Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Top 25 College Hockey Teams of the NCAA Era

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    I'll add that there is a dominance portion to the formula as well that seemed to be overlooked. .... The Spartans piled up points by beating a lot of NCAA Tournament teams, and beating them convincingly.
    I know you said you'd answer questions about specific teams after the complete list has been unveiled, and so I'll make this a more general question....

If a team wins three regular season games against teams that made the NCAA tournament, does it make any difference in your formula whether it is the same team three times or whether it is three different teams once each?
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
      I know you said you'd answer questions about specific teams after the complete list has been unveiled, and so I'll make this a more general question....

If a team wins three regular season games against teams that made the NCAA tournament, does it make any difference in your formula whether it is the same team three times or whether it is three different teams once each?
      It can. If Team A beats Team B (.800 win %) three times, it will be better than if Team A beat Team C (.800), Team D(.700) and Team E (.700). Working the other way around, it would be better to beat Teams C, D, and E once each than to beat Team F (.700) three times. The main reason behind this is due to the SOS component of the Conference Strength.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I think a breakdown of how many Canadians it took to reach such a prestigeous level of superiority should be tallied.. Currently 11 on the Sioux roster (thats gotta be the most in the NCAA, or close)..

Just curious, what did the Sioux fans think of the boo'ing of the US team during the WJ's, confusion? Sing along with "goodbye" or turn cheek?

And what team logo will be plagiarized next by UND? How about the Fighting Canucks, that would be perfectly fitting.. You could make the ND intertwined exactly like Notre Dame, and use the Canucks NHL logo.. That may last for another 30yrs until someone notices eh..
        Last edited by mariucci; 01-06-2012, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mariucci View Post
          I think a breakdown of how many Canadians it took to reach such a prestigeous level of superiority should be tallied.. Currently 11 on the Sioux roster (thats gotta be the most in the NCAA, or close)..

Just curious, what did the Sioux fans think of the boo'ing of the US team during the WJ's, confusion? Sing along with "goodbye" or turn cheek?

And what team logo will be plagiarized next by UND? How about the Fighting Canucks, that would be perfectly fitting.. You could make the ND intertwined exactly like Notre Dame, and use the Canucks NHL logo.. That may last for another 30yrs until someone notices eh..
          Aren't you the same joker that whines about people making fun of the beloved Goofers?
          "My greatest achievement."
          Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
            Aren't you the same joker that whines about people making fun of the beloved Goofers?

pffft, upset over what? a fkn nuck hack job trying to talk **** about the Gophs?

Let me slow this down for you and the hack, ANY program can plagiarize a school logo, bring in a bunch of Nucks and Minnesotans, rewrap em and call it their own. Good luck with the new logo, i'm sure it wont take long to find a new one, theres plenty out there to choose from..

Comment

pffft, upset over what? a fkn nuck hack job trying to talk **** about the Gophs?

Let me slow this down for you and the hack, ANY program can plagiarize a school logo, bring in a bunch of Nucks and Minnesotans, rewrap em and call it their own. Good luck with the new logo, i'm sure it wont take long to find a new one, theres plenty out there to choose from..
              plagiarize? that's a new one...
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

No need to slow it down officer. I know what you are trying to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  plagiarize? that's a new one...
                  Are you implying that you were unaware of the similarities? Or the "influence" Notre Dame had on the Fighting Canucks moniker? I realize Wiki is as about as reliable as the Sioux are at supporting the growth of Hockey in ND (those kids must be amped to have the opportunity to play for such a powerhouse team, well atleast 1 had the opportunity recently).. But here goes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_D...Fighting_Sioux

Comment

Are you implying that you were unaware of the similarities? Or the "influence" Notre Dame had on the Fighting Canucks moniker? I realize Wiki is as about as reliable as the Sioux are at supporting the growth of Hockey in ND (those kids must be amped to have the opportunity to play for such a powerhouse team, well atleast 1 had the opportunity recently).. But here goes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_D...Fighting_Sioux
                    I'm very unaware. Please explain further.

Comment

In The Hobbit, didn't the trolls turn to stone if they were outside when the sun came up?

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                        In The Hobbit, didn't the trolls turn to stone if they were outside when the sun came up?
                        They did. Hopefully rinkpig lite will too.
                        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

I think a breakdown of how many Canadians it took to reach such a prestigeous level of superiority should be tallied.. Currently 11 on the Sioux roster (thats gotta be the most in the NCAA, or close)...
                          You say that like its a bad thing. As a Cornellian, I'm proud of the talent we have drawn from Canada over the years. Currently we have 13 Canadians on our squad. I mean we also recruit all over the US (I seriously doubt anyone has more gulf coast players than our current four). But don't act like you not having Canadians on your team makes you any better than the rest of the College Hockey world. In fact I'm more impressed when a school can convince Canadian recruits to skip Major Junior and come the NCAA route.

Comment

For those following this thread, #9 was scheduled to be released today. Unfortunately, my grandfather passed away on Friday, and I am currently away from my computer. As a result, #9 will be delayed. I will post here when it will be released, along with a revised schedule for the rest of the top 10 squads.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                              For those following this thread, #9 was scheduled to be released today. Unfortunately, my grandfather passed away on Friday, and I am currently away from my computer. As a result, #9 will be delayed. I will post here when it will be released, along with a revised schedule for the rest of the top 10 squads.
                              Sorry to hear of your grandfather's passing. Hope you and your family find solace at this time.
                              NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                                Sorry to hear of your grandfather's passing. Hope you and your family find solace at this time.
                                Yes. More of same sentiment.

Comment

Working...
                                X