Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tUMD @ UW-M - Don't worry Badger fans, Crandall won't be playing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tUMD @ UW-M - Don't worry Badger fans, Crandall won't be playing...

One of these games will be on the BTN, correct?

Enjoy that coverage

Comment

Originally posted by tristarscoop View Post
      We'll be there Saturday night.

Good thing we thought to check the schedule, since the 8 pm start time is odd.

There's a 1:00 pm basketball game, but that doesn't usually change the start time, does it?

Yeah, it takes a while to switch over. If the hoops game was at 11:00, they could start at 7:00.

Here's a video that shows the process...

Comment

I am hoping for a split, anything more would be gravy. Wisconsin has done well at home, and the Kohl Center isn't easy to play at to begin with.

Wisconsin fans: who do you like on your team? (besides Schultz, we all know he's good). Any emerging goal scorers? How's goaltending been?
        University of Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs
        2007 Alumni
        WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1984, 1985, 1993
        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1984, 1985, 2009
        NCAA Appearances: 1983, 1984, 1985, 1993, 2004, 2009, 2011
        Frozen Four Appearances: 1984, 1985, 2004, 2011
        National Champions: 2011

Comment

Zengerlee has been super-creative as the first line C (7g 18a). I see a lot of Craig Smith in Barnes (7g 10a), who is a first line wing. Goaltending has been solid, no obviously softies and a few insanely great saves. UW's downfall will be thier PK, which is AWEFUL (73%). I see UMD's pk is ok (80%), and both teams have a 22% pp.

UW's youth has been an issue in as far as they don't come out and play hard right off the bat. The coaches have commented that this team practices harder than it plays in games.

UW has also been missing 2 players due to injury for most of the year, Lee, a talented jr F, and McCabe, a very talented fr D, which has thrusted more inexperienced and less talented players into the fray.

And yes, I want revenge for the screw job UW got last year in OT.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

[QUOTE=Timothy A;5288868]Zengerlee has been super-creative as the first line C (7g 18a). I see a lot of Craig Smith in Barnes (7g 10a), who is a first line wing. Goaltending has been solid, no obviously softies and a few insanely great saves. UW's downfall will be thier PK, which is AWEFUL (73%). I see UMD's pk is ok (80%), and both teams have a 22% pp.

UW's youth has been an issue in as far as they don't come out and play hard right off the bat. The coaches have commented that this team practices harder than it plays in games.

UW has also been missing 2 players due to injury for most of the year, Lee, a talented jr F, and McCabe, a very talented fr D, which has thrusted more inexperienced and less talented players into the fray.

And yes, I want revenge for the screw job UW got last year in OT.[/QUOTE]

?

Comment

[QUOTE=mariucci;5288966]
              Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              Zengerlee has been super-creative as the first line C (7g 18a). I see a lot of Craig Smith in Barnes (7g 10a), who is a first line wing. Goaltending has been solid, no obviously softies and a few insanely great saves. UW's downfall will be thier PK, which is AWEFUL (73%). I see UMD's pk is ok (80%), and both teams have a 22% pp.

?
              Alleged tripping call on Gardiner on a break-out lead to a UMD game winner in over-time last year.

Comment

[QUOTE=mariucci;5288966]
                Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

?
                Mike Connolly hooked a UW player to the ground, got the puck, and we scored. Yes it was bushleague. But the game was tied at that point and I believe it was in overtime, so anything could have still happened after that point even if the penalty was called.
                "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

[QUOTE=dogs2012;5288986]
                  Originally posted by mariucci View Post

Mike Connolly hooked a UW player to the ground, got the puck, and we scored. Yes it was bushleague. But the game was tied at that point and I believe it was in overtime, so anything could have still happened after that point even if the penalty was called.
                  Nope it was completely justified.
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    University of Wisconsin - Madison

EVERY school has a city it is located in

So has Wisconsin's troubles been related to (1) youth and (2) inexperience?
                    1-Yes.
                    2-Yes.
                    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Bulldogs have experience and lots of talent with a talented goalie I see a tough series but a sweep bringing the Bulldogs to 1st in the WCHA after the Gophers split their series with Tech
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Wm2yK3MiM

Comment

Anyone want to guess which OT "screw job" against UMD that I am still upset with?

(I'll let go of it when I'm **** good and ready)
                        Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 12-06-2011, 07:06 PM.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          Anyone want to guess which OT "screw job" against UMD that I am still upset with?

Excuses excuses
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Wm2yK3MiM

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                            Good call; SCSU plays UW four times, tUMD twice and so UW wins will help our SOS more. Thanks for justifying my anti-Bulldogness this weekend
                            Just telling you what I would do if I was in your position.
                            How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Comment

Heehee. Explain to me how a call in a regular season that costs you an extra point somehow causes as much butthurt as unfairly losing a regional or F4 game...

Perhaps Badger fans should eat more cheese as a comfort thing. You know, like, Barry Alvarez has.

PS: recall Eaves
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

1984 WCHA Playoff Title game?
                                Last edited by UMDbulldogs#1; 12-06-2011, 09:25 PM.
                                How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Comment

Working...
                                X