Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota State Moorhead Dragons to call press conference at 1pm Friday July 15th.

Legend in everybodys mind

Minnesota State Moorhead Dragons to call press conference at 1pm Friday July 15th.

https://twitter.com/#!/domizzowday/s...17641126936576

https://twitter.com/#!/DomIzzoWDAY

https://peterson.areavoices.com/2011/...nd-here-we-go/

https://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/326968

https://740thefan.com/uploads/Bruce%2...0on%20MSUM.mp3

https://www.kfgo.com/sports-news.php?ID=12634

This is going to be interesting. If by chance they decide to move forward I will be super thrilled. Another Minnesota school playing in Division one hockey! More importantly a school in UND's back yard who will be recruiting against them.
    Last edited by 4four4; 07-15-2011 at 12:17 AM.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Re: Minnesota State Moorhead Dragons to call press conference at 1pm Friday July 15th

What college hockey organizations see:
    *******https://www.therealestatebloggers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/imagesbacon_2Danimalhouse.jpg********
    What the fans see:

*******https://www.poszu.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/riot.jpg********
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Drunkard

Re: Minnesota State Moorhead Dragons to call press conference at 1pm Friday July 15th

Just when you think this summer can't get any crazier...
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Frankenstein's Monster

Great, the WCHA can just add the Dragons, and Hell, I'm just going to go hit the next big Lottery Jackpot so I can go get the ball rolling on getting GVSU around so they can be in the revamped CCHA. Would that work for everybody??
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Kings affiliate
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    Great, the WCHA can just add the Dragons, and Hell, I'm just going to go hit the next big Lottery Jackpot so I can go get the ball rolling on getting GVSU around so they can be in the revamped CCHA. Would that work for everybody??
    Go for it.

This has been one fucled up week.

Like-Minded Poster

Listen to the pre-BHHC Bruce McLeod interview on that KFGO link.

"We think we're just going to stand pat with 10 teams." Indeed Bruce, you are the master of standing pat.

If this is D1...I wonder if this means that Alaska stays put?
    Go Gophers!

Watch out for the bull!

I'm confused. I keep reading in other threads that the NCAA no longer allows "playing up" in one sport. So, can Moorhead "play up" in hockey, or can't they?
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

So let me see if I got this straight:

Moorhead is announcing 'something' Friday
    Northern Michigan is announcing 'something' Friday
    WCHA is announcing 'a' team being added...Friday
    Go Gophers!

Little Ball of Hate

Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    So let me see if I got this straight:

Moorhead is announcing 'something' Friday
    Northern Michigan is announcing 'something' Friday
    WCHA is announcing 'a' team being added...Friday
    The WCHA's press conference has been cancelled. Though this is an interesting new wrinkle, isn't it?
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Frankenstein's Monster

Quote Originally Posted by MavsFan View Post
    I'm confused. I keep reading in other threads that the NCAA no longer allows "playing up" in one sport. So, can Moorhead "play up" in hockey, or can't they?
    As far as I can tell, Hockey should be fine because there's no effective D2 championship to play for. That play up thing is more for sports that already have a championship at the D2 or D3 level. If say some D2 school out east wanted to move say their Lacrosse program up to D1, they couldn't, because there's already a D2 championship for that, they would have to move everything else up as well I believe.

Of course, I could just be talking out of my anus here.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Frankenstein's Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Love View Post
    The WCHA's press conference has been cancelled. Though this is an interesting new wrinkle, isn't it?
    At what point do we just kidnap every AD and president of a hockey school west of the Appalachians, all put them in one room together, toss in several bags of Taco Bell food, and tell em that they're not getting out until they've hammered out a deal where everybody is in a stable league with an autobid?

It just happens.

Quote Originally Posted by 4four4 View Post
    This is going to be interesting. If by chance they decide to move forward I will be super thrilled. Another Minnesota school playing in Division one hockey! More importantly a school in UND's back yard who will be recruiting against them.
    Hahahahahahahaha wait one second....hahahahahahaha

Michigan Tech Fan

Another MN school in the WCHA = More road trips.
    Heck yeah, good times!

Let me look into my crystal ball... it says it will take them exactly two years to get their program ready for D-I and make the jump in 2013-14. Funny, I think I've heard that time frame regarding a few other changes as well recently.
    :-)
    Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.

Yep, still here

Quote Originally Posted by MavsFan View Post
    I thought that too. If they bring a women's team does that count as two?
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

If these guys don't get a slick jersey together I will be very disappointed
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    I thought that too. If they bring a women's team does that count as two?
    You get one men's sport and one women's sport. But, as was explained below, if your division doesn't offer the sport you get a pass.

Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar

Nice. A city that is more worthless than Grand Forks

At least it is in Minnesota. No levees there...
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

If the moratorium on expansion is over, there MAY be a small window, though I doubt it. Proposition 2010-100 stopped new playups effective 8/1/11.

I don't think they can do it unless there will be a mens D-I/II National Collegiate Championship effective in 2013 or 2014

Thread Information