Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drunk Cheesehead of the Day - Resurrected!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Drunk Cheesehead of the Day - Resurrected!

Originally posted by burd View Post
    The annual truck and tractor pull at the fairgrounds is a big deal
    One of the most fun events I ever went to was a tractor pull in rural CT. The "little engine that could" almost won! Also, a lot of horse culture girls are cute.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      One of the most fun events I ever went to was a tractor pull in rural CT. The "little engine that could" almost won! Also, a lot of horse culture girls are cute.
      Not long ago, I met a former USA bull riding champion, who was from Hillsboro WI, not far from Richland Center. Small wiry guy, but he definitely got the farm girl.
      Last edited by burd; 10-21-2019, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Just looked it up, yeah, that's some Amish country
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          Just looked it up, yeah, that's some Amish country
          It's mostly north of RC, but to get there from the east and north you drive through a lot of Amish communities. Enough so that you are careful driving at night or dusk.

Comment

It's mostly north of RC, but to get there from the east and north you drive through a lot of Amish communities. Enough so that you are careful driving at night or dusk.
            That region in general, even creeping into MN and IA. Made a drive to Decorah IA a month or two back, and lots of Amish signs/etc were present.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

That region in general, even creeping into MN and IA. Made a drive to Decorah IA a month or two back, and lots of Amish signs/etc were present.
              A lot of Amish in Iowa, and they interact a lot with local communities here, primarily to keep the gene pool safe.

You know--to avoid situations like all those rosemaling savants up where you live.

Comment

A lot of Amish in Iowa, and they interact a lot with local communities here, primarily to keep the gene pool safe.

You know--to avoid situations like all those rosemaling savants up where you live.
                Amish or Mennonite?
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Amish or Mennonite?
                  I would say Amish, based on my knowledge, but after a google search, sounds like heavy crossover in the NE part of IA.

Comment

I would say Amish, based on my knowledge, but after a google search, sounds like heavy crossover in the NE part of IA.
                    There's a pretty wide and interesting range of difference between customs of Amish, Mennonite, and German Anabaptists. The Amish community closest to where I live is only a 10 minute drive away, and they do not even ride bicycles. They make other concessions in order to get by though, such as using electric tools when working as carpenters in the English community and using cell phones located in "call boxes" positioned around the community for important needs. I've gotten to respect those I have had the chance to do business with.

Comment

There's a pretty wide and interesting range of difference between customs of Amish, Mennonite, and German Anabaptists. The Amish community closest to where I live is only a 10 minute drive away, and they do not even ride bicycles. They make other concessions in order to get by though, such as using electric tools when working as carpenters in the English community and using cell phones located in "call boxes" positioned around the community for important needs. I've gotten to respect those I have had the chance to do business with.
                      I didn't think there were very many more than a few hundred Amish outside of the Pennsylvania area. There aren't many Amish left even in PA. Mostly other Anabaptists.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Not long ago, I met a former USA bull riding champion, who was from Hillsboro WI, not far from Richland Center. Small wiry guy, but he definitely got the farm girl.
                        There are running jokes on 30s radio shows about how jockeys were drowning in it.

Money. Money changes everything.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 10-25-2019, 02:04 PM.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Thread returns in big way.

Tell us about Oak Creek, Sconies.

My favorite party of the story:

11 a.m.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Thread returns in big way.

Tell us about Oak Creek, Sconies.

My favorite party of the story:
                            Sunday morning - Saturday night never ended.

Comment

Only four people shot in Wisconsin opening weekend!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/minneso...deer-hunt/amp/

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                Only four people shot in Wisconsin opening weekend!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/minneso...deer-hunt/amp/
                                So...numbers are down this year. That's good!
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X