Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's wrong with a little indoor hockey? (MSU-EL / UM-AA - style)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with a little indoor hockey? (MSU-EL / UM-AA - style)

I was curious to pole your thoughts on the outcome this weekend, seeing as how I heard one media type called this the "greatest rivalry in college hockey". How much will CBro's absence affect the game on Friday? Will Mike Hart be in the crowd somewhere? Will John Beilein* outcoach Tom Anastos?

And was Betty White correct?

*OK I've been informed it's Beilein, not Bielein. Ach! Du lieber.
    Last edited by owslachief; 02-09-2012, 03:43 PM.

Re: What's wrong with a little indoor hockey? (MSU-EL / UM-AA - style)

I approve of this thread title.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
      I was curious to pole your thoughts on the outcome this weekend, seeing as how I heard one media type called this the "greatest rivalry in college hockey". How much will CBro's absence affect the game on Friday? Will Mike Hart be in the crowd somewhere? Will John Beilein* outcoach Tom Anastos?

And was Betty White correct?

*OK I've been informed it's Beilein, not Bielein. Ach! Du lieber.
      Brown is a big loss because that top line has a ton of chemistry right now and is really clicking. It will be interesting to see whether Red shuffles the lines or just plugs in a reserve in his place. Either way the UM offense certainly won't be at full strength so they'll have to get a big game from Hunwick and the defense. I'll leave it at that, I was going to offer more analysis but Mark Dantonio just told me this thread isn't only about Michigan hockey....

Comment

I'm almost forgetting indoor hockey is possible...

Comment

Don't "pole" me, bro!
          My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
            Don't "pole" me, bro!
            pole noun, verb, poled, pol·ing.
            noun
            1. a long, cylindrical, often slender piece of wood, metal, etc.: a telephone pole; a fishing pole.
            2. Northeastern U.S. a long, tapering piece of wood or other material that extends from the front axle of a vehicle between the animals drawing it.
            3. Nautical
            a. a light spar.
            b. that part of a mast between the uppermost standing rigging and the truck.
            4. the lane of a racetrack nearest to the infield; the inside lane.
            5. a unit of length equal to 16 1 / 2 feet (5 meters); a rod.
            6. solicit feedback or conduct a survey in USCHO Forum (commonly confused with "poll", ie. to solicit feedback or conduct a survey in non-USCHO Forum settings).

Comment

Moffatt has been moved up to the top line. Don't know about the other lines shuffling. And MSU fans, welcome Jon Merrill. You haven't seen him yet this season, and he loves to play MSU.

Edit: the last time Brown was out of the lineup was for the home series with WMU. His thumb was broken. We split the series.
              Last edited by streaker; 02-10-2012, 01:10 PM.

Comment

So are you telling me that this is another USCHO "meme" I've missed? It's getting nearly impossible to keep up.
                My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                  Moffatt has been moved up to the top line. Don't know about the other lines shuffling. And MSU fans, welcome Jon Merrill. You haven't seen him yet this season, and he loves to play MSU.
                  I hope he has company.

While we're on the topic of skaters back in the line-up, I'll wager that Grassi will dress for one of these games. Which means that, aside from Leveille, Spartans will have their CCHA opening-night lineup on the ice. However, if Grassi doesn't go, expect a little extra emotion for this one from 5th-year Sr. A.J. Sturges, who's been solid-to-good the last couple weekends.

Edit, d@mmit!: But don't expect AJS to stick around for another year. You can read about his chances of that here.
                  He's not Robbie Hummell, after all.

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                  So are you telling me that this is another USCHO "meme" I've missed? It's getting nearly impossible to keep up.
                  Gah! The requisite Ugly Pole Spinner pic. wasn't included for illustration, nor the Pole in the proper noun sense. Meme to self to try and do better.
                  Last edited by owslachief; 02-10-2012, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Krug loves to play against ... anybody?

Isn't that 9 points in the last 3 games? How offensive.

Comment

I didn't even see this thread earlier.

Krug is an absolute Wolverine assassin. Holy crap. He will haunt the nightmares of wolverine players/fans until he is gone, and likely even after that.

Anyways, very exciting game. Always fun to get a comeback win. Munn absolutely blew up when Berry put in the go-ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
                        I didn't even see this thread earlier.

Krug is an absolute Wolverine assassin. Holy crap. He will haunt the nightmares of wolverine players/fans until he is gone, and likely even after that.

Anyways, very exciting game. Always fun to get a comeback win. Munn absolutely blew up when Berry put in the go-ahead.
                        I didn't notice whose MSU stick it was until seeing the replay this morning, but on the 6x5 Krug was a Merrill save away from an ENG and a 2nd career hat-trick vs. Michigan. That wasn't just a clear.
                        Last edited by owslachief; 02-11-2012, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Krug is a Senior, right? Guh.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I am truly asking. Was Krug the other player involved in the Kampfer-Tropp incident.

Hopefully, with Brown back, Michigan's offense looks less dis-jointed.
                          Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
                            Krug is a Senior, right? Guh.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I am truly asking. Was Krug the other player involved in the Kampfer-Tropp incident.
                            He's a Junior.

And no, that was Conboy, who left the team shortly after that incident.

Comment

Krug had a monster night last night, showed why you put the c on his sweater. Bastard.

The bright part of the hacks announcing the game was when they mentioned how big the breakaway save was. Indeed it was. Getting a goal to make it 2-1 is a whole lot different than 3-1.

Michigan looked very disjointed after the goal, too. Oh, well.

Comment

Working...
                              X