X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>>>> RIT Tigers 2011-2012 <<<<< Dreaming is Done, Time to ROAR

Originally posted by Chris Lerch View Post
    The word is Notre Dame will announce a move to Hockey East on Wednesday. HE will then most likely poach a team from ECAC, probably RPI or Quinnipiac. That opens a spot in ECAC and I think RIT goes for it. Your heard it here first - RIT in ECAC in 2013.
    What would he-who-should-not-be-named think (and us old-timers know who this is )
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
      That info is never made public, no should it. Most likely broke team rules. Them not playing was their punishment.
      Then how do you know that it was a disciplinary punishment...? Where do you find out about what injuries our team has? (I assume you know it's not an injury because you can see injuries somewhere?)
      2010 Frozen Four/National Semi-Finalists!
      2011 (Dec) Catamount Cup Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by redhotzep96 View Post
        Then how do you know that it was a disciplinary punishment...? Where do you find out about what injuries our team has? (I assume you know it's not an injury because you can see injuries somewhere?)
        Injuries aren't usually listed. It is typically word of mouth, and as a radio commentator for WITR and a writer for this site, I would say Chris Lerch has some pretty reliable sources.
        Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
        College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
        Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
        Men's Frozen Four 2010
        Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
        Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by redhotzep96 View Post
          Yeah, I really think people need to stop questioning the goaltender situation. Yes we have 3 goalies with the ability to do fairly well up to incredible, but it's Madolora's position and it's not going to anyone else anytime soon.
          Sorry to keep beating on the dead horse, but it should be pointed out that Madalora is considered among the elite of the country, even on this site, which tends to be a bit tougher on some of the schools/players that aren't in the "Big 4" conferences, than some of the competitors out there.

http://www.uscho.com/2011/09/26/ten-...s-for-2011-12/
          RIT Tiger Hockey
          Cinderella is dancing again!

Comment

Originally posted by dpm105 View Post
            Sorry to keep beating on the dead horse, but it should be pointed out that Madalora is considered among the elite of the country, even on this site, which tends to be a bit tougher on some of the schools/players that aren't in the "Big 4" conferences, than some of the competitors out there.

http://www.uscho.com/2011/09/26/ten-...s-for-2011-12/
            I agree. I still don't get all this talk of rotating or platooning with one of the best goaltenders in the nation and THE best in AHA. Doesn't make sense.
            I can see Coach Wilson giving # 2 some playing time early in the season and/or in NC games later just for the sake of giving him some time in net and keeping Shane fresh for the stretch run. But aside from a complete collapse in his game (or an injury, obviously), there's no way I see him being considered anything but the clear # 1.
            Can't we all just get along?
            Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

If he platoons with another goalie, say, Ruby, and Ruby puts up better numbers than I'm all for Madolora losing the starting job. He's a great goaltender, the numbers prove it, but if Ruby can be even better, then so be it. Madolora probably will start against Niagara because it is an important game, even if it's the first of the season. I'm much more interested in whether Ruby or Watson get the start at BCA.

I definitely expect to see a 2 man platoon until around December, same as last year, and then the #1 will get most of the starts in the second half.
              RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                I definitely expect to see a 2 man platoon until around December, same as last year, and then the #1 will get most of the starts in the second half.
                Really? I just don't get it. Yes, of course in OOC play I think we will see the other two, but unless Madalora is just plain awful, he has to be the #1 guy.

I'm much more interested in whether Ruby or Watson get the start at BCA.
                I know this is the fan in me talking, but I can't help but wish we could just have Madalora in net for BCH. I am pretty sick and tired of poor performance at BCA. Not to mention I think it's tough to play in a (hopefully) sold out game like that early in your collegiate career. That being said, I am sure we will see Ruby or Watson for that game, and probably Union.
                RIT Tiger Hockey
                Cinderella is dancing again!

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                  Injuries aren't usually listed. It is typically word of mouth, and as a radio commentator for WITR and a writer for this site, I would say Chris Lerch has some pretty reliable sources.
                  Before each broadcast, we ask the coaching staff or sports information staff why people aren't in the line up. They tell us what they can. Privacy rules limit the amount they can say about injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by dpm105 View Post
                    Really? I just don't get it. Yes, of course in OOC play I think we will see the other two, but unless Madalora is just plain awful, he has to be the #1 guy.

I know this is the fan in me talking, but I can't help but wish we could just have Madalora in net for BCH. I am pretty sick and tired of poor performance at BCA. Not to mention I think it's tough to play in a (hopefully) sold out game like that early in your collegiate career. That being said, I am sure we will see Ruby or Watson for that game, and probably Union.
                    Yes, really. Madolora was clearly the better to Jani very early on last year, but Wilson kept the platoon going until December when the battle for standings really heated up. Wilson has said so many times so far that there is no set #1 starter, so I'm not sure why you and others are completely positive it's Madolora. If it was, Wilson would say so, yes?

Since the Blue Cross game realistically means very little, I'd personally rather see Ruby play it because I think he has amazing potential and could just as easily win the game as Madolora, provided our offense shows up. We know what Madolora can do, we know he will probably end up playing the majority of games for us, so I'm all for letting Ruby play wherever possible. Still don't like Watson, though..
                    RIT

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                      Before each broadcast, we ask the coaching staff or sports information staff why people aren't in the line up. They tell us what they can. Privacy rules limit the amount they can say about injuries.
                      Well, privacy rules and the traditional reticence about hockey injuries. Everything is always upper body or lower body.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lerch View Post
                        The word is Notre Dame will announce a move to Hockey East on Wednesday. HE will then most likely poach a team from ECAC, probably RPI or Quinnipiac. That opens a spot in ECAC and I think RIT goes for it. Your heard it here first - RIT in ECAC in 2013.
                        Then let me be the first to say ... "woo hoo!!"

I think RIT in ECAC would be awesome both in terms of hockey and in terms of hanging out with high-academic-profile schools. I think it is the perfect place for RIT hockey to be in the long run. I hope it comes true and also agree that RIT will jump on it if a spot opens and the ECAC is receptive. We have a President and others who understand the significance of that change and who won't let that opportunity pass again.

And on the platooning goalies, I believe I heard Coach Wilson say there was a good chance of that on the post-game show. My guess would be Madalora & Ruby.
                        -M

Comment

Yes, really. Madolora was clearly the better to Jani very early on last year
                          Jani played pretty wiell for good chunks of the early season, so I don't think it was CLEARLY better. Madolora was better, but it's not like Ropponen was bad. The second AIC game was really the turning point and the only game that Jani did not play well. After that, it was all Madolora.
                          2010 Frozen Four participant

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                            Jani played pretty wiell for good chunks of the early season, so I don't think it was CLEARLY better. Madolora was better, but it's not like Ropponen was bad. The second AIC game was really the turning point and the only game that Jani did not play well. After that, it was all Madolora.
                            Remember that Madolora did have and ankle injury to start the season. If I recall, his first game was against Lowell in the BCA and everyone wanted to crucify him. I seem to remember comments about "never want to see him in net again" and such. Then late in the season he became a god when he healed and started hanging up shutouts and his GAA was leading the nation.

Ruby and Watson are both d*** good goalies, but Madolora has proven himself and the #1 spot is his to lose. Key is, if he doesn't perform at a #1 level he can lose the job. My guess is we'll see a 3 way rotation until December, then work load gets carried by Shane with the other two providing some relief so that he's strong come playoff time, and they're sharp in case on injury.
                            John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                            AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                            AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                            NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                            NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                            NCAA DII - 1983
                            NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Since the Blue Cross game realistically means very little, I'd personally rather see Ruby play it because I think he has amazing potential and could just as easily win the game as Madolora, provided our offense shows up. We know what Madolora can do, we know he will probably end up playing the majority of games for us, so I'm all for letting Ruby play wherever possible. Still don't like Watson, though..
                              Yeah the BCA means little in terms of the conference standings but if we want to keep attendance high at these games we have to win them sometimes
                              RIT Tigers
                              Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                              Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                              Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

It looks like we have and answer for the goalie situation at the end of the RIT preview:

"...We’ll probably do what we did last season and give all three a chance and then settle on one or two around Thanksgiving.”
                                http://www.uscho.com/2011/10/04/burt...aa-tournament/
                                "I couldn't be more impressed with the student body . They had fun and had many chants but they lacked venom."

Comment

Working...
                                X