RPI: Smith
      Ferris Wheel: Kane
      Saturday:
      RPI: Dolan
      Ferris: Motte
      Lets go RED!!
      And BC!

Sucks to BU Clarkson

Houston Field House, Conte Forum, Agganis Arena, Thompson Arena, Alfond Arena, Lawler Arena, Whittemore Center, Schneider Arena, Appleton Arena, Tsongas Center, Ingalls Rink, Times Union Center, TD Garden, Scottrade Center, Fenway Park, Herb Brooks Arena, Verizon Wireless Arena, DCU Center, Richard H. Rockett Ice Arena, Matthews Arena

Strike out ALS

Comment

Re: RPI Pick to Click - 2011-12

Originally posted by cnor79 View Post
        Ferris Wheel:

burgie12 likes cnor79's post
        /insidejoke
        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

I haz a sad

My apologies to any Phillies fans. (Well, not really, but I'll pretend for today.)

A sad version of "Last Time it Happened in Rensselaer Hockey"... The last time the Engineers scored 0 goals in two straight games against the same opponent was against Colgate in 2008 (Jan 12 and Feb 15). The last time RPI was shutout on consecutive nights was in 2005 (at Cornell / Colgate, Feb 18 and 19). Incidentally, that also concluded a string of three shutouts in four games (vs Harvard, Feb 11). The last time that RPI was shutout on consecutive nights against the same opponent was 2004 (at Dartmouth, March 13 and 14 to lose the quarterfinal series 1-2). As far as I can tell, RPI had never failed to score a goal in a weekend when playing the same team twice (but I may be wrong).

cnor79 won the week by being a traitor and choosing the opposing goalie. Let's everyone congratulate cnor for winning for the second (third) time ever, including the first of this new season. BOOOOOOOOOOO!

Congratulations to mackek2 for remaining in first place overall by picking up four points this week.

To nobody's surprise (well, after the games were over, maybe there would've been some surprise going into the weekend), the two high-scorers on the weekend were Ferris State's goalies (Nelson on Friday and Motte on Saturday). The highest-scoring position players were Ouellette and Billins on Friday and Thompson and Milam on Saturday. No Engineers recorded a point.

Results!
          5+1 points
          cnor79

4 points
          burgie12
          engineerhockeyfan
          knsmith
          lugnut92
          mackek2
          MavHockey14
          Ralph Baer

3 points
          REDaero91

1 point
          babo
          FlagDUDE08
          GRussinko
          hawthr
          REDRocket
          RHamilton
          RKarger
          RPIHFH
          TuteScrooge
          vizoroo

I have posted a slightly bastardized version of my spreadsheet on my Dropbox account (link in first post). The macros still need cleaning up / refining, but you will be able to access the standings / list of picks.
          Last edited by burgie12; 10-17-2011, 10:13 AM.
          Go Red!!

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Link back to the title post with details on scoring

RPI travels to South Bend to open the new home of the Fighting Irish and then watch the football team take on the USC Trojans. Hopefully, the can open the Compton Family Ice Arena the same way that the Joyce Center was closed.

RPI failed to tally a goal this weekend, so the list of ineligible players has not changed.

You may not choose the following players for this game:
            Rensselaer:
            F - Ryan Haggerty or Brock Higgs
            D - Nick Bailen, Pat Koudys, or Guy Leboeuf

Notre Dame:
            F - T. J. Tynan
            D - Sean Lorenz or Stephen Johns

Statistics / Rosters:
            Rensselaer: Statistics | Roster
            Notre Dame: Statistics | Roster
            Go Red!!

Comment

RPI - Does it matter? (Hopefully... Zach Schroeder)
              Hostile and Abusive Mascot - Austin Wuthrich
              Go Red!!

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                RPI - Does it matter? (Hopefully... Zach Schroeder)
                Hostile and Abusive Mascot - Austin Wuthrich
                I sadface'd untill I saw what was quoted

Also:
                RPI ENGINEERS: #22, a Junior Forward from Staten Island, NY, C.J. LEE!!! I'm keeping optimistic.
                They're stealing my Lucky Charms: Sam Calabrese
                Last edited by lugnut92; 10-17-2011, 10:41 AM.
                RPI Pep Band
                GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                  I sadface'd untill I saw what was quoted :P
                  Yea, I use the white text option a lot. If you check out the caption of the I haz a sad image, you'll find another one.
                  Go Red!!

Comment

First of all, I'm ready for RPI to begin scoring so I have a chance to get some points. So get to it boys!
                    Second I may need half credit for picking the right player on the wrong night.
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

• Re: RPI Pick to Click - 2011-12

I can't believe I'm picking this...

Notre Dame: Mike Johnson (or whomever the starting goaltender is, if another starting goalie is announced prior to puck drop, I'm changing to that)
                      RPI: uhhhh...... Malchuk

I hope to hell I get 0 from Notre Dame.
                      Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 10-17-2011, 04:24 PM.

Comment

I have posted a slightly bastardized version of my spreadsheet on my Dropbox account (link in first post). The macros still need cleaning up / refining, but you will be able to access the standings / list of picks.
                        Methinks that you have added up the wrong columns to get the total in the rightmost column. Maybe you know that already.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

RPI: Laliberte
                          ND: Anders Lee
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Methinks that you have added up the wrong columns to get the total in the rightmost column. Maybe you know that already.
                            Unfortunately, the "Grand Total" column just adds up all of the values used in the pivot table (and I haven't found a way to fix it, and I do want the Grand Total column to exist so that I can use it to determine the Cumulative Rank). Since I have both Score and Weekly Rank being displayed, the value isn't "accurate". If the filter is adjusted and only Score is being displayed, you can see that the Cumulative Rank matches up with the total number of points each poster has accumulated.
                            Go Red!!

Comment

cnor79 won the week by being a traitor and choosing the opposing goalie. Let's everyone congratulate cnor for winning for the second (third) time ever, including the first of this new season. BOOOOOOOOOOO!
                              I didn't even know I picked the opposing goalie when I was making my picks. It was about 15 minutes to game time when I was reminded to make picks (Thanks to Burgie) so I just randomly picked names without even looking at positions (or stats for that matter). Yesterday when I was looking at box scores I didn't think I scored any points this weekend until I realized Motte was a goalie.
                              So I am not a traitor I am just lazy and forgetful.
                              This week I am not going to pick players randomly. Let see what works better!

Sober(ish) Engineers: Alex Angers-Goulet
                              Uneducated Narcissistic Drunks: Anders Lee
                              Lets go RED!!
                              And BC!

Sucks to BU Clarkson

Houston Field House, Conte Forum, Agganis Arena, Thompson Arena, Alfond Arena, Lawler Arena, Whittemore Center, Schneider Arena, Appleton Arena, Tsongas Center, Ingalls Rink, Times Union Center, TD Garden, Scottrade Center, Fenway Park, Herb Brooks Arena, Verizon Wireless Arena, DCU Center, Richard H. Rockett Ice Arena, Matthews Arena

Strike out ALS

Comment

RPI - Schroeder (gonna keep picking him in the hopes he'll explode)
                                RPI's Future 'Travel Partner' - Sheahan
                                Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X