Thread: College Hockey Inc. Summits in Canada

College Hockey Inc. Summits in Canada

I couldn't find the older threads on this subject...

I think this is a fantastic, well balanced article. Hopefully more Canadian media take this approach to College Hockey Inc., rather than the stance that has become the norm - to consider these "summits" an attack on the CHL.

https://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...megadrop_story
    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
    B1G: UMinn, UWisc
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass, Notre Dame
    NCHC: UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    WCHA: UAH, BSU, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU

Inactive: BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Re: College Hockey Inc. Summits in Canada

Good read. I liked how Kelly presented college hockey as viable path to the NHL, as well as a back up plan if hockey doesn't pan out. I also like how he praised the CHL as a great option for those that are not academically gifted.

I wish he'd also talk about D-III. Some guys just don't have the skills to play D-I (or for that matter CHL) and D-III is a good alternative, particularly for those who age out of juniors.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Referencing the NHL playoffs and the impact college players have on these games would be good as well. Everybody knows Toews for instance, but last night Ben Smith from BC scored the OT winner for the Hawks, Tim Thomas (UVM) stoned the Canadiens Saturday, there's Gionta, Gerbe, Stafford, Vanek, the list goes on and on. If you're good, you'll make it no matter where you play. And, if you get hurt or it just doesn't work out as expected, you have the degree to fall back on. Sounds like a no brainer.

The only caution is how the NHL protects the Major Juniors, in that first round picks can't be sent to the minors. If they don't make the cut the first year, they go back to their MJ club. Definitely hurt the Bruin's Tyler Seguin this year. A year in the AHL would have helped him immensely IMO.

Thread Information