Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAH Hockey 2011-12: Will Someone Break the Conference Logjam? Thanks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAH Hockey 2011-12: Will Someone Break the Conference Logjam? Thanks.

Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
    Agreed - The fact that AD Brophy said no decision has been made re D1 hockey continuing does not sound good at all. Then there is the problem of the CCHA probably asking for travel stipends from a program that is likely to be suffering budget cuts.

Very discouraging, to say the least. Will the 2011-2012 schedule be played regardless?
    It's better than a decision already being made in the negative, I suppose, and that means there's still time for UAH supporters to affect that decision. The 2011-12 season shouldn't be affected at this point.
    Michael Napier - UAH '97
    uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
    U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
    NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
    CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
    CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      I think it's: "12 scholarships, Five non-conference games, 1 auto-bid for 12 teams" versus "18 scholarships, six non-conference games (could be more if they lessen league games), and 1 auto-bid for seven or eight teams."
      Just to clarify...The AHA teams currently play 27 conference games, leaving 7 NC's.
      Can't we all just get along?
      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        I can't imagine the stipend would be that big of a deal with playoff $ and more home games happening.
        There is no playoff money in the CCHA. Unless that's something that will change.

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
        Just to clarify...The AHA teams currently play 27 conference games, leaving 7 NC's.
        Whoops. Bad math. That only gives them 32 games. So they lose a NC (under the current CCHA conference games) (without the Alaska exemption), but gain more scholarships.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The most telling thing in all of Dr. Brophy's statements is the leading dependent clause in the last quote.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

If UAH continues the hockey program, it looks like they will only catch a conference spot in the CCHA if Alaska-Fairbanks moves to the WCHA and Canisius, Niagara, Robert Morris and Mercyhurst join the CCHA.

Comment

Any chance UAH will still add some more games to the schedule? Only four games in January. With the exemption vs. the USA under 18's pretty sure they can still add up to 3 games.

Comment

http://www.sent-trib.com/bgsu-sports...erger-08-03-11

Comment

Any chance UAH will still add some more games to the schedule? Only four games in January. With the exemption vs. the USA under 18's pretty sure they can still add up to 3 games.
                  Only one of the USA U-18 games is exempt. The other counts against your 34 game limit.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Only one of the USA U-18 games is exempt. The other counts against your 34 game limit.
                    Right - when I looked at schedule (thanks for work you put in), there were 32 games. If you take away one USA game that leaves 31 and room for 3 more.

Comment

Doubtful as that's the heart of everyone's conference schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        There is no playoff money in the CCHA. Unless that's something that will change.
                        That's because NMU fans drink it all in the CCHA afterparty.
                        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I'm so done with this...
                          UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                          2006 Time Person of the Year
                          Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                          It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

It's my understanding [outside of UAH] that the Chargers will add one game to the New England swing.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                              It's my understanding [outside of UAH] that the Chargers will add one game to the New England swing.

GFM
                              I heard that as well. Merrimack, I believe, on the 27th. Makes for a 3-game series, but I think at this point, you guys are happy to have games at all.

Comment

The textbook definition of a kick in the balls.

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2011/08/...al_distri.html
                                UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                                2006 Time Person of the Year
                                Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                                It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Working...
                                X