Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Top 25 College Hockey Teams of the NCAA Era

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
    Looks like you're the one without a sense of humor pal.

And FYI.. I wasn't even trying to get involved in whatever discussion you were having. Just commenting on how you always seem to show up to try and minimize any Gopher accomplishment, and rationalize any Sioux mistake.

I was half joking when I said it, but after seeing your response, I think you clearly need the criticism.

Lighten up Fransis. My God.
    oooohhhhhh!!!! You lighten up, I was laughing when I typed that response... Actually this is the week I will minimize the Goofs accomplishments.
    Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
    Eric's Twitter
    The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      But if you ask anyone on this board how many titles Minnesota has they'll say 5. And that's great, but sorry it's not as many as UND, Denver, Michigan, or Wisconsin. That's just the way it is. And yes Minnesota did win two this decade. But, UND won one in the late 90's, Michigan won one in the late 90's, Denver won two after Minnesota won their two, and Wisconsin won one after Minnesota did. So, it's not like Minnesota is gaining ground. Yes, we have a lot be be pround about, but so do they and in the era that everyone cares about this is his list. You want to make a list then go right ahead and make one.
      That was an awesome post actually...
      Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
      Eric's Twitter
      The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

He ignores it because no one besides Minnesota fans care about it. Sorry, them's the breaks. I think Minnesota only hangs 6 banners in Mariucci (not 7 like you're saying above). One for the 1940 team. But if you ask anyone on this board how many titles Minnesota has they'll say 5. And that's great, but sorry it's not as many as UND, Denver, Michigan, or Wisconsin. That's just the way it is. And yes Minnesota did win two in the ought's. But, UND won one in the late 90's, Michigan won one in the late 90's, Denver won two after Minnesota won their two, and Wisconsin won one after Minnesota did. So, it's not like Minnesota is gaining ground. Yes, we have a lot be be pround about, but so do they and in the era that everyone cares about this is his list. You want to make a list then go right ahead and make one.
        Just for argument sake: Ask those Badger fans how many Championships the Packers have. (Not SB wins) Seems like I hear the total number of championships from a WI resident a helluva lot more often than I hear how many SB wins they have... So it all depends on the topic and how it best reflects the team/fan base(s).

Comment

Originally posted by mariucci View Post
          Just for argument sake: Ask those Badger fans how many Championships the Packers have. (Not SB wins) Seems like I hear the total number of championships from a WI resident a helluva lot more often than I hear how many SB wins they have... So it all depends on the topic and how it best reflects the team/fan base(s).
          That's funny. The Packers fans I know only bring up that they've won a Super Bowl and the Vikes haven't. That's enough. I don't give a rip how many NFL titles they have.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by mariucci View Post
            HUGE difference though...A Super Bowl title IS an NFL Championship. An AAU title is NOT an NCAA Title.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              He ignores it because no one besides Minnesota fans care about it. Sorry, them's the breaks. I think Minnesota only hangs 6 banners in Mariucci (not 7 like you're saying above). One for the 1940 team. But if you ask anyone on this board how many titles Minnesota has they'll say 5. And that's great, but sorry it's not as many as UND, Denver, Michigan, or Wisconsin. That's just the way it is. And yes Minnesota did win two in the ought's. But, UND won one in the late 90's, Michigan won one in the late 90's, Denver won two after Minnesota won their two, and Wisconsin won one after Minnesota did. So, it's not like Minnesota is gaining ground. Yes, we have a lot be be pround about, but so do they and in the era that everyone cares about this is his list. You want to make a list then go right ahead and make one.
              We hang 6 banners because the 1929 championship was shared. And I think I clearly stated that I realize this thread only looks at NCAA era team's, and I think I clearly stated that I have no problem with that.

I was just calling a spade a spade and pointing out the reason he continuously ignores this era is because it doesn't benefit his team. Lord knows this era would be included if it did.

But if this list isn't open to criticism, I'll move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                HUGE difference though...A Super Bowl title IS an NFL Championship. An AAU title is NOT an NCAA Title.
                I disagree with this conclusion. An NFL Championship is NOT the same as a Super Bowl. Never has been, never will be.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  You're right. No college hockey was ever played pre-NCAA, so we should just erase those records from the history books.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    That's funny. The Packers fans I know only bring up that they've won a Super Bowl and the Vikes haven't. That's enough. I don't give a rip how many NFL titles they have.
                    Ha! You clearly don't know many Packer fans Scooby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goon View Post
                      oooohhhhhh!!!! You lighten up, I was laughing when I typed that response... Actually this is the week I will minimize the Goofs accomplishments.
                      Made no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                        we hang 6 banners because the 1929 championship was shared. And I think I clearly stated that I realize this thread only looks at NCAA era team's, and I think I clearly stated that I have no problem with that.

I was just calling a spade a spade and pointing out the reason he continuously ignores this era is because it doesn't benefit his team. Lord knows this era would be included if it did.

But if this list isn't open to criticism, I'll move on.
                        Please create a formula that can accurately apply to both teams from the pre-NCAA era to teams from the NCAA era. I'll gladly post those numbers as well if the formula is reasonable.
                        North Dakota

Comment

I disagree with this conclusion. An NFL Championship is NOT the same as a Super Bowl. Never has been, never will be.
                          Not my conclusion. I said a Super Bowl title is an NFL Championship, and never mentioned anything about the other way around.
                          North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            Not my conclusion. I said a Super Bowl title is an NFL Championship, and never mentioned anything about the other way around.
                            Doesn't work either direction. Never did, never will.

Comment

Doesn't work either direction. Never did, never will.
                              A Super Bowl title is not an NFL Title?
                              North Dakota

Comment

Shannanigans...

Credibility requires honesty. But then again "ignorance is bliss"

Comment

Working...
                                X