This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

Klobuchar plays up the "Awe Shucks" card very well. It has worked for years here in Minnesota despite her antics. (which I have seen first hand) Plus, for the most part, she is on point when it matters she just doesnt handle things well behind the scenes so it is often forgiven. She can also suck up to the media with the best of them.

Sanders is grouchy even on friendly TV shows with hosts that love him.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I think the Klobuchar thing was glossed over because she never has been a front runner. Who cares about someone that doesn’t poll above 3%?
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        BTW I googled this story...not much out there. But if you type a search for "Biden Nurses" you get articles of him praising nurses, especially hospice ones going back quite a bit of ways. Once again the outrage is all on twitter it would seem.
        Years ago I worked in PA for the union I work for now. Bob Casey, current senior senator from PA, was running for PA Auditor General and wanted my union's support. He came to a meeting of the Union's Executive Board and was very impressive in front of those members, the ones elected by their co-workers to represent their interests. The Auditor General's office had a great deal of oversight of the nursing home industry in PA and the bulk of our members were in the nursing home industry. Casey was more supportive of unionized nursing home workers than any other politician I have been around, before or since, and generally had a great record when it came to organized labor. He told stories of how nursing home workers had cared for an elderly relative (his grandmother IIRC) as if they were part of her own family and recognized how hard they worked and for very little money. In short, there was no reason for our union to oppose him based on our members needs and his record as far as labor issues were concerned. But our union's staff leadership balked, because Casey, a devout and practicing Catholic, was not all the way over to the left shoulder about ready to fall off the cliff when it came to the abortion debate. Now mind you, he gets a passing grade from some abortion rights groups, supports over-the-counter sales of emergency contraception and opposed barring some federal grants to organizations that provide abortions. But because he personally felt that abortion was a bad CHOICE and would council people to make a DIFFERENT CHOICE, the leadership of my union questioned giving him our stamp of approval.

The left don't know how to get out of their own way sometimes, and we all pay for it by seeing people like trump and W elected. There is not a democrat running, anywhere and for any office, who is not preferable to their republican counterpart now, next year or for the next generation most likely. Yet there will be untold 1000s of supporters of each of the 23 democratic candidates now seeking the nomination of their party for president who DIDN'T win stay home from the election in November of 2020, or like spoiled children, hold their breath and vote for some ridiculous third party candidate. And because of voter suppression, outright republican theft of votes and the divided nature of our electorate they may throw the election to trump all over again.

Comment

Swallwell drops out. Good move

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Hopefully we'll see a lot of this. They got their 15 minutes and they get to keep whatever money their dopes invested in them. They can get a gig on CNN discussing the real candidates and do a lecture tour / book tour about it. Should be good to shuck the suckers of a couple mil.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I think he is just the beginning. No one wanted to be first but now they will take the plunge cause it is less embarrassing. If he stays in the House of Reps even better.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I think he is just the beginning. No one wanted to be first but now they will take the plunge cause it is less embarrassing. If he stays in the House of Reps even better.
                The coffee as-shole was the first to drop out.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  He said he “put campaign on hold” right? lol

Comment

He said he “put campaign on hold” right? lol
                    I thought they all did that now. If you suspend your campaign you get to keep the money, if you end it you have to give what's left back (I thought).
                    Cornell University

Comment

I thought they all did that now. If you suspend your campaign you get to keep the money, if you end it you have to give what's left back (I thought).
                      Close. Putting a hold on campaign you can still fundraiser, ending it you cant.
                      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                        Close. Putting a hold on campaign you can still fundraiser, ending it you cant.
                        Ah, I see. Either way you can steal what you've got but by suspending you can steal more. That's nice.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                          Years ago I worked in PA for the union I work for now. Bob Casey, current senior senator from PA, was running for PA Auditor General and wanted my union's support. He came to a meeting of the Union's Executive Board and was very impressive in front of those members, the ones elected by their co-workers to represent their interests. The Auditor General's office had a great deal of oversight of the nursing home industry in PA and the bulk of our members were in the nursing home industry. Casey was more supportive of unionized nursing home workers than any other politician I have been around, before or since, and generally had a great record when it came to organized labor. He told stories of how nursing home workers had cared for an elderly relative (his grandmother IIRC) as if they were part of her own family and recognized how hard they worked and for very little money. In short, there was no reason for our union to oppose him based on our members needs and his record as far as labor issues were concerned. But our union's staff leadership balked, because Casey, a devout and practicing Catholic, was not all the way over to the left shoulder about ready to fall off the cliff when it came to the abortion debate. Now mind you, he gets a passing grade from some abortion rights groups, supports over-the-counter sales of emergency contraception and opposed barring some federal grants to organizations that provide abortions. But because he personally felt that abortion was a bad CHOICE and would council people to make a DIFFERENT CHOICE, the leadership of my union questioned giving him our stamp of approval.

The left don't know how to get out of their own way sometimes, and we all pay for it by seeing people like trump and W elected. There is not a democrat running, anywhere and for any office, who is not preferable to their republican counterpart now, next year or for the next generation most likely. Yet there will be untold 1000s of supporters of each of the 23 democratic candidates now seeking the nomination of their party for president who DIDN'T win stay home from the election in November of 2020, or like spoiled children, hold their breath and vote for some ridiculous third party candidate. And because of voter suppression, outright republican theft of votes and the divided nature of our electorate they may throw the election to trump all over again.
                          The Democrats need to take all the memos like this one that have probably been written to their party leaders over the years and make them mandatory reading, on a monthly basis, for the candidate and his or her closest advisors.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

He doesnt count...even in a field filled with losers he didnt qualify. Even Yang was laughing at him
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

He doesnt count...even in a field filled with losers he didnt qualify. Even Yang was laughing at him
                              Exactly, Schultz was so boring and terrible he couldn't even get the Russian botskis to shill for him like Gabbard and Yang have.

And thank you Swalwell for dropping out, I might think of you as a bit less of a jerk going forward. Hopefully this triggers more exits this week.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Hopefully this triggers more exits this week.
                                Instead.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X