X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Garden Geeks thread

my garden is covered with snow
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I was going to have one of my bosses bring a trailer over this week and load it up with all of the chicken manure in in my chicken coop this week. She's in the process of moving to a new house and the idea was to let it sit somewhere in their new yard for the summer and then mix it in for the garden next year. But her wife is being anal about it and doesn't a pile of manure sitting around their yard until after they move in. Little does she know that it probably be better to get it now and let it sit all summer instead of moving in during during the summer and then getting a big pile of manure to dump in the yard. That would really stink for a day or two until it settles. Not that the chicken manure doesn't smell right now, but you're not exactly living there right now.

Anyways, if anybody wants some chicken manure for their garden, you're welcomed to take what you can by thursday.
      Last edited by bigmrg74; 04-07-2015, 11:36 PM.
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
        I was going to have one of my bosses bring a trailer over this week and load it up with all of the chicken manure in in my chicken coop this week. She's in the process of moving to a new house and the idea was to let it sit somewhere in their new yard for the summer and then mix it in for the garden next year. But her wife is being anal about it and doesn't a pile of manure sitting around their yard until after they move in. Little does she know that it probably be better to get it now and let it sit all summer instead of moving in during during the summer and then getting a big pile of manure to dump in the yard. That would really stink for a day or two until it settles. Not that the chicken manure doesn't smell right now, but you're not exactly living there right now.

Anyways, if anybody wants some chicken manure for their garden, you're welcomed to take what you can by thursday.
        She could put it in her garden right off if she doesn't want to plant it this year

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

:raises hand and jumps up and down saying ME!!! ME!!!: do you deliver?

Comment

We're still getting a lot of lettuce, kale, and swiss chard. The arugula has gone to seed. New fruit starting to form on the lemon, apple, and lime trees, with the orange and peach soon to follow. Oh, and the garlic patch is looking pretty good also. We'll probably expand our garlic patch next year, as we like our home grown garlic.
            Originally posted by Priceless
            Good to see you're so reasonable.
            Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
            Very well, said.
            Originally posted by Rover
            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
              We're still getting a lot of lettuce, kale, and swiss chard. The arugula has gone to seed. New fruit starting to form on the lemon, apple, and lime trees, with the orange and peach soon to follow. Oh, and the garlic patch is looking pretty good also. We'll probably expand our garlic patch next year, as we like our home grown garlic.
              It is snowing. Again.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                She could put it in her garden right off if she doesn't want to plant it this year
                Its her wife that doesn't want her dealing with it right now with everything. And given last night the fact that they had some sort of break in at their new house that's getting built, her wife doesn't want to worry about it.
                Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                :raises hand and jumps up and down saying ME!!! ME!!!: do you deliver?
                You're a little out of my way Les.
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  It is snowing. Again.
                  Sorry to hear that. Our problem has been an unusually warm spring so far that's driving our winter garden plants to seed sooner than usual. We're cooling down to 80 or so this weekend, but then back up close to 90 next week. Too warm, too soon.
                  Originally posted by Priceless
                  Good to see you're so reasonable.
                  Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                  Very well, said.
                  Originally posted by Rover
                  A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Its her wife that doesn't want her dealing with it right now with everything. And given last night the fact that they had some sort of break in at their new house that's getting built, her wife doesn't want to worry about it.

You'll have chicken **** next year . My coop is still buried by snow, I need to clean it before getting chicks

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

You'll have chicken **** next year . My coop is still buried by snow, I need to clean it before getting chicks
                      Waiting.....

Comment

No egg layers or do you only do meat birds??

It just happens.

Comment

No egg layers or do you only do meat birds??
                          Egg layers

Comment

First magnolia started to open yesterday. Daffodils probably today. And my bluebells are going to flower for the first time (third year I think?)

Comment

Corydalis out, all the dafs are blasting, Squill out, crocus going by, Hellebore finally flowering. My garden is all messed up. The early stuff is later than it should be and the later stuff is suddenly coming all at once.

Comment

All the tomatoes and Peppers I started are up. Crocuses are beautiful, Daffodils up but no blooms. In Boston last weekend they were just opening up along this building we walked by to get to our hotel. Still have piles of snow in places but almost gone

Comment

Working...
                                X