Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 1003

Thread: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

  1. #281
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Fort Kick A**
    Posts
    282

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingBUfan23 View Post
    ?

    The kids who (possibly) embarrassed the team "off the ice" are no longer on it. Enjoy the good hockey played by the kids who are earning their scholarships, not squandering them. No shame in that.
    Seconded or thirded by this time.

  2. #282
    Currently Busy
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Location, Location
    Posts
    6,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigus Paulus View Post
    Seconded or thirded by this time.
    On the road so catching up...so the link was broken on an article and when it was fixed it came up with an article in which Parker said a bunch of inflammatory things that contradict what he said in 2 other interviews? Is the second link valid?

    At least we won. That is a small consolation in a BAD week.

  3. #283
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    607

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    A few observations:

    1.) The team was ready to play - congrats to them and Parker for that, no small task considering
    2.) Alexx Privitera is really, really good-perhaps his return is more important than we/I thought?
    3.) UVM is pretty bad - If I were Sneddon I'd be getting my resume together, what happend to Madore?
    4.) How does one graduate from North Dakota in 2 years? Summer school, AP credits, or what???
    5.) Happy for Grant, I always though he deserved a little more time that he got, he might be a good pro after all if he can keep his rebounds under control - "You can't teach size"

    Hopefully they keep it rolling tonight.
    Last edited by Jacques Joubert; 02-25-2012 at 09:50 AM.
    Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

  4. #284
    defkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    3,204

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
    A few observations:

    1.) The team was ready to play - congrats to them and Parker for that, no small task considering
    2.) Alexx Privitera is really, really good-perhaps his return is more important than we/I thought?
    3.) UVM is pretty bad - If I were Sneddon I'd be getting my resume together, what happend to Madore?
    4.) How does one graduate from North Dakota in 2 years? Summer school, AP credits, or what???
    5.) Happy for Grant, I always though he deserved a little more time that he got, he might be a god pro after all if he can keep his rebounds under control - "You can't teach size"

    Hopefully they keep it rolling tonight.
    Only watched bits and pieces. Agree wholeheartedly on Privitera. I think he turned the corner before getting hurt, but I definitely see him having a very good career at BU.

    Great to see Rollie get a shutout, even if it was against a weak team.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

  5. #285
    Hockey Knight in Boston
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,117

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    The follow up article has been posted with more from Jack
    https://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...?p1=News_links

    But women’s advocates at BU said bigger changes would be needed to address a pervasive “rape culture’’ at the school, one they said was exemplified by recent comments by longtime hockey coach Jack Parker.

    In an interview with the Globe Thursday, Parker said he would cooperate with the task force but he doubted campus culture could be changed dramatically.

    “It’s certainly different than it was in the ’70s. Sexual mores have changed,’’ he said. “There’s girls on every floor; there’s no men’s and women’s dorms. The idea that hooking up is OK - I don’t think that term was even used in the 1970s. . . . Ninety-nine percent of these problems start with alcohol and sex. That’s a bad combination.’’
    Again this quote out of context so I'm not really sure which "problems" Parker is talking about. Hopefully the problems he's referring to aren't his players raping coeds, but it's unclear. Also, I'm a little confused why the article seems to be conflating "campus culture," which is not the target of the task force, with men's ice hockey culture, which is.
    #OneKnight

  6. #286
    Hockey Knight in Boston
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,117

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    In other news, Northeastern beat Maine last night to stay alive as a PWR TUC. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how the pairwise comparisons work, but is it possible to have a situation where BU beats Northeastern twice next weekend and as a result the Huskies are no longer a team under consideration, causing BU's pairwise rank to drop? Could there be a situation where we do better by beating Northeastern 2 times out of 3 and having them as a TUC, than beating them 3 times and having them no longer ranked?
    #OneKnight

  7. #287
    My bad.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southie
    Posts
    2,610

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
    In other news, Northeastern beat Maine last night to stay alive as a PWR TUC. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how the pairwise comparisons work, but is it possible to have a situation where BU beats Northeastern twice next weekend and as a result the Huskies are no longer a team under consideration, causing BU's pairwise rank to drop?
    Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by reBlur View Post
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

  8. #288
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    43,257

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
    In other news, Northeastern beat Maine last night to stay alive as a PWR TUC. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how the pairwise comparisons work, but is it possible to have a situation where BU beats Northeastern twice next weekend and as a result the Huskies are no longer a team under consideration, causing BU's pairwise rank to drop? Could there be a situation where we do better by beating Northeastern 2 times out of 3 and having them as a TUC, than beating them 3 times and having them no longer ranked?
    doesn't matter.. bu is only losing the tuc comparsion against three teams (bc, ferris, duluth). bu is 14-8-0 in the tuc record. 1 of which is vs nu. if you remove that bu's winning pct would be .619 and still the 4th highest (michigan is 5th just over .600). ~if anything, that hurts bc more. they are 4-0-0 vs nu and if nu falls their tuc goes from 16-8-1 to 12-8-1 and we would win that comparison and actually win the overall pwr. so it benefits bu to see nu lose tonight, then sweep them next weekend and hope they fall out (or finish 8th and let the #1 seed bc finish the job! )
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

  9. #289
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Savannah GA
    Posts
    5,016

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
    In other news, Northeastern beat Maine last night to stay alive as a PWR TUC. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how the pairwise comparisons work, but is it possible to have a situation where BU beats Northeastern twice next weekend and as a result the Huskies are no longer a team under consideration, causing BU's pairwise rank to drop? Could there be a situation where we do better by beating Northeastern 2 times out of 3 and having them as a TUC, than beating them 3 times and having them no longer ranked?
    so be sure to lose at least one of them next week

  10. #290
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    43,257

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    Quote Originally Posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    Yep.
    see below!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

  11. #291
    Hockey Knight in Boston
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,117

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    doesn't matter.. bu is only losing the tuc comparsion against three teams (bc, ferris, duluth). bu is 14-8-0 in the tuc record. 1 of which is vs nu. if you remove that bu's winning pct would be .619 and still the 4th highest (michigan is 5th just over .600). ~if anything, that hurts bc more. they are 4-0-0 vs nu and if nu falls their tuc goes from 16-8-1 to 12-8-1 and we would win that comparison and actually win the overall pwr. so it benefits bu to see nu lose tonight, then sweep them next weekend and hope they fall out (or finish 8th and let the #1 seed bc finish the job! )
    Thanks mookie that makes sense. Tricky thing that PWR
    #OneKnight

  12. #292
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    563

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    Only watched bits and pieces. Agree wholeheartedly on Privitera. I think he turned the corner before getting hurt, but I definitely see him having a very good career at BU.

    Great to see Rollie get a shutout, even if it was against a weak team.
    Took the words right out of my mouth. Privitera has easily been the most impressive freshmen this year and it's been nice watching him develop from benchwarmer to one of our best offensive D-men. If he stays all 4 years, he should have a great career here. His brother isn't exactly bad either and should be a contributor over his career as well.

    And yep, great game for Rollie.

  13. #293
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Back to today
    Posts
    9,719
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    doesn't matter.. bu is only losing the tuc comparsion against three teams (bc, ferris, duluth). bu is skip skat doo rae If you mahnamahna they are blah du blah blah blahdeeblah. so blah blah blah blah (or blah de blah and slackem jackem )
    Save it, pencil neck.



    (What do you think we are here, Lowell engineering students?)

  14. #294
    ★★★★★
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    131

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    doesn't matter.. bu is only losing the tuc comparsion against three teams (bc, ferris, duluth). bu is skip skat doo rae If you mahnamahna they are blah du blah blah blahdeeblah. so blah blah blah blah (or blah de blah and slackem jackem ) )
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveStPaul View Post
    (What do you think we are here, Lowell engineering students?)
    Excuse me stewardess, I speak jive.

  15. #295
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Newburyport, MA
    Posts
    6,425

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
    The follow up article has been posted with more from Jack
    https://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...?p1=News_links



    Again this quote out of context so I'm not really sure which "problems" Parker is talking about. Hopefully the problems he's referring to aren't his players raping coeds, but it's unclear. Also, I'm a little confused why the article seems to be conflating "campus culture," which is not the target of the task force, with men's ice hockey culture, which is.
    And illustrating Chickod's point from earlier that at this point it is better to say nothing at all because no matter what you say, someone will twist your words and find fault with it. To me its pretty clear from this that what Jack was saying yesterday that he was talking about campus culture in general (and perhaps even culture at universities in general when he said he didn't think much would change). The lady from the women's health advocacy group turned that into him basically saying that its OK to rape people because there are women everywhere, which is clearly not what he said.

  16. #296
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Newburyport, MA
    Posts
    6,425

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbles View Post
    Took the words right out of my mouth. Privitera has easily been the most impressive freshmen this year and it's been nice watching him develop from benchwarmer to one of our best offensive D-men. If he stays all 4 years, he should have a great career here. His brother isn't exactly bad either and should be a contributor over his career as well.

    And yep, great game for Rollie.
    Great to see Privitera back... I think they said he would play tonight pending his pain level after last night? Have we heard any word on that yet?

  17. #297
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA
    Posts
    7,085

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    Quote Originally Posted by ericredaxe View Post
    And illustrating Chickod's point from earlier that at this point it is better to say nothing at all because no matter what you say, someone will twist your words and find fault with it.
    People twist other people's words on this board?!!?

  18. #298
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    402

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    I tried listening to the pregame show on-line, but it wasn't coming up. Did anyone hear if Bernie addressed the Nicastro situation with Parker during their interview?

    By the way, I have never seen a college team fall down as much as Vermont did last night. They were less than pathetic.

  19. #299
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    547

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
    A few observations:

    1.) The team was ready to play - congrats to them and Parker for that, no small task considering
    2.) Alexx Privitera is really, really good-perhaps his return is more important than we/I thought?
    3.) UVM is pretty bad - If I were Sneddon I'd be getting my resume together, what happend to Madore?
    4.) How does one graduate from North Dakota in 2 years? Summer school, AP credits, or what???
    5.) Happy for Grant, I always though he deserved a little more time that he got, he might be a good pro after all if he can keep his rebounds under control - "You can't teach size"

    Hopefully they keep it rolling tonight.
    Even when Vermont has been good, they have been the most boring team to watch in Hockey East. It looked their players, who have nothing to play for, were bored as well.
    Their seniors made it to the Frozen Four as freshmen, and now they are among the rubble of college hockey. What a tremendous fall.
    I wonder if Sneddon is in jeopardy? From an entertainment standpoint, for sure. But it isn't quite so bad to play boring hockey if it is winning hockey.

    I know it it was snowing up there, but Gutterson was a ghost town by the third period. Never saw so many empty seats there.

    Parker said he decided to start Rollheiser last night after last Saturday's game. Given the NiCastro arrest, and the distractions from hockey, that decision looked even better.
    Rollheiser is a good goalie, just not as good as Millan. The team was going to play hard in front of him. If they were feeling sorry for themselves, they may have looked to Millan to hold them up. But they wanted to play well in front of Rollheiser, and they did.
    It was against poor opposition, but they didn't make the schedule.

    Privitera's return softened the loss of NiCastro on the ice. But if another D is lost, Rosen would have to move back with Gilroy returning to the mix at F. Losing three scholarship players has thinned out the depth, but may have gotten them to play better as a team.

    Do the Fighting Sioux offer online degrees? That may solve the JD mystery!

  20. #300
    Hockey Knight in Boston
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,117

    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
    Rollheiser is a good goalie, just not as good as Millan. The team was going to play hard in front of him. If they were feeling sorry for themselves, they may have looked to Millan to hold them up. But they wanted to play well in front of Rollheiser, and they did.
    Agree 100%. I doubt it will happen but part of me wants Rollheiser to start again tonight. I think it will make the team in front of him play harder
    Last edited by KnightsOfTheRound; 02-25-2012 at 12:45 PM.
    #OneKnight

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •