Austin Smith Colgate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Austin Smith Colgate

4 goals in 1 game is impressive, even thou the last 3 were weak as hell lol. 1 freebie with a bounce, 1 Dman from the other team slides him a beauty 1T infront of his own net. 30 Goals is impressive, didn't follow much last year, how come he only had 10?

Comment

I saw him at the RPI game and wanted to comment that I thought this kid was the real deal too. I heard all the hype, but like all talk wanted to see how much was warranted - and its spot on. He is just all over the ice. He hunts the puck. Not unwilling to play it with the boys along the boards, and yes, even mentioned to my son at one point that the guy with 4 goals in the game was backchecking to his blue line and stealing a puck away from an RPI guy. I was very impressed with him and Colgate in general. They looked really good and fast. Granted that RPI didnt, but you still have to play the game and they did. Good luck to him and the team. I for one am not looking forward to playing you guys again....

Comment

I haven't seen many other candidates but, he's one of the best I've seen in quite awhile ! I've watched college hockey for 50 years.
        Last edited by sshablak; 02-07-2012, 06:35 AM.
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Will he break Fridgen's record for single season goals ?

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
            Will he break Fridgen's record for single season goals ?
            Yes. He's got a good chance to get 40.

Didn't some of Fridgen's goals come against non-Division 1 teams? I remember Colgate used to play Hamilton College and Canadian college teams in Fridgen's day.

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
              Yes. He's got a good chance to get 40.

Didn't some of Fridgen's goals come against non-Division 1 teams? I remember Colgate used to play Hamilton College and Canadian college teams in Fridgen's day.
              Not Canadian teams....and they wouldn't count anyways. The D-2 teams back then could kick the butt of some of the ECAC D-1 teams that exist today!!
              I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                Not Canadian teams....and they wouldn't count anyways. The D-2 teams back then could kick the butt of some of the ECAC D-1 teams that exist today!!
                When did they start universally discounting those? Some teams' stats histories have discrepancies because they used to count non D-I teams.

Comment

I saw Bobby Meehan score six against Hamilton College at Starr. We used to play Middlebury, I remember Dates Fryberger an all american. Gate used to play the St Nick's hockey club every year from NYC.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    When did they start universally discounting those? Some teams' stats histories have discrepancies because they used to count non D-I teams.
                    When they realized you can't count a game on your record vs a non-sanctioned NCAA team.
                    I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                      When they realized you can't count a game on your record vs a non-sanctioned NCAA team.
                      My point is that they used to do that. I believe, during the Fridgen era, they did do that.

Comment

The kid I saw at HFH this weekend was a top 6 forward on most AHL teams. Speed on top of speed --he was all over the ice. The week before I think he had 2 G (1SH), 1A in a weekend sweep against Cornell. He reminds me a lot of David McIntyre but with more speed and polish. (McIntyre has done just fine in the AHL, as well as few call ups to the show.)
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

INCH has him as #1 Hobey candidate this week !!

Comment

Ya, but how many goals would he score in a real conference?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              look at how many he has scored against Union

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Just a little less probably. And in regards to Union, they've only played once. Reserve judgement until the reg. season is over.
                                Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Working...
                                X