Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 1003

Thread: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

  1. #141
    defkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    3,204

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    Dos Equis - Very nice, BU2K. Not sure if you came up with that one, but I like it.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

  2. #142

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,296

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    i've no problem with this...

    txt a bc friend who just took a job in dublin. told him about the 2nd sex arrest. he apologized... said, "bc more into point shaving that sex crimes..sorry" told him don't apologize. victimless crimes hurt no one else. this is just awful.
    The behavior of the BU players obviously needs to be called into question because of other reasons, including past player problems (Saponari, Glass, Trivino, Coyle, Sabo, etc)...But what will you say if it ends up being that Max and Corey are found not guilty???

  3. #143
    defkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    3,204

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Sounds like this is what a few posters were talking about.
    Actually, I would be surprised if that is what they were talking about. I don't see a recruit (or even a couple) deciding to look elsewhere as another "blemish". I see that as just an expected reaction to the other blemishes.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

  4. #144
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,606

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    Fair enough. Anyway, as for why BC fans are here...priceless pretty much nailed it. Carry on.

  5. #145
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Back to today
    Posts
    9,719

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    I'm sure that if the roles were reversed and BC was the school in trouble not a single one of these BU supporters would be posting in the BC thread
    Who'd go in there anyway? It's a ghost town!
    Bugs Bunny - 96
    Gas House Gorillas - 95

  6. #146
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    43,299

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan85 View Post
    The behavior of the BU players obviously needs to be called into question because of other reasons, including past player problems (Saponari, Glass, Trivino, Coyle, Sabo, etc)...But what will you say if it ends up being that Max and Corey are found not guilty???
    when my dad was a young guy, he was not a model child. he and my 'uncles' (dad's cousins) used to do some wild stuff. one night, after they um, matured...on of the 'uncles' was giving us a speech and said something that i've remembered and try to follow... "i don't care what you do, but think. just remember, DON'T EMBARRASS ME."

    i kind of took that to heart and it's something i want to make sure my kids think about too. nobody is perfect, and you will probably make mistakes.. but don't do something that will embarrass people close to you.

    whether or not max and corey are found guilty in court, they have some 'splaining to do to the people they are close to.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

  7. #147
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,606

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    Nothing to discuss, just another ho hum season

  8. #148
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    43,299

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    Actually, I would be surprised if that is what they were talking about. I don't see a recruit (or even a couple) deciding to look elsewhere as another "blemish". I see that as just an expected reaction to the other blemishes.
    yah. this would be no different than werek, esposito, lashoff, kane, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera..
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

  9. #149
    Just Browsing...
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Bostonish
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    Dos Equis - Very nice, BU2K. Not sure if you came up with that one, but I like it.
    I didn't hear anyone else use it but it wouldn't surprise me for someone else to think of it.

    Some guys just seem to generate a personal nickname. Like Cheese Cohen.

  10. #150
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Madison, CT
    Posts
    10,760
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    one of the 'uncles' was giving us a speech and said something that i've remembered and try to follow... "i don't care what you do, but think. just remember, DON'T EMBARRASS ME."
    Huh. Funny, I have pretty much the exact same story. One of my uncles once told me "No matter what you do, don't ever embarrass your family's name." Something I took to heart.

    Cue the expected "HAR HAR WELL YOU AREN'T DOING A GOOD JOB!" from the fanboys. But yeah, thumbs up to cool uncles.

  11. #151
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,258

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    Quote Originally Posted by BU2K View Post
    I didn't hear anyone else use it but it wouldn't surprise me for someone else to think of it.

    Some guys just seem to generate a personal nickname. Like Cheese Cohen.
    One of my friends thought of it as well recently, he was talking about making a sign, but then Alexx decided to break his wrist.

    Beyond CrisCo one of the better natural nicknames this team had was Mad Max. Whoops.

  12. #152
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    547

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    Quote Originally Posted by TimP View Post
    I love how one of Parker's cronies is launchign a "task force" to investigate Parker. If that's how it works, Whitey Bulger should be allowed to pick his own jury.
    Or perhaps Bernard Cardinal Law should be investigated the Pope?
    Law belongs in a jail cell, not living the high life at the Vatican!

    On Trivino and Nicastro, Parker has been forthright and transparent.

    Should he have known more, and done more? Perhaps. We don't know what he knew, or when he knew it, if anything.
    But he has these handled these horrible situations professionally. As has the university.

    That doesn't mean anyone likes it - because we don't. But their actions should provide us with some faith that this will be dealt with properly.

  13. #153
    HAVE SOME CLASS
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South Bend, IN
    Posts
    3,368

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    I'm sure that if the roles were reversed and BC was the school in trouble not a single one of these BU supporters would be posting in the BC thread
    You might be surprised. They'd never hear the end of it in pre-game banter, but I think most of us (noob fanboys aside) would leave them be in their own thread. But I imagine it gets mighty lonely over there.

  14. #154

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,296

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    Dave hendrickson was first to bring up Duke lacrosse in media...

  15. #155
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, MA
    Posts
    4,256

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    So here is a puzzling development...this morning's Globe (well, at least the online version) has a front-page story entitled "BU to probe hockey culture after charges." In the subheading, it states "After saying he would try to change the team's culture, BU's hockey coach said yesterday he doubted it would change despite sex charges against two players." I have read the story twice and I see NO MENTION of Parker making any statment that he "doubted" it would change. Is this an example of burying the lead or inflammatory reporting? You make a claim and then it is unsubstantiated? And there are people here that criticize the reporters at the Freep??????

  16. #156
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    southern New Hampshire
    Posts
    985

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    The Boston Globe is a despicable newspaper, and the fact that they cannot lead anyone to pony up 99 cents (!) for a month of their online coverage is very telling. Happily, some of the worst columnists inside their dreary, monochromatic Russian-styled headquarters building are hidden behind that 'paywall.'

  17. #157
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, MA
    Posts
    4,256

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_NH View Post
    The Boston Globe is a despicable newspaper, and the fact that they cannot lead anyone to pony up 99 cents (!) for a month of their online coverage is very telling. Happily, some of the worst columnists inside their dreary, monochromatic Russian-styled headquarters building are hidden behind that 'paywall.'
    Well, I don't disagree...but I'm still wondering how such a blatant error can be made. Without substantiation, it's no better than an accusation....

  18. #158
    Shooooot!
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    690

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    Well, I don't disagree...but I'm still wondering how such a blatant error can be made. Without substantiation, it's no better than an accusation....
    Send a note to sports editor Joe Sullivan. I'm sure he'll let you know what they think of their 'customers' over there. That building can't get swallowed by a sink hole fast enough.
    Go BU!

  19. #159

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    So here is a puzzling development...this morning's Globe (well, at least the online version) has a front-page story entitled "BU to probe hockey culture after charges." In the subheading, it states "After saying he would try to change the team's culture, BU's hockey coach said yesterday he doubted it would change despite sex charges against two players." I have read the story twice and I see NO MENTION of Parker making any statment that he "doubted" it would change. Is this an example of burying the lead or inflammatory reporting? You make a claim and then it is unsubstantiated? And there are people here that criticize the reporters at the Freep??????
    Link please. The mobile version, if I read the same article, didn't have that quote. Unless they edited the story ...

  20. #160
    The social ramble ain't restful
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Winchester, MA
    Posts
    1,872

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    So here is a puzzling development...this morning's Globe (well, at least the online version) has a front-page story entitled "BU to probe hockey culture after charges." In the subheading, it states "After saying he would try to change the team's culture, BU's hockey coach said yesterday he doubted it would change despite sex charges against two players." I have read the story twice and I see NO MENTION of Parker making any statment that he "doubted" it would change. Is this an example of burying the lead or inflammatory reporting? You make a claim and then it is unsubstantiated? And there are people here that criticize the reporters at the Freep??????
    I read the story three times. I can't believe the disconnect. If Parker had made that statement, that's a huge story.
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •