Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar

Re: Singles Part 14: Come Get Some!

There's no reason to ever bring it up...

Hooper: Men need to believe that they're Marco F*ing Polo when it comes to sex.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Y'all are right. The worst that will happen is my buddy gets in a few "sloppy seconds" jibes. Life will go on.

Fight Cancer, Wherever You Find It

Quote Originally Posted by BoomGoestheDynamite View Post
    Y'all are right. The worst that will happen is my buddy gets in a few "sloppy seconds" jibes. Life will go on.
    If he's your friend that won't even happen. It sounds like more than anything, you have a problem with the fact that your buddy got "there" first.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
    If he's your friend that won't even happen. It sounds like more than anything, you have a problem with the fact that your buddy got "there" first.
    Yeah. There's a difference between some one-nighter and a girl you're "with." You don't really joke like that about a girl your friend's "with."
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    If he's a true friend he's already made the "sloppy seconds" jokes...

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Yeah. There's a difference between some one-nighter and a girl you're "with." You don't really joke like that about a girl your friend's "with."
    He already did, but since I'm not technically "with" her at the moment, it can slide. I think hes smart enough and not such a huge *** to make this a recurring side crack if things progress.

And yeah, as I mentioned first, I'm not thrilled it happened, but nobody owed me anything at the time anyway.

Who cares? Your odds of finding vag that hasn't been penetrated by various objects (both foreign and domestic) are slim and nil in this day and age. As long as she isn't packing some diseases, you're golden.

Oh I would care to avoid virgins at all costs at my age (late 20s). Its just a unique situation to not just meet the a girl's past, but regularly hang out with one of the guys. I seriously doubt most people would have no emotional reaction. But yeah, ultimately it would be incredibly stupid to do anything to jeopardize this one a one night stand before i ever entered the picture.

Well, since he's your friend, at least you know where he's been.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakunin View Post
    Well, since he's your friend, at least you know where he's been.
    And at least know the type of guy she digs, if only for one night.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomGoestheDynamite View Post
    I've got another scenario for the brain trust. I've been seeing this girl for about a month now. Its in the that stage where it maybe heading for a relationship, but I still wouldn't use the g-word to describe her and I'm (as Almington mentioned above) assuming we aren't exclusive yet.

Now there are two buddies of mine who are part of a general social circle. One of them, S, decides to throw a party and invites people from other social groups he sort of hangs out with. I got there late, but by that time my other friend, D, had gotten a girls number. Over the course of the next two weeks he goes out with this girl twice and they have sex. I never meet this girl and don't even remember her name if it ever comes up.

Flashforward six months, and me, my current interest, and a number of other people are supposed to meet up for a bar concert. My Interest in I arrive separately and my friend, D, is already there with a few others (see where this is going). We're fairly far from the door when I see The Interest walk in and point her out. D turns to me and says "Remember 6 months ago, that girl I had sex with once, thats her".

Needless to say I'm not pleased, but at the same time really have no justifiable reason to be angry with two consenting adults acting on their own free will. By the time you're closing in on 30, everybody has a past, I just don't want to know about it. My buddy assures me the situation is over, they didn't really click, and haven't talked in months. The Interest has no idea I currently know and didn't spend much time if any talking to my buddy. Would a clear the air moment be the thing to attempt? I sort of feel like I would have to before this goes exclusive, but at the same time is it best to simply let things alone?
    I wouldn't go out of my way to make it a topic of conversation, but if things with you and your interest get serious, and you get to the point where you're meeting each other's friends, you need to be prepared for the fact that it will come up eventually.
    Cornell University Men's Hockey
    NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

pain is temporary pride is forever

Great news! The girls number I got last week who was a “wrong” number turned out that I messed up one digit in the phone number. I re-acquired it and she seemed very responsive. This one was a cute little redhead. Going to try to hang out tonight. If not, than its off to Boston to watch the bruins.
    "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Quote Originally Posted by Rimbaud View Post
    Clearly you have to have sex with your friend and then wait for the girl to mention something about her and him. And then afterwards you can say "Me too! We have so much in common!"

It'll only make the relationship that much stronger.
    Not all guys are like you.

Quote Originally Posted by goldy_331 View Post
    Not all guys are like you.
    Which is sad.

Blood Boiling with Rage and Hate Almington's Avatar

I totally disagree with Almington because your situation didn't seem like the casual dating scenario and it didn't sound like you weren't just looking for fun, it did sound like you wanted to pursue both women simultaneously and see how the chips fell. If that's the case saying you're not looking for exclusivity is false, you're just not looking for exclusivity in a week. Like Brent said to Boom, what's gained by it. If you're not exclusive and haven't had the talk, then expect women to be dating other guys and expect them to understand the same unless they're stupid.

If you were just looking for fun, then take Almington's advice 100% of the time to avoid crazy mcCrazytime.
    What I said was: "you are not looking to be exclusive with anyone right now" not that he isn't looking to never be exclusive ever not that he wasn't looking to find the right person to be exclusive with, thus the qualifier of right now. That could change at any point in the future at bbdl's discretion.

I've found that I'm far better off if I always try to avoid the mcCrazytime. For me, at the end of the day, it comes down to an issue of trust. I would rather be upfront about that then have to deal with the fall out when she learns about all of this (and she will eventually learn about this if things go far enough) and plant the idea in her mind (how ever small it may be) that she cant trust you.

This isn't a case of what happened before you meet/dated them like with boom, this is a case of what happened while you were dating them. Totally different cases in my mind and such require different levels of communication.

Girl #2 has pulled out into the lead after telling me that she's taking me to the Tim McGraw concert next Saturday. Girl #1, the proverbial ball is in your court.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

pain is temporary pride is forever

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Girl #1, the proverbial ball is in your court.
    they always drop it when its in their court. ALWAYS.
    "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Quote Originally Posted by unh_hockey View Post
    they always drop it when its in their court. ALWAYS.
    When we pass it to them, they do. But do they drop it when another girl they're competing against passes it?
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Banned

For the boys:
    ******** width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zPcWCXBizoY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

For the girls:
    ******** width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wJ8RyGxrxVM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Thread Information