Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXII: No Where To Go But Up!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXII: No Where To Go But Up!

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
    I missed this 4 on 1, so I have a question. Were the other 4 players below the goal to cycle the puck around instead of maybe being in front of the net or in a position to score on a rebound like every other team in NCAA hockey?

All this talk about season tickets not being renewed, who will be left in the KC next season? I even ran into Phil a few series back and he is worn down.
    All 3 forwards were caught deep....if not all three actually below the goal line...definitely close. Puck turned over and our dman on the right point decided to try to pinch and got beat to the lose puck (rather easily and in that situation...your dman HAS to see he has no forward support coming back and can not pinch unless he is 1000% percent sure he will get to the puck first).
    Last edited by markwojo; 02-24-2015, 01:37 PM.

Comment

I'll be back with student tickets next year. Hopefully for the whole year. (I'm planning on graduating in December, so I could conceivably go elsewhere, but that would make a million things more complicated.)

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        He does the gals and the guys, that's a lot of running around. I'll take over if someone pays for the tickets (of the men's). I'm willing to go to every men's home game. Of course if I tried to bring Phil's signs in, they'd confiscate them.
        Phil has been to a majority of the women's games over the last couple of years, which has been really nice to see. He really adds to the game atmosphere. Needless to say, he gets to use the number cards a lot more at LaBahn than at Kohl Center.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          He does the gals and the guys, that's a lot of running around. I'll take over if someone pays for the tickets (of the men's). I'm willing to go to every men's home game. Of course if I tried to bring Phil's signs in, they'd confiscate them.
          I was told by a reliable source that Phil's signs now STAY at the Kohl Center; he can't bring them in and out anymore. He has to go somewhere and sign off for them each game and then bring them back.

He is a dangerous man after all: has the ability to get crowds to follow him.
          Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
          Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
          Originally posted by UWisco
          It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

I was told by a reliable source that Phil's signs now STAY at the Kohl Center; he can't bring them in and out anymore. He has to go somewhere and sign off for them each game and then bring them back.

He is a dangerous man after all: has the ability to get crowds to follow him.
            This doesn't surprise me. I hate having to open my coat to show the rent-a-security guys that I am not hiding something under my coat. Even my kids have too open theres and swing it open. What a joke, much like the team this year. A coat and a zippered fleece, open both. There not checking coats and pockets, so any one smart wont be hanging flasks, whatever from inside the coat, just put it in a pocket. They do less checking at a brewer game with 30k people.
            Last edited by WiscTJK; 02-24-2015, 02:59 PM.
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
              This doesn't surprise me. I hate having to open my coat to show the rent-a-security guys that I am not hiding something under my coat. Even my kids have too open theres and swing it open. What a joke, much like the team this year. A coat and a zippered fleece, open both. There not checking coats and pockets, so any one smart wont be hanging flasks, whatever from inside the coat, just put it in a pocket. They do less checking at a brewer game with 30k people.
              What's funny about the security, as a fan a job I actually want them to do is to keep people from going to their seats while the game is going. I always respect others by waiting, but a lot of people don't give a **** about anyone else and just wander to their seat right in the middle of the action. Funny they are so worried about what I might bring in, but not about the quality of my experience through simple measures. I think this depends upon the section you are in, but some of these security people are completely useless.

It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

What's funny about the security, as a fan a job I actually want them to do is to keep people from going to their seats while the game is going. I always respect others by waiting, but a lot of people don't give a **** about anyone else and just wander to their seat right in the middle of the action. Funny they are so worried about what I might bring in, but not about the quality of my experience through simple measures. I think this depends upon the section you are in, but some of these security people are completely useless.
                Agreed. I remember remarking how well the security at the Xcel handled people returning to their seats during the regional a few years back.
                In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. I have thought about bringing it up a few weeks earlier. The ushers/security are completely worthless. When I go to a game I don't want to keep standing up and sitting down because people can't hold their bladder or have to get a pretzel in the middle of a period or half. It's ridiculous.
                  WISCONSIN BADGERS
                  NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                  WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                  WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                  B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                  Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

I always wait at the top, even though the security don't stop you. Not surprisingly, people just push right past you down the stairs. At the Ralph in North Dakota, the security there held people till a stoppage which was nice.
                    Last edited by WiscTJK; 02-24-2015, 04:48 PM.
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                      When I go to a game I don't want to keep standing up and sitting down because people can't hold their bladder or have to get a pretzel in the middle of a period or half. It's ridiculous.

Wait... so people should never get up during a period or half?

I fully agree (and observe) that folks need to wait for a stoppage, but if you get that annoyed with people getting up, you'd probably be happier at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        Wait... so people should never get up during a period or half?

I fully agree (and observe) that folks need to wait for a stoppage, but if you get that annoyed with people getting up, you'd probably be happier at home.
                        I don't have an issue w/ people moving about during the period, just NOT while the game is going on. If people were smart (which is generally asking a lot) they would wait until the regular TV timeouts where there is going to be a solid amount of time the game is stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                          I love this, adding it to my signature for the rest of the season!

Comment

$63,000 a year for a suite and yet there's not one brand of scotch available any civilized person would drink.

What the ****, Barry?!
                            Originally posted by WiscTJK
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              $63,000 a year for a suite and yet there's not one brand of scotch available any civilized person would drink.

What the ****, Barry?!

The liquor selections in the suite are an embarrassment. Without question.

Comment

• People moving around during the action is an annoyance at MSU as well. The worst is when you get some turd who does not understand how sections and rows work so they stand in your line of site for about 15 seconds while helplessly looking around for their seats.

Comment

Working...
                                X