X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Garden Geeks thread

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Pellets haven't done it. Need a license for a 22.
    Has he ever tried his hand with a bow and arrow?? would be highly effective in dropping the Varmit-Cong, and it's quiet. can't be that far of a shot right?
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
      Has he ever tried his hand with a bow and arrow?? would be highly effective in dropping the Varmit-Cong, and it's quiet. can't be that far of a shot right?
      He leaves in 7 days.... there is always next yr.

Comment

He leaves in 7 days.... there is always next yr.
        At first, I thought you were referring to Cheever.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
          At first, I thought you were referring to Cheever.
          I wish

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
            Cheever Kabobs.... with the remaining tomatoes, and onions

Comment

When Lil leaves you could always try Carl Spackler.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Back the car up to his hole. Put a tube over your exhaust pipe and into the hole. Let the car run for a while. That'll do the trick painlessly.
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                  Back the car up to his hole. Put a tube over your exhaust pipe and into the hole. Let the car run for a while. That'll do the trick painlessly.
                  There also is the option of using poisoned bait, I suppose....though you probably want to be careful that nothing else eats it.
                  "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                    Well, after we move the shed (12 X 12) to access the hole and maneuver around the various shrubs and trees in the lawn I guess that will be easy enough

Comment

Well, after we move the shed (12 X 12) to access the hole and maneuver around the various shrubs and trees in the lawn I guess that will be easy enough
                      Live trap with a rock in the bottom and a rope tied to the handle, take it to nearest lake or river, give it a 30 minute swimming lesson, pull up with the rope, empty trap.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                        Live trap with a rock in the bottom and a rope tied to the handle, take it to nearest lake or river, give it a 30 minute swimming lesson, pull up with the rope, empty trap.
                        bwahaha!

There are no leaves on anything in the garden now

Comment

Pumpkin and watermelon seeds are coming up. Quite exciting for the kids! And that's inspite of 117 degrees or so, the hottest stretch of the summer here. Built a partial shade structure to lessen the sun's impact on them and watering them regularly. Also we got our first roof rat (that we know of), as we found him dead not far from one of our bait stations we put out! More of that and we shouldn't have to worry about our citrus being gobbled up.
                          Originally posted by Priceless
                          Good to see you're so reasonable.
                          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                          Very well, said.
                          Originally posted by Rover
                          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Not too much activity in here lately, hope it's because everyone has been as busy as me harvesting and processing. My tiny (~50 square foot) plot yielded enough tomatillos for a gallon and a half of salsa verde, enough so that I could make batches with varying degrees of heat and some different ingredients (e.g. avocados). Fermenting about a quart of thai chili peppers and probably a couple of quarts of habaneros. I've never used more than a few habaneros at a time, so I'll have to be looking up some hot sauce recipes. Looking forward to a big batch of pesto with my basil tree.

Comment

Put up 30 something pints of tomato sauce. Blight is about to strike and tomato horn worms have invaded. I feed them to the chickens so what ever they eat at least feeds my hens.

How do you ferment peppers? Just salt water? tried to ferment cukes and got mold. They smelled good but didn't dare eat them
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Put up 30 something pints of tomato sauce. Blight is about to strike and tomato horn worms have invaded. I feed them to the chickens so what ever they eat at least feeds my hens.

How do you ferment peppers? Just salt water? tried to ferment cukes and got mold. They smelled good but didn't dare eat them
                                I never had a single summer squash. The varmints ate everything else before it could produce more than the first few pickings. Very sad. I might need to give up for a few years and then start again.

Comment

Working...
                                X