X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason Thread

Another new addition on the way.
    Now I just need a Rangers jersey to get caught up...
    Ryan J

Chicago Blackhawks 2010-11 Alternate #32 John Scott
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
      The gold jerseys are out.
      On the downside, this means it will be another couple years before I lobby again for a copper metallic/dazzle jersey for the alt design.
      Ryan J

****** src="http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net/temp/MTU-Alternate.pdf" width="906" height="700">

Comment

Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd. Thanks for your excellent write up in the Tech Hockey Guide.
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd. Thanks for your excellent write up in the Tech Hockey Guide.

They don't have tArrogance.

Just giving you a little ribbing. See y'all in October.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
            I hope you realize that posting something like that is going to get you "signaturized" for at least one season, minimum.

Ryan J

Comment

John Scott will be joining the Buffalo Sabres. One year, $600k.
              Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 07-01-2012, 08:59 PM.

Comment

If Ryan J keeps collecting Scott's jerseys, he's either going to be broke or have one of every jersey.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  If Ryan J keeps collecting Scott's jerseys, he's either going to be broke or have one of every jersey.
                  If he ever comes across one (since I trust him more than the hawks on ebay/etc) A Scott jersey would be awesome to own.

MN being MN, yeah, my budget couldn't cover that in any situation.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    John Scott will be joining the Buffalo Sabres. One year, $600k.
                    yeah! good for John!
                    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

I am happy for John Scott, but how frustrated must Chris Conner be by now.

I hope he signs with a lower level team that will finally give him a chance to play 82 games in the NHL.

It will be interesting to see where he signs this year. If with the Wings, he may be giving up hope on making he show regularly.

As for the Wings moves yesterday, YUCK!

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post

I hope he signs with a lower level team that will finally give him a chance to play 82 games in the NHL.

It will be interesting to see where he signs this year. If with the Wings, he may be giving up hope on making he show regularly.

Yeah, really goes to show you what NHL teams value... size + no skill or no size + skill
                        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post

The problem for Conner is that he is pretty limited in where he can play. He doesn't score enough at the NHL level to play and the first or second line and doesn't have the size to play on a checking line. He's a depth guy. 4th line sometimes, suit and tie sometimes and AHL sometimes. Nothing against Chris personally. I really enjoyed watching him play for Tech, but that's about where he stands in the NHL.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            That is the fun (and budget draining) part of journeyman pro hockey players... A lot of variety for the collection, but you go broke. Sutton alone will cause me to work a few years past my planned retirement age and Conner is even "worse" if having more jerseys is a bad thing. I'm going to a collectors show out East in a couple weeks and Steiner Sports (who handles the Rangers) will be there so the hole might get even deeper if they have one with nice wear.

Ryan J

Comment

While I may make fun of the goon, and not like any of the jerseys pictured , I love seeing collections like that, especially someone who actually cares about collecting and isn't about flipping the jerseys for a profit.

You could likely outfit the whole misfits section or invasion gang in MTU and MTU alumni sweaters.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Chris Conner continues his journey around the NHL by signing with Phoenix.
                                Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                                What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Working...
                                X