Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS - Offseason 2011 - Dreaming About 2011-2012 <<<<<

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
    Probably only if there are a couple injuries in strategic positions to guys currently on the Caps. You never know, though... not that I would ever root for injuries to guys, however.
    I'm hoping for defensive injuries to Vancouver so Tanev can play up. Does that make me a bad person?
    RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweedle Dee View Post
      I'm hoping for defensive injuries to Vancouver so Tanev can play up. Does that make me a bad person?
      Tanev would probably get called up if Manitoba gets eliminated. It will likely take injury or suspension for him to see ice time.

Imagine, if the stars align perfectly and the Caps and Canucks meet in the finals............. Would be sweet........

Oh, and unless you're actually arranging for guys to "break something" you're not a bad person. And if you are, then where the heck were you last April in Detroit?????
      John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
      AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
      AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
      NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
      NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
      NCAA DII - 1983
      NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
        It's interesting that they didn't bring up Aucoin who is signed for '11-'12, but did bring up Pinner who is an unrestricted Free Agent next year.
        Probably so they can decided if they want to make him an offer for next season.
        My Four Favorite teams:
        RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
        Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Meanwhile, Bobby Raymond has joined the Binghamton Senators in their Calder Cup Playoff run and has contributed right away. http://www.silversevensens.com/2011/...-over-portland

Comment

Originally posted by coco2 View Post
            Meanwhile, Bobby Raymond has joined the Binghamton Senators in their Calder Cup Playoff run and has contributed right away. http://www.silversevensens.com/2011/...-over-portland
            Nice surprise for Raymond to get to move up after the Everblades season ended in the ECHL playoffs. He finished the ECHL season with the Florida Everblades with a line of (69 gp, 7g, 24a, 31 pts., +25) and was named to the ECHL All Rookie Team. Everblades Press Release on his signing with Binghamton
            John Nabors

NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
            NCAA DII - 1983

Comment

Nice surprise for Raymond to get to move up after the Everblades season ended in the ECHL playoffs. He finished the ECHL season with the Florida Everblades with a line of (69 gp, 7g, 24a, 31 pts., +25) and was named to the ECHL All Rookie Team. Everblades Press Release on his signing with Binghamton
              Man am I glad that I live in Binghamton for the Summer! I just bought my tix for the BSens game and I'm wearing my RIT Jersey tomorrow
              RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Heres a nice video feature on your incoming goaltender Jordan Ruby from the RBC in Camrose.

http://www.youtube.com/user/hockeyca.../2/wAzVBrb-3og

Comment

Madolora vs Ruby is definitely the top / most interesting storyline heading into 2011-12.
                  RIT

Comment

Sounds like there could be worse things than a Madolora and Ruby duo each weekend.
                    -M

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                      Madolora vs Ruby is definitely the top / most interesting storyline heading into 2011-12.
                      Can't forget about Watson either. He came in from the BCHL with some decent credentials last year. INCH had him listed as the #4 incoming goalie last year. No one in the AHA will have the depth in the nets that the Tigers do, and I'd even venture to guess that our #3 will be head and shoulders better than anyone elses #1. None of these guys look like "designated door openers" to me. Definitely should be an interesting competition in the fall. Downside is that that I'd be willing to guess that next season may be the last for Madolora as he may be an early departure.
                      John Nabors

NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                      NCAA DII - 1983

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                        Heres a nice video feature on your incoming goaltender Jordan Ruby from the RBC in Camrose.

http://www.youtube.com/user/hockeyca.../2/wAzVBrb-3og
                        Also, that beard is awesome.
                        RIT HOCKEY!!!
                        You know what I mean.

RIP Mikita

. . . don't worry we'll figure out who bothman is someday, not that anyone cares.

[.+0 :=oo:] My Wii-pon of choice.

What do you want YOUR legacy to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Capernicus View Post
                          Also, that beard is awesome.
                          How old is he? 35?!
                          RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Can't forget about Watson either. He came in from the BCHL with some decent credentials last year. INCH had him listed as the #4 incoming goalie last year. No one in the AHA will have the depth in the nets that the Tigers do, and I'd even venture to guess that our #3 will be head and shoulders better than anyone elses #1. None of these guys look like "designated door openers" to me. Definitely should be an interesting competition in the fall. Downside is that that I'd be willing to guess that next season may be the last for Madolora as he may be an early departure.
                            I think I can forget about Watson, really. He was not very good in any of his starts and never really looked comfortable in net when I saw him. He also gave up a ton of rebounds. I still think Madolora is the defacto starter unless he struggles, though. So maybe it will be Ruby / Watson for whose number 2.
                            RIT

Comment

I think I can forget about Watson, really. He was not very good in any of his starts and never really looked comfortable in net when I saw him. He also gave up a ton of rebounds. I still think Madolora is the defacto starter unless he struggles, though. So maybe it will be Ruby / Watson for whose number 2.
                              So you're giving up on freshman goaltender already? I agree that Madolora is certainly the incumbent and the job is his to loose, but Watson should get some decent playing time early in the season and let see what he can do before dismissing him. Remember Madolora wasn't exactly Patrick Roy out there in his freshman season.
                              My Four Favorite teams:
                              RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                              Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

So based on 167 minutes over 4 games early in his freshman season we should discount him????? My guess is that after a 3 man rotation in October and November we arrive at: #1-Madolora, #2-Watson, #3-Ruby. I'd also guess you might see a little of the workload shared going down the stretch to keep everybody fresh.
                                John Nabors

NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                                NCAA DII - 1983

Comment

Working...
                                X