Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011-2012 NCAA Week 19 Rankings

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    After an extremely close vote, Ferris State holds off Michigan for the Top spot in College Hockey Weekly's Power Rankings. The Bulldogs finished 1 point ahead of the Wolverines, despite having 3 more 1st place votes.

http://collegehockeyweekly.com/Weekl...-Rankings.html
    I'd live with this except Ferris State and Michigan ought to be flip-flopped.

Under no circumstances should somebody you beat like red-headed stepchildren, twice, be ranked in front of you.

Plus, Ferris State lost to Vermont, by far, the worst team in Hockey East and has a loss to RIT, whose conference winner would not even get into the NCAA's unless their conference got an automatic bid. If UNO was in the AHA, they'd be having a 20+ win season.

Obviously, Michigan has lost some games but they don't have any losses like these. And, they sure didn't lose any games they played with the one team ahead of them in the rankings, either.

I hate Michigan but this is about as ridiculous as anything a BCS poll could conjure up.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post

Under no circumstances should somebody you beat like red-headed stepchildren, twice, be ranked in front of you.

Plus, Ferris State lost to Vermont, by far, the worst team in Hockey East and has a loss to RIT, whose conference winner would not even get into the NCAA's unless their conference got an automatic bid. If UNO was in the AHA, they'd be having a 20+ win season.

Obviously, Michigan has lost some games but they don't have any losses like these. And, they sure didn't lose any games they played with the one team ahead of them in the rankings, either.

I hate Michigan but this is about as ridiculous as anything a BCS poll could conjure up.
      So should Bemidji have been ranked ahead of UNO last season? A sweep in October doesn't really mean much. You have Minnesota ranked ahead of Denver, despite the fact that the Pios just swept Minnesota two weekends ago.

Michigan lost to Northeastern and Alaska...two bottom feeders this season. It is what it is.

That being said, I ranked Michigan ahead of Ferris because I think they are playing better right now. It is a fair argument either way though.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Good luck with that.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          So should Bemidji have been ranked ahead of UNO last season? A sweep in October doesn't really mean much. You have Minnesota ranked ahead of Denver, despite the fact that the Pios just swept Minnesota two weekends ago.

Michigan lost to Northeastern and Alaska...two bottom feeders this season. It is what it is.

That being said, I ranked Michigan ahead of Ferris because I think they are playing better right now. It is a fair argument either way though.
          I did struggle with Minnesota ahead of Denver for that very reason.

UNO/Bemidji is not and was not ever an argument over "who's #1", which I feel deserves lot more scrutiny and I don't think the same rationale applies. And, I feel that Michigan's losses you mentioned were not nearly as bad of losses as those of Ferris State. Since they collectively don't have a lot of (bad) losses, you have to base your opinion on something and if you don't have a lot to look at then when it happened starts getting negated in my book.

Of course, now Ferris State will steamroll to the title and make me look like a complete idiot.

Obviously, this is all incredibly subjective. I wonder what Michigan fan thinks of the current rankings?

Comment

Can BU withstand the loss of another key player, Nicastro?
            GO DU !!!

Comment

How are points handed out in the national polls? Is a first place vote worth more than a second place vote?

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
              Can BU withstand the loss of another key player, Nicastro?
              Yes. He sucked
              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

I did struggle with Minnesota ahead of Denver for that very reason.

UNO/Bemidji is not and was not ever an argument over "who's #1", which I feel deserves lot more scrutiny and I don't think the same rationale applies. And, I feel that Michigan's losses you mentioned were not nearly as bad of losses as those of Ferris State. Since they collectively don't have a lot of (bad) losses, you have to base your opinion on something and if you don't have a lot to look at then when it happened starts getting negated in my book.

Of course, now Ferris State will steamroll to the title and make me look like a complete idiot.

Obviously, this is all incredibly subjective. I wonder what Michigan fan thinks of the current rankings?
                I thought JDUBBS was banned?
                "My greatest achievement."
                Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Working...
                X