Austin Smith Colgate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Austin Smith Colgate

I believe RIT is the only Atlantic Hockey team to reach the FF. The ECAC wants to be considered with the WCHA, CCHA and Hockey East, no? It is by far #4 with no significant tournament results to point to over the past 10 years. I realize you're an ECAC guy, so it's hard for you to accept the fact that your conference is terrible, but it is what it is. But if you want to parse it so "the ECAC just isn't as good as the other three major conferences"...fine. That you can surely agree with.

So now you're bringing up the possibility that if Colgate played in Hockey East, Austin Smith could have 40 goals...exactly double what the leading goal scorer in Hockey East has? And that if UMD was in the ECAC, Connelly could have only 10? Ya, ok...

You are correct though, he does lead the nation in goals.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      I believe RIT is the only Atlantic Hockey team to reach the FF. The ECAC wants to be considered with the WCHA, CCHA and Hockey East, no? It is by far #4 with no significant tournament results to point to over the past 10 years. I realize you're an ECAC guy, so it's hard for you to accept the fact that your conference is terrible, but it is what it is. But if you want to parse it so "the ECAC just isn't as good as the other three major conferences"...fine. That you can surely agree with.

So now you're bringing up the possibility that if Colgate played in Hockey East, Austin Smith could have 40 goals...exactly double what the leading goal scorer in Hockey East has? And that if UMD was in the ECAC, Connelly could have only 10? Ya, ok...

You are correct though, he does lead the nation in goals.
      The ECAC is terrible? Tell that to UNH, UMass, Vermont, Merrimack, Providence and Northeastern; all teams that could not beat ECAC opponents this year. In-fact a 10-7-4 record for HE against ECAC competition, I guess from your perspective makes HE an "average" league? Is HE a better league - yes. However, the difference is not as great as you make it - you could make the case that the only difference year-in and year-out is BC/BU and sometimes UNH & Maine. Austin Smith lead Colgate to a 1-0-1 record against HE so far this year with at least a point a game. In 10 contests against non-ECAC competition, he is averaging 1.5 points a game. Regardless of who he plays against, he is extremely productive....I believe he controls his destiny. If he maintains his current performance and can lead Colgate far into the playoffs - he's the favorite!

Comment

Yes, the ECAC is terrible. That's already been established. It's been known for years. Any fan with half a brain would look at more than just one season's REGULAR SEASON results to determine if a conference was good or not. I mean, I could even understand you boasting if the ECAC had a winning record against Hockey East this year...but citing the fact your beloved league has a winning percentage under .500? LOL. Why don't you try looking at the bigger picture, like the national tournament, number of teams in the dance on a yearly basis and the results. When you do that, you'll realize that the ECAC is in fact terrible.

As for Smith, using two games is the epitome of a small sample size.

Comment

Austin Smith getting some love from College Hockey Weekly, in their "Hopeful Hobey" discussion...

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/Hobey-Hopeful.html
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            Austin Smith getting some love from College Hockey Weekly, in their "Hopeful Hobey" discussion...

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/Hobey-Hopeful.html
            You do realize spamming the board with requests to visit your website is a violation of the terms and conditions of this board, correct? Please stop.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
              You do realize spamming the board with requests to visit your website is a violation of the terms and conditions of this board, correct? Please stop.
              stop being your typical ********* self...
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Yes, the ECAC is terrible. That's already been established. It's been known for years. Any fan with half a brain would look at more than just one season's REGULAR SEASON results to determine if a conference was good or not. I mean, I could even understand you boasting if the ECAC had a winning record against Hockey East this year...but citing the fact your beloved league has a winning percentage under .500? LOL. Why don't you try looking at the bigger picture, like the national tournament, number of teams in the dance on a yearly basis and the results. When you do that, you'll realize that the ECAC is in fact terrible.

As for Smith, using two games is the epitome of a small sample size.
                I thought this thread was discussing the merits of Austin Smith's Hobey Baker candidacy? Consideration of head-to-head conference play including Colgate's team and Smith's individual performance does matter....regardless of history.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  stop being your typical ********* self...
                  I didn't write the rules, but I can see why they have that one. The constant spamming of his website is getting annoying.

Comment

1. My post was in relation to this thread, and not spam.
                    2. There was no request to visit the website.
                    3. I've told you this before, but apparently you can't seem to comprehend it... CollegeHockeyWeekly.com is not my website.
                    4. Consequently, there was no violation of the terms and conditions of this board.

I was merely posting a link where another website had Austin Smith as their leading candidate for Hobey. If you agree or don't agree with that premise, this is a great thread to discuss that. If you don't like the website...don't go to it.
                    North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                      1. My post was in relation to this thread, and not spam.
                      2. There was no request to visit the website.
                      3. I've told you this before, but apparently you can't seem to comprehend it... CollegeHockeyWeekly.com is not my website.
                      4. Consequently, there was no violation of the terms and conditions of this board.

I was merely posting a link where another website had Austin Smith as their leading candidate for Hobey. If you agree or don't agree with that premise, this is a great thread to discuss that. If you don't like the website...don't go to it.
                      You write for the website, and when you post links to the site over and over in multiple threads to advertise the site, it's called spamming.

Comment

• Re: Austin Smith Colgate

You write for the website, and when you post links to the site over and over in multiple threads to advertise the site, it's called spamming.
                        This thread is supposed to be about Austin Smith. Any time a kid puts up 32 goals in 30 games, he should be in the running for the award. I don't care if he plays in the ECAC or the WCHA. Smith has had a great year, and if he can get to 40, I think he has a tremendous shot at winning the award.

If you have a problem with me posting links, then report me to USCHO, and they can make the decision that they feel most comfortable with. I will abide by that decision. There is no reason to hijack yet another thread Jdubbs (BTW, also against USCHO Terms and Conditions).
                        North Dakota

Comment

well it certainly isn't spamming in this instance because it relates to the thread topic...you don't like FS23 and his lists so you constantly complain about it, thats way more annoying than him posting a link to something related to the topic at hand.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

you might find that the rules are different for people who are paying members of uscho...
                            they are allowed to spam, to plug political candidates, to troll...

is that a surprise?

when's the Smith Hat trick against a top 10 team coming?

DaCosta scored 5 in his very first game against Army... does Smith have a 5 goal game?

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                              you might find that the rules are different for people who are paying members of uscho...
                              they are allowed to spam, to plug political candidates, to troll...

is that a surprise?

when's the Smith Hat trick against a top 10 team coming?

DaCosta scored 5 in his very first game against Army... does Smith have a 5 goal game?
                              So DaCosta padded his stats against a weak opponent, and then you're asking how Smith has done against the top 10.

Double standard much?
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by nhmonarch View Post
                                I thought this thread was discussing the merits of Austin Smith's Hobey Baker candidacy? Consideration of head-to-head conference play including Colgate's team and Smith's individual performance does matter....regardless of history.
                                You thought correctly. However, we were specifically talking about the ECAC in comparison to the other leagues.

Comment

Working...
                                X