Pro Contract Signings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pro Contract Signings

Cole Schneider from UConn to Ottawa.....
    I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

You guys are great for putting up this info. Thank You. I love this stuff.
      Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
        Vermont's Sebastian Stalberg will forgo his senior year and sign with the Sharks. I'd imagine he will get assigned to Worcester.
        Hard to blame him there after this season's team performance for UVM.

Comment

Former Beaver defenseman Brad Hunt has signed with the Chicago Wolves of the AHL.
          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

YALE HOCKEY: Bulldogs captain Brian O'Neill signs with Los Angeles Kings

NEW HAVEN -- Brian O'Neill, who finished his Yale hockey career second on the school's all-time scoring list, signed a one-year NHL contract with the Los Angeles Kings on Wednesday. He reported to the team's American Hockey League affiliate in Manchester, N.H., and will make his pro debut at St. John's (Newfoundland) this weekend.

Sources told the Register O'Neill signed a two-way contract that will pay him the maximum signing bonus and AHL salary for rookies under the NHL's collective bargaining agreement. If he is recalled by the Kings, he would receive a yet-to-be-determined NHL salary.

Several NHL teams showed interest in O'Neill, who at 5 feet 8 and 165 pounds scored 21 goals and 25 assists to lead the Bulldogs in scoring for the third straight season. But the Kings made am impression on him last summer, offering a contract similar to the one he signed Wednesday. O'Neill turned that deal down to return to Yale. The team followed him closely throughout the season and made an offer on Monday night, just 24 hours after Harvard ended the Bulldogs' season in the ECAC Hockey quarterfinals.

O'Neill is expected to contribute right away in Manchester, a team in need of scoring and depth at forward. He will return to the state for the Monarchs' games at Bridgeport on April 1 and at the Connecticut Whale on April 6.

Earlier this week, Yale coach Keith Allain said he could argue O'Neill is the best player to ever play at the school based on his offensive numbers -- his 163 career points is second only to two-time Hobey Baker Award finalist Jeff Hamilton -- and what the Bulldogs achieved during his tenure. O'Neill played on two ECAC Hockey tournament and one regular-season championship team as Yale made three straight trips to the NCAA tournament after only two previous appearances in school history. He was the leading scorer as a sophomore and junior as the Bulldogs came within one win of reaching the Frozen Four before losing to eventual national champions Boston College (2010) and Minnesota-Duluth (2011).

A native of Yardley, Pa., O'Neill, 23, was named team captain prior to this season. Yale failed to reach the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2008, but O'Neill was among the nation's top scorers and the Ivy League Player of the Year.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
              SLU has had 3 seniors sign ECHL deals that I can find on echl's site. Mark Armstrong (F) to Trenton, Pete Child (D) to Wheeling, and Jake Drewiske (F) to Gwinnett. I thought I saw on twitter that Robby Moss (G) had gone to play for Las Vegas, but I can't find anything to confirm that.
              here ya go regarding Moss....http://www.echl.com/echl-transactions-march-15-p176616
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Scott Zurevinski, a senior at Quinnipiac, will sign a contract with St. John’s (Newfoundland), the American Hockey League affiliate of the Winnipeg Jets
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Former Beaver Shea Walters as he has signed with the South Carolina Stingrays of the ECHL.

http://www.bsubeavers.com/news/defau...lpsZ0.facebook
                  Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                  Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Former Beaver Jamie MacQueen has inked a contract with the Lake Erie Monsters of the AHL.

http://www.bsubeavers.com/news/default/142/5688/
                    Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Jason Zucker is down to a maximum 5 games left until he signs his contract. Personally, I hope it is two games the Wild could really use him healthy for next year.
                      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                        Jason Zucker is down to a maximum 5 games left until he signs his contract. Personally, I hope it is two games the Houston Aeros could really use him healthy for next year.
                        Nevertheless, I hope he plays five more. I will say, I don't have much hope of another season in Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                          Nevertheless, I hope he plays five more. I will say, I don't have much hope of another season in Denver.
                          I keep hearing around town the kid will sign a contract with the Wild, the question will be does he play in Houston this year or wait until training camp to see how he does.
                          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                            I keep hearing around town the kid will sign a contract with the Wild, the question will be does he play in Houston this year or wait until training camp to see how he does.
                            My honest guess is that he signs a contract the day after DU's last game, unless they win the NC, in which case he waits three or four days until he gets over his hangover. I suspect he finishes out the season with the Wild, because they suck, so why not give him an immediate chance. Then next year he goes to Wild camp, and probably gets cut and plays for Houston.

Edit: As much talk as there has been of Zucker going pro, in the time I have been following DU with more than a passing interest (since about 2000) I can only think of 2 guys who jumped straight from DU to the NHL and stuck. One scored a goal in his first NHL game, a few days after winning the Hobey Baker (or was it a few days before, I can't remember) and the other, well, we all (most of us DU fans anyway) thought he jumped too early, and were quite surprised that he not only stuck, but could have made a run at the Calder Trophy if it weren't for Malkin. The point of this is that DU doesn't have much of a track record for putting guys into the NHL straight away, and I don't think Zucker is the best forward on the team.
                            Last edited by duper; 03-16-2012, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                              My honest guess is that he signs a contract the day after DU's last game, unless they win the NC, in which case he waits three or four days until he gets over his hangover. I suspect he finishes out the season with the Wild, because they suck, so why not give him an immediate chance. Then next year he goes to Wild camp, and probably gets cut and plays for Houston.

Edit: As much talk as there has been of Zucker going pro, in the time I have been following DU with more than a passing interest (since about 2000) I can only think of 2 guys who jumped straight from DU to the NHL and stuck. One scored a goal in his first NHL game, a few days after winning the Hobey Baker (or was it a few days before, I can't remember) and the other, well, we all (most of us DU fans anyway) thought he jumped too early, and were quite surprised that he not only stuck, but could have made a run at the Calder Trophy if it weren't for Malkin. The point of this is that DU doesn't have much of a track record for putting guys into the NHL straight away, and I don't think Zucker is the best forward on the team.

I hope that if Zucker decides to head for Minny (hopefully not for a couple weeks), that he has more of a Stastny career and doesn't become the next Dwight Mathiesen. (Reaching back into my sordid past for a big bonus baby that died a fast death in the pros.) Whatever that outcome, let's finish the quest on top of the mountain (BOTH mountains???) this season.

Comment

Hate to see him go.

Originally posted by vizoroo
                                Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                                Originally posted by duper
                                I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                                Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                                Originally posted by dggoddard
                                Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X