Garden Geeks thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Garden Geeks thread

The succulent on my desk at work decided life isn't worth living anymore. Over the weekend the entire plant decided to turn brown. I usually water it once every two to three weeks or so. I don't think I overwatered and it's well-drained.

I have no idea what happened.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Peas on earth, good dill to all!

Happy Holidays, fellow gardeners!
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
        Peas on earth, good dill to all!

Happy Holidays, fellow gardeners!
        Well done! Happy, Happy!

Comment

Starting to think about setting up the seed starting trays. Still a few weeks away but have to figure out where to move the stuff that is sitting on top of the table where the seed trays go.

One of those deceptively simple projects that turn out to be sort of like "when you give a mouse a cookie" series of step after step after step.....
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
            Starting to think about setting up the seed starting trays. Still a few weeks away but have to figure out where to move the stuff that is sitting on top of the table where the seed trays go.

One of those deceptively simple projects that turn out to be sort of like "when you give a mouse a cookie" series of step after step after step.....
            I have the catelogs but haven't looked at them. I grow in the cellar. We just had a pipe burst and the ceiling in part of the cellar took a swan dive. One more reason to procrastinate.

Comment

Getting to be that time of year.

I am going to re-seed my lawn this year.

I've been saying that for the past 8 years.

But I'm really going to do it this time. I figure if I do a small patch at time, it's feasible.

The wacky weather is wreaking havoc on my flowers. Normally the primrose are up by now, but there's only 1 or 2 visible.

Comment

I got peas in yesterday

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

First time ever- had almost total failure of all the seeds I planted Bummah!

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                    Getting to be that time of year.

I am going to re-seed my lawn this year.

I've been saying that for the past 8 years.

But I'm really going to do it this time. I figure if I do a small patch at time, it's feasible.

The wacky weather is wreaking havoc on my flowers. Normally the primrose are up by now, but there's only 1 or 2 visible.
                    Do you till it and reseed or just overseed?
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      First time ever- had almost total failure of all the seeds I planted Bummah!
                      Sorry to hear that!

I think I posted that I got a greenhouse last fall- partially to start earlier, and more to keep vermits off of the food they want to eat. So far, so good. I may plant some small tomatoes this weekend, since it's nice and warm in there.

Also, the self watering (from rain barrels) system is fully up and running again, and it works great. Now I need to incorporate some auto worm letchate and the same from compost. So that all of the "food" comes via the water and is fully organic.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        Sorry to hear that!

I think I posted that I got a greenhouse last fall- partially to start earlier, and more to keep vermits off of the food they want to eat. So far, so good. I may plant some small tomatoes this weekend, since it's nice and warm in there.

Also, the self watering (from rain barrels) system is fully up and running again, and it works great. Now I need to incorporate some auto worm letchate and the same from compost. So that all of the "food" comes via the water and is fully organic.
                        THis sounds cool.

In happier news- walked out the front door at dusk to see a fox in the yard chasing a chipmunk down a hole. I have hopes for the groundhogs!!! Nom-nom-nom!

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Do you till it and reseed or just overseed?
                          I will probably till it and re-seed, since the spots I'm fixing are basically bare. It's all under trees, or where the patio guy piled stuff and killed all the grass.

How big is your greenhouse?
                          Will you come build one in my yard?
                          Also, I need a yard big enough to have a greenhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                            I will probably till it and re-seed, since the spots I'm fixing are basically bare. It's all under trees, or where the patio guy piled stuff and killed all the grass.

How big is your greenhouse?
                            Will you come build one in my yard?
                            Also, I need a yard big enough to have a greenhouse.
                            6x10- it's a Palram kit. I was going to build one out of old storm windows, but was overruled, as my wife thought it would not look good.... Got a discount buying it through Sears, but it was still pretty pricey.

Comment

So far this spring: indoor planted lupine and marigolds. Lupine went crazy. Planted them today in a new garden. Broccoli in.

Potatoes are in.

Planted onions, looked dead. 7 inches of rain in 4 days. Finally now showing signs of life.

Tomatoes, beans, watermelons and pumpkins in yesterday.

Cherrry and apple trees didn’t get a freeze this year - last 2 years did.
                              Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

6x10- it's a Palram kit. I was going to build one out of old storm windows, but was overruled, as my wife thought it would not look good.... Got a discount buying it through Sears, but it was still pretty pricey.
                                I got a little one from Christmas Tree Shop- 60$ and it is 5 X 5ft (I think) Walk in and 3 shelves on each side. Working great so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X