X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread Part Deux

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
    I think the most appropriate word to describe Trivino is...immature...Met him several times and he seems like a good kid, but immature (even for a 21 year-old). Immaturity mixed with alcohol can lead to very stupid decisions.
    If this was your daughter and a 21 year old was arrested for, "charged with two counts of breaking and entering in the nighttime and one count of assault with attempt to rape."

Would you say, he is just immature? In her room and not safe? Judges look at this in the same light as home invasion and in Massachusetts it is sacred ground and will not get brushed under the rug. All of this is of course if it is true. Clearly you need to let it sort itself out but any benefit of the doubt would go to the young lady who did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      Nick, if this was a random student that broke into a young girls room and groped her, would you feel bad for him? You have to be kidding me.
      How about we just hold all judgement until after it is settled. After many, many chances and slap on the wrists, you tend to move off that position. These are just the ones made public. Hold all judgement and hope for best but to feel sorry for someone who has been given everything for years and over and over again takes it for granted. I feel sorry for the kid at BU who kills himself every day and works a job or 2 to pay his tuition and have his future school contributions fund scholarships like this.
      We feel bad because it is an unfortunate story. He deservedly got booted off the team and will face his due penalties. At minimum, his college career is ruined and he is going to have to work his way for the legal system. Yes, we get the big picture that he has probably been coddled and enabled much of his life, but it is sad when it is a case where someone has a problem with alcohol. I am hoping that he is not a bad young adult sober and can turn things around with some help. I am glad it was not worse like actual rape or DUI crash, etc.
      Last edited by Tater; 12-13-2011, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Surprised Rover of all people hasn't brought up former BC football player, Brady Smith. Sounds very familiar to this Trivino story. Both were booted, obviously. Just another reminder that this can happen anywhere at any time. The act itself isn't a statement about the university. It's about the individual. That's always been my point.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Surprised Rover of all people hasn't brought up former BC football player, Brady Smith. Sounds very familiar to this Trivino story. Both were booted, obviously. Just another reminder that this can happen anywhere at any time. The act itself isn't a statement about the university. It's about the individual. That's always been my point.
          I'm surprised you of all people aren't b*tching that there is a picture of a BU player on the front page of USCHO!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
            I'm surprised you of all people aren't b*tching that there is a picture of a BU player on the front page of USCHO!!
            USCHO? Surely that's not the name of this site. Get it right. Hey, at least they're being consistent...

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              This is truly upsetting news. I hope the victim is OK - kudos to her for calling the police. So many times people are afraid to do that.
              Well said. I'm glad she was strong enough and had enough support to feel comfortable coming forward and getting justice.

The act itself isn't a statement about the university. It's about the individual. That's always been my point.
              Another great point. Appreciate the class.
              Boston University 2009 Champs
              Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                Oh boo hoo hoo. We were all that age and we all got boozed up on a regular basis. I don't recall any of us breaking into a dorm room and assaulting a co-ed. This kid is already getting too much of a break from my fellow BU fans (and even some non-BU fans).
                Not too many here are giving him a break at all. If you want to see that, check out the posts from fans on the Islanders Lighthouse blog.

Comment

Its more of a recurring theme at BC, but that's not the point. Can't believe I'm saying this, but Hokydad has been 100% correct in his comments. The fact that its an attempted rape and not an actual one gets Trivino no credit. Not sure why people are minimizing his actions. Also, the freakin' guy is 21 years old, as in he's an adult. As Hokydad just said, if some random guy broke into a home at night in the 'burbs and started assaulting a women living there, how many of you would be trotting out these nonsensical "oh its a shame he has a problem with alcohol" arguments. Like he's a swell guy normally, but add booze and he becomes a rapist? Puleeze. Trivino deserves all the scorn and humiliation as well as legal sanctions that are coming his way.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
                    Not too many here are giving him a break at all. If you want to see that, check out the posts from fans on the Islanders Lighthouse blog.
                    Wow, wish I didn't read that
                    #OneKnight

Comment

We don't need to go there again, but I can only remember this particular kind of incident with Brady Smith. Like in this case, that shouldn't have been a referendum on the institution.

Wonder if a conversation took place between Parker and Trivino...

Comment

Honestly feel bad for a guy who gets drunk and tries to rape an innocent girl in the middle of the night? Really? He deserves whatever punishment he gets, because she will be far more psychologically damaged.
                        Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                        Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

An article with a brief look at how it might play out for BU. It's important to talk about the charges but it's also important to remember that he is always innocent until proven guilty and that the justice system is in place for this reason. We should not jump to conclusions that he is a rapist or anything until he is given his day in court. It is very unbecoming of people to call him otherwise until the evidence is presented to us in a court of law.

To the rink... what does BU do to replace him or at least try to move on?

http://excalibursportspage.com/2011/...-for-terriers/
                          Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

More detailed account from the police report from the Freep if anyone wants to see...

http://dailyfreepress.com/2011/12/13/breaking-corey-trivino-kicked-off-bu-hockey-team-2/
                            Boston University 2009 Champs
                            Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

That just makes me ill.

Is breaking and entering at night that different than breaking and entering in the day time? It seems like an odd way to address that charge.

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                                More detailed account from the police report from the Freep if anyone wants to see...

http://dailyfreepress.com/2011/12/13/breaking-corey-trivino-kicked-off-bu-hockey-team-2/
                                Not good. Bottom line - you booze, you lose.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X