Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official Thread of Poker

Lowball? It's all about HORSE.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      This might have been the furthest into the archives I've had to dig to find a thread, but imho it was worth it.

Doyle Brunson, soon to turn 85 years old, and considered by many to be the godfather of professional poker, announced that he is retiring from professional poker this summer.

On the encouragement of his son, Todd Brunson (also a professional poker player), Doyle signed up for one last event at this year's World Series of Poker in Las Vegas. The $10,000 2-7 Lowball event is considered by many poker professionals to still be the most prestigious title in the World Series of Poker, and Doyle decide to play one last time.

They are down to the final 11 players in the event, and Doyle sits fifth in chips, with his son Todd also still alive in 9th place.

http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/upda...1487&tid=16423
      Wow, 2012!
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Liquor in the front
        Poker in the rear
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Actually following the WSOP Main Event as coworker/friend is playing in it (he won a tournament here for his buy-in). He’s 25th in chips right now after Day 2B
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Actually following the WSOP Main Event as coworker/friend is playing in it (he won a tournament here for his buy-in). He’s 25th in chips right now after Day 2B
            When I'm at the local watering hole, they have it on the tv. Trying to find updates on the ESPN site has been laughable, especially when they are airing it.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              When I'm at the local watering hole, they have it on the tv. Trying to find updates on the ESPN site has been laughable, especially when they are airing it.
              http://www.wsop.com

That’s what I use.
              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Phil is Phil. https://nypost.com/2018/07/10/poker-...nother-player/

Comment

How did your friend end up doing?
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Down to 12. That escalated quickly. Thank you, blinds, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      To his credit, he admitted later he was out of line. He also paid to have the player entered in next year's main event.

Also, he picked up bracelet number 15 last night.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        How did your friend end up doing?
                        357th or somewhere around there. Finished ITM.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

357th or somewhere around there. Finished ITM.
                          Nice

Comment

I have a first cousin whom I've barely met who won it at age 25 in the 90s some time. I don't think he has placed high in quite some time, though.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              I have a first cousin whom I've barely met who won it at age 25 in the 90s some time. I don't think he has placed high in quite some time, though.
                              Is that right, the Main Event? I know Huck Seed won it in the '90's and was something like 26 or 27, but I'm not sure any of the other champions from the 90's were in that age range.

Comment

By the way, the final hand last night (or early this morning) to get down to the final table was crazy. Essentially three players went all in, putting $112 million in chips into the pot. The player, of the three, that had the most chips had two kings. The player, of the three, who had the least chips, had the other two kings. The third player had pocket aces. Pretty much a dream scenario for him. Knocked out one player, severely crippled the other, and vaulted himself into the chip lead with 25%+ of the total chips in play.

Comment

Working...
                                X