Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: tUMD @ UW-M - Don't worry Badger fans, Crandall won't be playing...

Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar

Lightbulb tUMD @ UW-M - Don't worry Badger fans, Crandall won't be playing...

UMD is coming off a sweep at MTU and is riding a 12 game undefeated streak. UMD is 10-0-2 in their last 12. Playing very well right now.

UW-M is coming off a bye weekend. They swept the juggernaut of Mercyhurst the week before.

The Badgers are sweepable...but I bet they are still sore over last year and are going to come hungry. This will be a tough series for UMD. I am hoping for a split.

I am making my first roadie to Madison. I am very excited. Taking my undefeated new jerseys on the road
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Drunkard

Re: tUMD @ UW-M - Don't worry Badger fans, Crandall won't be playing...

"-M"? I didn't realize that the Milwaukee campus already had a team...

I think the Badgers will acquit themselves well this weekend. They're not as bad as their sub .500 RPI indicates, but they can be a little streaky. I'm cautiously optimistic (for a change) and feel good about at least stealing a split.

Is it Friday yet?

And while I will be in attendance and cheering my *** off for UW, I am not very optimistic for their chances. I will be THRILLED if the Badgers get a win; honestly, I will be fine if they manage to pull off a tie.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

I'm thinking a split. The Dog are playing great hockey, but all good things must come to an end.

I wish I was going to Badger land this weekend. Always seemed like a fun trip due to the large quantities of beer and general dislike of the gophers.
    UMD: tHobey Baker University.

Quote Originally Posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Is it Friday yet?

And while I will be in attendance and cheering my *** off for UW, I am not very optimistic for their chances. I will be THRILLED if the Badgers get a win; honestly, I will be fine if they manage to pull off a tie.
    All this time we've been playing this trip and you're not going to be a neutral observerer?! That's it. You're off the trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Biddco View Post
    All this time we've been playing this trip and you're not going to be a neutral observerer?! That's it. You're off the trip!
    Who the **** goes to a hockey game as a neutral observer? That's no fun... Cheer for well skilled plays and good sportsmanship?

Get me a game-worn Lamb jersey and MAYBE I'll think about cheering for Duluth

Who the **** goes to a hockey game as a neutral observer? That's no fun... Cheer for well skilled plays and good sportsmanship?

Get me a game-worn Lamb jersey and MAYBE I'll think about cheering for Duluth
    Me! :upset:

When it's two teams I don't like, I cheer for injuries or terrorist attacks. The latter might not be an attractive option for you if you're at said game.
    tUMD

Finally

Quote Originally Posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    "-M"? I didn't realize that the Milwaukee campus already had a team...

I think the Badgers will acquit themselves well this weekend. They're not as bad as their sub .500 RPI indicates, but they can be a little streaky. I'm cautiously optimistic (for a change) and feel good about at least stealing a split.
    He's new; cut him some slack.
    How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Finally

Someone without a horse in the race should be cheering for which ever team will help theirs the most by winning. Just my opinion.
    How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Quote Originally Posted by UMDbulldogs#1 View Post
    Someone without a horse in the race should be cheering for which ever team will help theirs the most by winning. Just my opinion.
    Good call; SCSU plays UW four times, tUMD twice and so UW wins will help our SOS more. Thanks for justifying my anti-Bulldogness this weekend

We'll be there Saturday night.

Good thing we thought to check the schedule, since the 8 pm start time is odd.

There's a 1:00 pm basketball game, but that doesn't usually change the start time, does it?
    It's a great day for hockey!

Who is Crandall...and who is this UW-M character?
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by solovsfett View Post
    Who is Crandall...and who is this UW-M character?
    University of Wisconsin - Madison

EVERY school has a city it is located in

So has Wisconsin's troubles been related to youth and inexperience?

Dammit, Gorilla!!
    Hometown: Plymouth, MN Currently: Champlin, M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A

The only time I enjoy that is at the Final Five....otherwise I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by beersong View Post
    When it's two teams I don't like, I cheer for injuries or terrorist attacks. The latter might not be an attractive option for you if you're at said game.
    If you are actually in the building, I would think you would deter from cheering for terrorist attacks yes?
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

MN Hockey Enthusiast

One of these games will be on the BTN, correct?

Enjoy that coverage

Gurtholfin

Quote Originally Posted by tristarscoop View Post
    We'll be there Saturday night.

Good thing we thought to check the schedule, since the 8 pm start time is odd.

There's a 1:00 pm basketball game, but that doesn't usually change the start time, does it?

Yeah, it takes a while to switch over. If the hoops game was at 11:00, they could start at 7:00.

Here's a video that shows the process...

******** class="restrain" title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PcNHljcyxGE?wmode=opaque" frameborder="0">

Getting bad rep since 1984
    I am hoping for a split, anything more would be gravy. Wisconsin has done well at home, and the Kohl Center isn't easy to play at to begin with.

Wisconsin fans: who do you like on your team? (besides Schultz, we all know he's good). Any emerging goal scorers? How's goaltending been?

Let's go RED!

Zengerlee has been super-creative as the first line C (7g 18a). I see a lot of Craig Smith in Barnes (7g 10a), who is a first line wing. Goaltending has been solid, no obviously softies and a few insanely great saves. UW's downfall will be thier PK, which is AWEFUL (73%). I see UMD's pk is ok (80%), and both teams have a 22% pp.

UW's youth has been an issue in as far as they don't come out and play hard right off the bat. The coaches have commented that this team practices harder than it plays in games.

UW has also been missing 2 players due to injury for most of the year, Lee, a talented jr F, and McCabe, a very talented fr D, which has thrusted more inexperienced and less talented players into the fray.

And yes, I want revenge for the screw job UW got last year in OT.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Banned

[QUOTE=Timothy A;5288868]Zengerlee has been super-creative as the first line C (7g 18a). I see a lot of Craig Smith in Barnes (7g 10a), who is a first line wing. Goaltending has been solid, no obviously softies and a few insanely great saves. UW's downfall will be thier PK, which is AWEFUL (73%). I see UMD's pk is ok (80%), and both teams have a 22% pp.

UW's youth has been an issue in as far as they don't come out and play hard right off the bat. The coaches have commented that this team practices harder than it plays in games.

UW has also been missing 2 players due to injury for most of the year, Lee, a talented jr F, and McCabe, a very talented fr D, which has thrusted more inexperienced and less talented players into the fray.

And yes, I want revenge for the screw job UW got last year in OT.[/QUOTE]

?

Thread Information