Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: ECAC West All-Conference Awards

  1. #1
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,412

    ECAC West All-Conference Awards

    First Team All-ECAC West
    Forward - Teal Gove, Plattsburgh, Senior
    Forward - Kourtney Kunichika, RIT, Sophomore
    Forward - Megan Myers, Utica, Sophomore
    Defense - Kristina Moss, RIT, Junior
    Defense - Kayla Dubowski, Neumann, Senior
    Goalie - Sydney Aveson, Plattsburgh, Junior

    Second Team All-ECAC West
    Forward - Lindsay Mitchell, Elmira, Senior
    Forward - Tori Charron, Elmira, Sophomore
    Forward - Kolbee McCrea, RIT, Sophomore
    Defense - Kathryn Walker, Elmira, Senior
    Defense - Allison Era, Plattsburgh, Sophomore
    Goalie - Laura Chamberlain, RIT, Sophomore

    Honorable Mention
    Forward - Annmarie Lewis, Potsdam, Senior
    Forward - Megan Howe, Oswego, Sophomore
    Forward - Tenecia Hiller, RIT, Junior
    Defense - Breanna Roy, Potsdam, Senior
    Defense - Kathryn Sbrocchi, Oswego, Senior
    Goalie - Lisa Marshall, Elmira, Sophomore

    All-Rookie West
    Forward - Emma Rutherford, Plattsburgh
    Forward - Ashley Ryan, Elmira
    Forward - Celeste Brown, RIT
    Defense - Alyssa Parke, Plattsburgh
    Defense - Brooke Wilgosh, Elmira
    Goalie - Ali Binnington, RIT

    ECAC Women's West Player of the Year
    Teal Gove, Plattsburgh State
    ECAC Women's West Goalie of the Year
    Sydney Aveson, Plattsburgh State
    ECAC Women's West Rookie of the Year
    Emma Rutherford, Plattsburgh State
    ECAC Women's West Coach of the Year
    Jay Green, SUNY Potsdam
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12

    Re: ECAC West All-Conference Awards

    Green coach of the year? Hmmm Without Roy and Lewis the team wins 2 games

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    132

    Re: ECAC West All-Conference Awards

    Ahh.

    All I see is Elmira, RIT, Plattsburgh, Elmira, RIT, Plattsburgh, Elmira, RIT, Plattsburgh.

    Really they are the class of the league but I would give Annmarie Lewis more than honourable mention. She racked up a lot of points and didn't have the same quality line mates that many of the other candidates have. I would give her the strongest non Elmira, Plattsburgh, or RIT player in the league.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3

    Re: ECAC West All-Conference Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by canadahockey26 View Post
    Ahh.

    All I see is Elmira, RIT, Plattsburgh, Elmira, RIT, Plattsburgh, Elmira, RIT, Plattsburgh.

    Really they are the class of the league but I would give Annmarie Lewis more than honourable mention. She racked up a lot of points and didn't have the same quality line mates that many of the other candidates have. I would give her the strongest non Elmira, Plattsburgh, or RIT player in the league.
    I agree with you. It seems they don't take into account the quality of players around her. No sour grapes, just an opinion. I was looking at the ECAC East selections and you see Norwich, Holy Cross etc dominate the awards and the winners are deserving. It seems though that a couple of goalies on the less stronger teams got left out even though they posted better stats than the winners and faced many more shots.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    383

    Re: ECAC West All-Conference Awards

    Meghan Myers Utica, Jocelyn St Clair Oswego and Katie Gaskin Elmira absolutely deserved more recognition than they got.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison
    Posts
    618

    Re: ECAC West All-Conference Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by OneTimer View Post
    Meghan Myers Utica, Jocelyn St Clair Oswego and Katie Gaskin Elmira absolutely deserved more recognition than they got.
    Myers deserves more than being on the first team all-conference?

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    383

    Re: ECAC West All-Conference Awards

    Well congratulations to Megan. I will read posts more slowly and carefully from now on. I will buy her a whoopie pie next season.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    132

    Re: ECAC West All-Conference Awards

    Funny how all of the goalie awards went to Elmira, RIT, and Plattsburgh, some other goalies in the conference had great stats and probably had more challenging seasons. I mean Elmira, RIT, and Plattsburgh all do have strong goalies, but for most of their games it probably didn't matter who was in net they still would have won.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,740

    Re: ECAC West All-Conference Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by iamopen View Post
    Green coach of the year? Hmmm Without Roy and Lewis the team wins 2 games
    This could be said about any coach who has ever won any award in sports ... without so-and-so and so-and-so, the team wins x games.

    Sheesh!
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,740

    Re: ECAC West All-Conference Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by canadahockey26 View Post
    Funny how all of the goalie awards went to Elmira, RIT, and Plattsburgh, some other goalies in the conference had great stats and probably had more challenging seasons. I mean Elmira, RIT, and Plattsburgh all do have strong goalies, but for most of their games it probably didn't matter who was in net they still would have won.
    Yeah, I wonder what Elmira is thinking of Jen Conophy right now...
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

  11. #11
    gojackets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,939

    Re: ECAC West All-Conference Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    This could be said about any coach who has ever won any award in sports ... without so-and-so and so-and-so, the team wins x games.

    Sheesh!
    ya..Phil Jackson had it tough...Michael Jordan for most of his career and then inherits Kobe...
    UWS Ladyjackets

    NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •