Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: is it the big schools job...

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    While Minnesota didn't push for it, I doubt they are sad. This will bring in revenue, no doubt. They could have just postured themselves that way to the press knowing they weren't really going to have a choice.
    I don't see any way this brings in revenue. I assume MN will actually lose money.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
      I don't see any way this brings in revenue. I assume MN will actually lose money.
      Well, I suppose it won't be as big of a boost as it to the other 4 existing programs. But I doubt that it will go down in the long run, anyways.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
        I'm gonna miss the chance to pick on MTU.

/arrogance

haves
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Well, I suppose it won't be as big of a boost as it to the other 4 existing programs. But I doubt that it will go down in the long run, anyways.
          Unless I misunderstand the BTN,

Mn pay from BTN will stay the same. Games will be in HD.
          MN pay from tickets will stay the same. Unless they get more home games?
          MN pay from other TV will go down.
          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
          Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Which means they will likely follow Michigan's lead and rarely stray from home for NC games.
            sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Currently, they have 14 WCHA home games and as many as six nonconference home games.

In the B1G, they'll have 10 B1G home games and as many as fourteen nonconference home games. My guess is they'll want to have at least ten of those fourteen at home to match the maximum number of home games they get currently.

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                Which means they will likely follow Michigan's lead and rarely stray from home for NC games.
                That is what it looks like. The days of seeing the elite hockey programs will be almost over. I really don't believe the Gophers will schedule the best of the best because the Big Ten will be hard enough.
                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                  I keep reading this but why would a school agree to playing UM only at Yost? The answer is money and if it is worthwhile great and if not then UM will have to travel. There are plenty of other programs that will need games, that may offer more money or include a return trip.

Comment

While Minnesota didn't push for it, I doubt they are sad. This will bring in revenue, no doubt. They could have just postured themselves that way to the press knowing they weren't really going to have a choice.
                    Just to be clear...Minnesota was a driving force for the prior status quo...

Whatever momentum the initiative seemed to have gained, though, apparently slowed because Minnesota athletic director Joel Maturi spoke out strongly against it. ...

"There is some disagreement as to whether we should have a Big Ten hockey conference. I, for one, have felt that wouldn't be good for college hockey. Some may not agree with me and I'm respectful of that because we all have differences of opinion."
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                      3) Wisconsin was an innocent bystander.

It was Barry Freaking Alvarez that led the charge for Big Ten Hockey.
                      How can Wisconsin be thought of as an innocent bystander.

Minnesota and Michigan had expressed indifference to Big 10 due to the impact on college hockey.....

Wisconsin wanted the money.
                      Did you miss the emoticon that indicated sarcasm? Go sell crazy somewhere else we're all full here!
                      "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                      Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                      The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                      Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        I think that may be a little too broad as you can't lump all big schools in together.

But I'm sure of three things:

1) It was Minnesota's job to take care of the other state schools and they didn't, instead selfishly going for the money grab.

2) It was North Dakota's job to be the stewards of the WCHA after the Gophers left, but instead they went for the money grab also.

3) Wisconsin was an innocent bystander.

Sorry, but Minnesota stands to benefit FAR less than the other Big Ten schools with this move.

http://mnhockeycentral.webs.com/bigtennumbers.jpg

I don't think they were in favor of the move, but had little choice.

Comment

Oy.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

tee hee

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                              tee hee

Out fishing I see, I suppose the deer aren't a lot of fun this time of year.
                              Originally posted by CavalryNate
                              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                                Out fishing I see, I suppose the deer aren't a lot of fun this time of year.
                                Not as many bites as I would have thought...

Re: Deer

Lyme disease is really bad this year, so waiting for a killing frost.

Comment

Working...
                                X