Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Meehan Madness is Coming Back!!!!!!

Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    how does "Engineering at Lowell" get mentioned in a post about Lowell hockey players?
    I think "Good Lord, that is an ignorant statement" comes fleeting to mind.

and yeah, it IS easier for a hockey player to pull a 3.0 at Lowell than at BU, even in the college of general studies.
    what I want to know is why it is so hard to pull anything lower than a 3.94 at Brown.
    a coupld of my siblings went there, were nowhere near the tops of their classes and one had a 3.94 and the other a 3.97
    THERE is grade inflation!
    You think there aren't any Lowell players majoring in Engineering? Please show me something that proves Lowell is inflating the grades of its hockey players. I do know I see 14 UML players on the 2011 HE All Academic team compared to 2 for the University of Boston. Considering BU is merely a hockey factory, wouldn't they be the ones inflating their player's GPAs?
    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    i shoulda gone there... i'll bet i would have hooked up with amy carter!
    Is she asian?
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Hockey Knight in Boston

Quote Originally Posted by Onion Man View Post
    You think there aren't any Lowell players majoring in Engineering? Please show me something that proves Lowell is inflating the grades of its hockey players. I do know I see 14 UML players on the 2011 HE All Academic team compared to 2 for the University of Boston. Considering BU is merely a hockey factory, wouldn't they be the ones inflating their player's GPAs?
    I'd love to be proven wrong on this, but can you show me something that indicates there are hockey players at UMass Lowell majoring in engineering?
    #OneKnight

there's a good buck in that racket.

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Is she asian?
    back in my youth i wasn't as worldy as i've become now
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Banned

yes
    no
    I see them too
    no

Quote Originally Posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
    I'd love to be proven wrong on this, but can you show me something that indicates there are hockey players at UMass Lowell majoring in engineering?
    I don't have any idea, but it's difficult to take seriously any BU fan who is chiding another program's players for academics considering their adventure with Chris Bourque and Charlie Coyle.

Banned

I don't have any idea, but it's difficult to take seriously any BU fan who is chiding another program's players for academics considering their adventure with Chris Bourque and Charlie Coyle.
    both would have been all hockey east academic all stars at Lowell. that is the difference between BU and Lowell.
    (and they would have reached their junior years at BC before going pro)

both would have been all hockey east academic all stars at Lowell. that is the difference between BU and Lowell.
    Tough to argue with that flawless logic. So, what you are saying is this: BU's academics are the most difficult on their athletes, while Lowell is a joke and BC floats them until jr year and then they push them out to the door to the NHL? Yup. Any theories on Area 51 or the Kennedy Assassination, too?

Priceless

So Lowell has better professors that can teach their subjects well, even to um...less than enthusiastic students? Sounds great! Maybe BU should try to hire some of them!

Holding court

both would have been all hockey east academic all stars at Lowell.
    Ahahahahahahhaa. Sure. Chris Bourque wouldn't be an academic all-star even at jennajennajenna2004's jr high school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Maybe once they got to Brown they knew it all.
    LOL

Hey, another baseless accusation from KIA! It never ends!!!

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Tough to argue with that flawless logic. So, what you are saying is this: BU's academics are the most difficult on their athletes, while Lowell is a joke and BC floats them until jr year and then they push them out to the door to the NHL? Yup. Any theories on Area 51 or the Kennedy Assassination, too?
    I think the point is that Lowell academics in general is a joke. No reason to single out the hockey team or athletes in particular.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    back in my youth i wasn't as worldy as i've become now
    If Worldy means perverted
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I think the point is that Lowell academics in general is a joke. No reason to single out the hockey team or athletes in particular.
    Hey! You take that bck right now! Mish teaches at Lowell!!

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    If Worldy means perverted
    LIES!!! All LIES!!

Just arrived in Burlington. Snowing like crazy up here. Love this trip. Next 2 days are about hockey and getting home ice. GO BU! Anyone who's up here, I have 2 xtra tix for each night if you're looking.email leg7@att.blackberry.net

Quote Originally Posted by BCeagle View Post
    Maybe he'll say he was misquoted. If he did say it, his days are numbered.
    But that's the point...if he says NOTHING then nobody will be able to "misquote" him or "misconstrue" his words. When it gets to this point, he HAS to know that anything he says can only hurt him. It's hard to imagine someone who has been around as long as he has can be that naive. You just don't say ANYTHING ANYMORE EVER until this is resolved or you speak with legal counsel. Just ZIP IT!!!!!

Hockey Knight in Boston

Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    But that's the point...if he says NOTHING then nobody will be able to "misquote" him or "misconstrue" his words. When it gets to this point, he HAS to know that anything he says can only hurt him. It's hard to imagine someone who has been around as long as he has can be that naive. You just don't say ANYTHING ANYMORE EVER until this is resolved or you speak with legal counsel. Just ZIP IT!!!!!
    I think its fine if he talks, but he needs to be disciplined enough to stay on message. Its not even that tough a tough line to walk. "You can't change the culture that's evolved here" is decidedly off message.
    #OneKnight

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
    I think its fine if he talks, but he needs to be disciplined enough to stay on message. Its not even that tough a tough line to walk. "You can't change the culture that's evolved here" is decidedly off message.
    Agreed... it seems odd because as someone mentioned below, Jack is usually pretty media savy. I'll be interested to hear his response, or if he just decides (or is asked/told by Brown) to stop talking about it. Regardless of whatever he said or how it came out in today's Globe article, i truly do not believe that he is OK with what happened. I also think he would do anything to try to change things up (if indeed there is any sort of culture atmosphere that led to these events).

Curious what you mean by him being media savvy because nothing he says ever surprises me (i.e. ripping players, etc.). If anything, it seems like he has trouble giving the PC answer and that when something is in his head...he says it.

Thread Information