Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Msu-el @ nmu, 11/18,19

  1. #1
    occupe toi de tes oignons owslachief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    East Lansing
    Posts
    7,204

    Msu-el @ nmu, 11/18,19

    The wheels on the Spartan bus will go round and round all the way to Marquette. That's right, the visitors will make that 7-hour trek this year. I guess this is all part of the continuing tough-guy challenge - but maybe MSU's saving a few drachma to build that sparkly new arena.

    Anyhoo, will the Olympic-sized rink be site of an ambush by the cranky wildcats, who are in a mild tailspin?

    As Tim "tDean" Staudt would sign off, "only time will tell"

  2. #2
    Really??!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Great white north
    Posts
    1,934

    Re: Msu-el @ nmu, 11/18,19

    But aren't like minded schools WI, UM, MSU supposed to fly to the UP? Or is MSU special?

  3. #3
    On any given night...
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    2,343

    Re: Msu-el @ nmu, 11/18,19

    The Saturday Nov. 19th game will be on FSD at 7:30pm.
    *******https://www.ccha.com/assets/1/workflow_staging/Events/600x90/18714.JPG********

  4. #4
    Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...
    Posts
    5,577

    Re: Msu-el @ nmu, 11/18,19

    Quote Originally Posted by aygwm2 View Post
    The Saturday Nov. 19th game will be on FSD at 7:30pm.
    *******https://www.ccha.com/assets/1/workflow_staging/Events/600x90/18714.JPG********
    This is key... Can not wait to watch the game on Saturday night at a local establishment...
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

    Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

    Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

    Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Living from my car
    Posts
    22,885

    Re: Msu-el @ nmu, 11/18,19

    Quote Originally Posted by aygwm2 View Post
    The Saturday Nov. 19th game will be on FSD at 7:30pm.
    *******https://www.ccha.com/assets/1/workflow_staging/Events/600x90/18714.JPG********
    Reminder, it's FSDet+.... We're on the PLUS station that night, NOT FSDetroit.

    FSDetroit is already in the area filming for the MHSAA, so they decided to stick around and put the MSU game on since the equipment is already in the area.

    For those of you who have idiots running the TV's at your local establishment who can't seem to find hockey. Ever. ( "What game? Oh we don't get that channel.")

    FS Detroit + is on:
    DirecTV Channel 664
    Dish Network *varies*
    Check here before you head out: https://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/pages/fsdplus/

    Oh, and it's in glorious Standard Definition.
    Last edited by aparch; 11-16-2011 at 04:35 PM.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

    Live Radio from 100.3

  6. #6
    I wouldn't send my cat to LSCC
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    388

    Re: Msu-el @ nmu, 11/18,19

    This is likely a stretch, but would anyone on here have any ideas on how I could watch this in Milwaukee?

    I only have Time Warner Cable, and have no way to get it at home.....
    Wildcat Hockey!

    B.S. NMU 11'
    M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

  7. #7
    On any given night...
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    2,343

    Re: Msu-el @ nmu, 11/18,19

    Wildpantswilly --

    I don't know about TV channels, but you can stream the games this weekend on America One for $8 a game if you follow this link:
    *******https://webb.nmu.edu/SportsAthletics/Sports/Components-SportHP/SportHPButtons/btn_watch.png******** If you have any questions let me know. https://webb.nmu.edu/SportsAthletics/WatchTheGame.shtml or this if that doesn't work.
    Last edited by aygwm2; 11-16-2011 at 06:43 PM.

  8. #8
    I wouldn't send my cat to LSCC
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    388

    Re: Msu-el @ nmu, 11/18,19

    aygwm2 - I was hoping to catch it at a bar or something. I have been using my office to watch the games lately, but it has been getting quite expensive.

    It seems impossible to watch the game in MKE considering I have had a hell of a time finding Red Wings games here too..... First-world problems
    Wildcat Hockey!

    B.S. NMU 11'
    M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    318

    Re: Msu-el @ nmu, 11/18,19

    Try Buffalo Wild Wings, they're usually pretty good about getting games. There must be a few in the milwaukee area.

  10. #10
    Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...
    Posts
    5,577

    Re: Msu-el @ nmu, 11/18,19

    Quote Originally Posted by NMUFAN21 View Post
    Try Buffalo Wild Wings, they're usually pretty good about getting games. There must be a few in the milwaukee area.
    Most sports bars with a "Sports Pack" should have FSD+....

    https://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/pages/channelfinder/

    That is the link for their channel listings for various cable/satellite providers... Just call ahead, and most bars can get you an answer if they have the channel or not... You might need to suggest the channel # based on their provider, so have the link handy... Usually if they have FSD, they should have FSD+... Most "Chain" sports bars (BWW, Tilted Kilt, Hooters, Applebee's, Etc.) should be able to accommodate you... Just be sure to offer a decent tip with your 1st round to ensure that you can keep a TV turned to the game...
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

    Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

    Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

    Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

  11. #11
    I wouldn't send my cat to LSCC
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    388

    Re: Msu-el @ nmu, 11/18,19

    Quote Originally Posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Most sports bars with a "Sports Pack" should have FSD+....

    https://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/pages/channelfinder/

    That is the link for their channel listings for various cable/satellite providers... Just call ahead, and most bars can get you an answer if they have the channel or not... You might need to suggest the channel # based on their provider, so have the link handy... Usually if they have FSD, they should have FSD+... Most "Chain" sports bars (BWW, Tilted Kilt, Hooters, Applebee's, Etc.) should be able to accommodate you... Just be sure to offer a decent tip with your 1st round to ensure that you can keep a TV turned to the game...
    Thanks guys, I appreciate your help.

    I'm hoping for a sweep this weekend, this team has to keep up the momentum at home. The crowds give them an enormous home rink advantage, and it is attracting new underclass fans, which could really help the program going forward.

    Let's go Cats!
    Wildcat Hockey!

    B.S. NMU 11'
    M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Decorah, IA
    Posts
    8

    Re: Msu-el @ nmu, 11/18,19

    If I recall correctly, does FSD+ have a Live Web Stream? Seems I remember watching the 'Cats take on Ferris State two seasons ago on FSD+ web stream. Anyone know for sure?

  13. #13
    occupe toi de tes oignons owslachief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    East Lansing
    Posts
    7,204

    Re: Msu-el @ nmu, 11/18,19

    Not to gloat - ok scre3 that I'm gloating:

    Mid-to-SE Michigan residents can, in addition to viewing MSU-NMU in standard 2D vision, can (if you're a Comcats subscriber) watch Saturday's game on stunning HD 2D! on ch.707 Fox Sports Detroit Plus HD. Standard-vision on channel 901 w/ a repeat on channel 201 at 12:30 am on Sunday ... just in case you didn't believe what you just saw

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Marquette, MI
    Posts
    6,560

    Re: Msu-el @ nmu, 11/18,19

    Quote Originally Posted by owslachief View Post
    The wheels on the Spartan bus will go round and round all the way to Marquette. That's right, the visitors will make that 7-hour trek this year. I guess this is all part of the continuing tough-guy challenge - but maybe MSU's saving a few drachma to build that sparkly new arena.

    Anyhoo, will the Olympic-sized rink be site of an ambush by the cranky wildcats, who are in a mild tailspin?

    As Tim "tDean" Staudt would sign off, "only time will tell"
    Yeah, the "grueling" 7 hour trip must have been something. I heard they made it a 3 day trek with overnight stops in Gaylord and Seney on the way!
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

  15. #15
    occupe toi de tes oignons owslachief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    East Lansing
    Posts
    7,204

    Re: Msu-el @ nmu, 11/18,19

    Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    Yeah, the "grueling" 7 hour trip must have been something. I heard they made it a 3 day trek with overnight stops in Gaylord and Seney on the way!
    Ooooh that doesn't leave much time for dilly-dallying.

  16. #16
    occupe toi de tes oignons owslachief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    East Lansing
    Posts
    7,204

    Re: Msu-el @ nmu, 11/18,19

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantswilly View Post
    Thanks guys, I appreciate your help.

    I'm hoping for a sweep this weekend, this team has to keep up the momentum at home. The crowds give them an enormous home rink advantage, and it is attracting new underclass fans, which could really help the program going forward.

    Let's go Cats!
    We like it. May we have some more?

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    568

    Re: Msu-el @ nmu, 11/18,19

    Just another travesty from the great leader walt kyle!!!!!

  18. #18
    On any given night...
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    2,343

    Re: Msu-el @ nmu, 11/18,19

    Right now, I suppose there's plenty of blame to go around with this current squad, especially with "bike-gate" and all the conspiracy theories floating around, and the 18-1/2 minute gap in the tapes, and all the cover up, and pretty soon Woodward and Bernstein. But I think Coach Kyle put a positive spin on last nights MSU game. See recap and interviews at the Mining Journal's sit https://www.miningjournal.net/page/co....html?nav=5010 . And, aren't there 25 players on this team? I wasn't watching last nights game real close, but I see defensive breakdowns quite a bit--and not with the defensemen so much, but with wingers back-checking. Plus this team does not seem to do a very good job of transitioning out of their own zone. The first goal of the night by Krug--he was all alone on the weak side of a rush by MSU. Then just minutes later Kesti takes an elbowing penalty--not a good way to start a game. I missed the 36 second goal to start the 2nd period--how did that happen? NMU down by two right off the bat in the second period and then they don't score until late in the third period to move within one. They seem to be back on their heels and playing catch-up much of the time--that's tough to sustain throughout a season. They beat St. Cloud early in the season--and look at St. Cloud they've been a .500 club and then beat Minnesota last night. Like the Mining Journal says: "Puck luck not going the way of NMU hockey team".

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    T.C.
    Posts
    282

    Re: Msu-el @ nmu, 11/18,19

    I hope the Cats can end their drought tonight. Will be home with my little one watching it on TV. Last nights game NMU at least had more SOG... it is just too bad it wasn't a win.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9

    Re: Msu-el @ nmu, 11/18,19

    Quote Originally Posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
    Just another travesty from the great leader walt kyle!!!!!
    Totally agree.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •