that you're you.

The point being, don't wallow in misery. You have a life to lead as Amber. Be her under your terms, not what others expect you/her to be.

About your detractors. They see you as XY and can't wrap there heads around trans. To them, it ain't natural. You were born XY and you should always be Male. Be understanding. They have no clue that while your genes are XY, your brain isn't and you are much happier as Amber.

If they come around, it will because you are their window into the trans world and are a regular human being, You don't froth at the mouth, don't invite 12 year old girls to a topless swim party and act as a regular women. You're "normal" and they'll think of you as a woman first not a trans.
            Last edited by joecct; 07-23-2019, 10:46 AM.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              FTFY.

He is too busy listening to the words of Jesus. To be bad he isnt understanding the words or he would definitely sing a different tune. (he also wouldnt be right wing)
              It's so unfortunate that so many substitute Flag and Military Might for ideals and principals and/or substitute religious doctrine for philosophy. Same dynamic, I think, and both are usually seen in the same person.

Comment

joe, things happen. I was hurt when my aunt disowned me. I was hurt when my family pushed me off to the side while saying they supported me. I was hurt when my ex-best friend started saying a whole bunch of homophobic and transphobic things in my direction. I had to cut her out, and it hurt. It felt like I experienced death. It was loss and I experienced grief. It still hurts in some ways.

In today's society, all I'm saying and will keep saying is that cisgender heterosexual males don't get to decide if what they say or do is hurtful to me. Someone left bullet holes in the windows at Out On the Lakeshore and I had anxiety for a few days.

You know, I liken this to having mental illness (I have depression, etc). Right now, I'm hearing "but only if you would go outside and do yoga and drink green juice" from joe.
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

I can't vouch for the green juice, but I would recommend staying away from the yellow snow.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    I can't vouch for the green juice, but I would recommend staying away from the yellow snow.
                    That's obvious!

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      Do you also watch out for where the huskies go?
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

[QUOTE=Kepler;6825283]Pragmatic rebuttal:

I'm sure you'll admit the Dems have many, many issues. The question then is why you believe they are "focused" on sexuality. I propose it's because you find their stance on sexuality to be problematic in some way: it bugs you. So what you are saying is "don't talk about the thing that bugs me." [Quote]

No.

You have missed the point while preaching to the choir here.

Mine was that there are much bigger fish to fry than silly issues such as "who goes where". (Yes, that's a BR reference.) Our very existence as a democracy is at stake in 2020. Imagine what Trump will do with 4 more years at his disposal.

And, if the Dems choose to make sexuality -in any form- a central plank in their platform, it's at their peril.

Take that to the bank.
                        Last edited by Fishman'81; 07-23-2019, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Who the fark says they're making it a central plank? Show us where on official DNC websites, or candidates' websites, it's a front-and-center issue.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Who the fark says they're making it a central plank? Show us where on official DNC websites, or candidates' websites, it's a front-and-center issue.
                            I didn't say that, but that possibility certainly exists, and the Dems were owning that sort of silly issue a few years ago. How did that work out for them? They couldn't even beat a moron such as Trump. Case closed on that strategy.

Tell ya what: post your 31,939th comment to someone else. Please and thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                              I didn't say that, but that possibility certainly exists, and the Dems were owning that sort of silly issue a few years ago. How did that work out for them? They couldn't even beat a moron such as Trump. Case closed on that strategy.

Tell ya what: post your 31,939th comment to someone else. Please and thank you.
                              Using post count in an argument: Fishy Fish, you have now lost the argument. Them's the rules.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

You made the claim it's a "central plank" of the party platform, so I asked for the evidence. Looks like you can't provide any, so you go for the ad hom. My work here is done.

Comment

Working...
                                X