Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Banned

Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Quote Originally Posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    Jesus, you guys sure are upset that you got your butts handed to you by a 14 year old kid who reported this stuff in between doing his long division homework.

This is hilarious.
    are you surprised?
    you saw what the freep sports writer has been posting on here for the past 3 seasons... AND he had some sorf of defense for the $60k community college thing that BU runs

one thing that surprises me is that so many players no longer seem to be able to put up with Parker's regimented approach. as much as I cannot stand him or the program, he gets results and develops talent (Coyle may be an outlier... LOTS of potential, but little development as far I could tell)

Quote Originally Posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Don't forget that you are dealing with a "BU Fan" that basically said he was dissapointed that they won the National Championship because he wan't JP gone so much.
    Yes I did because I am looking long term and Parker was ripe for the picking prior to that and Gilroy and a few own goals saved his job. Now how have the last 3 years been treating ya? And get used to it boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Jofa View Post
    Yes I did because I am looking long term and Parker was ripe for the picking prior to that and Gilroy and a few own goals saved his job. Now how have the last 3 years been treating ya? And get used to it boys.
    I agree with you to a certain extent. It's unfortunate though because prior to this week, Parker looked like he had a squad that could definitely compete for the national title ANDDDDD I really think if he had success this year (i.e. frozen four), he would have retired. Now I'm not sure since I don't see us doing too hot in the second half. However, I think he'll retire sooner rather than later..., we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by collegefan06 View Post
    Give the Beagle posters credit for getting this tread totally off topic.
    I know this might be difficult for you, but care to explain?

Super Serial

Kevin Roeder scored on himself?
    I was formerly a tasty 7-11 beverage. Now I'm a fan of defunct hockey teams.

Quote Originally Posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Just to clear things up, who exactly do you root for? No intention to flame, I'm actually not sure.
    I was in house for all of the 1970's titles (NCAA, ECAC) and was with the program all the way thru the period before Parker thought he was bigger then the program, the school and anyone in it. He is a tired old drunk who's act grew old 10 years ago and has gotten progressively worse year after year. When Parker is gone I will vociferously root for the program again. Until then I can atleast grudingly appreciate the classy and talented program that York has built.
    Last edited by Jofa; 12-18-2011 at 05:02 PM.

Kevin roeder?

And know it all, since you..know it all, you should know parker hasn't been getting the results you seem to think.

Quote Originally Posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Kevin Roeder scored on himself?
    Do you know what an "own" goal is? Go check the highlights from the UNH, UVM and Miami games if you dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Kevin roeder?

And know it all, since you..know it all, you should know parker hasn't been getting the results you seem to think.
    Know it All just woke up from a coma he been in since the late 90's

Super Serial

Do you know what an "own" goal is? Go check the highlights from the UNH, UVM and Miami games if you dont know.
    *******https://www.popsci.com/files/imagecache/article_image_large/articles/sarcasm01.jpg********
    I was formerly a tasty 7-11 beverage. Now I'm a fan of defunct hockey teams.

I was in house for all of the 1970's titles (NCAA, ECAC) and was with the program all the way thru the period before Parker thought he was bigger then the program, the school and anyone in it. He is a tired old drunk who's act grew old 10 years ago and has gotten progressively worse year after year. When Parker is gone I will vociferously root for the program again. Until then I can atleast grudingly appreciate the classy and talented program that York has built.
    Gee, can't wait to have you back.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughEmUp View Post
    Gee, can't wait to have you back.
    +1

Don't forget that you are dealing with a "BU Fan" that basically said he was dissapointed that they won the National Championship because he wan't JP gone so much.
    Yes, I know exactly who I am dealing with. This guy jumped the shark a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by srsterrier View Post
    Yes, I know exactly who I am dealing with. This guy jumped the shark a long time ago.
    And as long as you keep stroking the fanboys and JP you will never be jumping the shark here you will fit right in.

It's not the Frozen 4 without BC.

CRIPPLE FIGHT! Keep fighting, fanboys. This is entertaining to all of us on the Hill.
    1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Just read the post on the BC Hockey Blog. To me it reads "another top player on BU is considering leaving." Where did the idea that it was "a role player" come from?

Old Time Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by PPGuru View Post
    Just read the post on the BC Hockey Blog. To me it reads "another top player on BU is considering leaving." Where did the idea that it was "a role player" come from?
    originally said role player, he has since changed it to top player

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PPGuru View Post
    The BC tweeter / blogger was confused as to the definition of a role player. He was using role player to mean top player.

The BC tweeter / blogger was confused as to the definition of a role player. He was using role player to mean top player.
    How do you know what the BC blogger is thinking? Anyway who is this top player? Clendening or someone else?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BUTerrierfan View Post
    How do you know what the BC blogger is thinking? Anyway who is this top player? Clendening or someone else?
    Because he subsequently said he was confused ad to the definition of role player vs top player.
    Last edited by ericredaxe; 12-18-2011 at 09:08 PM.

Thread Information